What is the AV ratio for wins/loss?

@Blizzard could you share the data for AV Win ratio and the difference between number of games it takes for each side to reach exalted? Or is AV working as intended for the benefit of the Horde?

9 Likes

Seems like it’s works as intended.

This is the same version of AV that the Alliance dominated back in vanilla days. I remember it well, instant queues for the Horde and many humiliating defeats but it was the only way to get any honor because WSG and AB was full of AQ40/Naxx geared Alliance premades. That existed from the launch of X-realm all the way until tBC (when BGs became irrelevant).

The problem is geared up Alliance don’t bother with AV, while geared up Horde do so in great numbers, that isn’t something Blizzard can “fix”.

4 Likes

The same vanilla players took 154 days to down ragnaros. What happened in vanilla means very little anymore

The players have changed. They have all the information in front of them. They’ve learned that horde racials are far superior for PvP.

The reason the alliance don’t do AV has nothing to do with not wanting to. It’s not worth it. It took premades to overcome the significant map advantage and even then the win rate wasn’t anywhere near what it is for the horde now. But blizzard only cares when the boys in red are the ones getting beat

12 Likes

It’s working exactly how it worked in patch 1.12 all those years ago. That’s the point. Now, I would definitely agree that this version of AV is hot steaming garbage. I would definitely support reverting to an earlier version of AV… I would even support using the “Korrak’s Revenge” version that retail had a while back.

However, Blizzard is not going to make balance changes to the current version. It’s just not going to happen. It is as it was, and that is the point of Classic.

I find it odd they will “fix” things like holding druids, bunker walls, and wall jumping but won’t fix glaring issue of horde spawn advantage in initial push. We don’t see this improvement to 2.4. One can hope if they do classic+ balancing AV map design would be a first on the list.

4 Likes

The race to exalted measuring by game is not a great metric. Win/Loss ratio I get, but if you’re counting how “long” it takes to hit exalted make sure you include queue times.

3 Likes

Holding druids was an issue that needed to be fix from the beginning. It encouraged the “turtle as long as possible and farm rep” mentality.

Marks of Honor coupled with the zero accountability introduced with cross realm queue were a big part of what ruined AV. Without that welfare MoH for a loss, alliance would be more motivated to try, despite the fast queues. As it stands, alliance can realistically get a guaranteed 3 MoHs in the time it takes horde to get 3. Actually putting effort in not only harms HPH, but also potential MoHsPH

1 Like

Who cares?!

AV is not what you wanted it to be. I’m sorry, but it never was. It was always in some miserable broken state.

The amount of AV threads is ridiculous.

It was one of the most anticipated parts of classic. A broken AV is still more fulfilling than much of the balance of the game. Unfortunately the flaws are more noticeable in the version that lacks the epic content from the earlier iterations.

1 Like

you mean like killing alliance AV premades? or making galv give rep after balinda is killed? (horde always had this). I guess those aren’t balance changes?
AV isn’t as it was, Blizzard made changes that went from something near a 50-50 win ratio on average to a 99-1 horde win ratio. We want them to change it back.

5 Likes

No, neither is a balance change. One was an exploit (their decision not mine) and one was a bug. Neither was a balance change.

Horde premaded in Vanilla bud, I know because I was Horde and did premades pre and post x-realms.

It was easy to premade, it wasn’t a problem in vanilla but was a problem now when Alliance could do it.

Different meta. Back then both teams rushed. At the start of Classic AV when both teams rushed it was alliance that won more.

Now the horde discovered that if they turtle they can win most games. So that’s the new meta.

1 Like

so I suggest they change horde “exploiting” their position to deny the alliance anything at all in AV. That’s just as valid as using the que to premade.

Well I havent seen Rag be patched with extra HP either. Therefore, why would you expect blizzard to make balance changes?

Alliance’s current woes are primarily because of the meta and the players. The map is the exact same in 1.12.

With that said, I woould 1000% support a change to revert AV to an earlier version of AV. the one with mines in the middle and I think the trolls too. That would nullify the horde’s early advantage since all they’d be doing first is running right into landmines or elites

2 Likes

Your question implies “a 2019 re-design of AV”. That did not happen.

This is a copy of a 2005 game. You are choosing to play a very old game. Did the 2004 designers “intend” the situation in 2020? Of course not!

So there is no such thing as “working as intended”. There is no intent – except to allow players to play an old 2006 game. Yes, that is working.

Why would Blizzard have this data? What would they do with it? This is Classic WoW, not a “game to be tweaked to improve it”.

1 Like

Except it isn’t. They’ve made several changes.

2 Likes

Any game dev, even back in 2005, tracked any in-game data that could be tracked. Even back then, they tracked win/loss ratio between the factions and thats why they made changes in AV to begin with. What an ignorant comment.

1 Like