What is that big pink ball spell mage casts that can do big damage?

Hi All,

So my Blood DK was in Ashran 2 hours ago and when we clashed in ROC, an Alliance mage cast a big pink ball that dashed forward and hit me, reducing 90% of my health, my total heath was 117k (tank gets 50% hp boost in Ashran) so it hit me for 100k damage. What is that big pink ball spell that can do this much damage? It seems it can hit everything along the path it travels.

Thanks!

i’m guessing this:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, it is the one. How can Blizzard allow this OP spell to exist?

just like a lock can port the efc out of the flag room to kill him, or most of a team off a cliff.

Just like rets can bubble and burst

just like ferals can heal for insane amount

just like NF boomys can case a stupid amount of spells in 1 cast every minutes.

just like… I think I could go down most dps classes and point out why is this in the game.

This may be pretty broken, but than again it’s right in line with the majority of other classes spells making it really not that broken.

this comes off pretty off as I’m trying to be a jerk, and I promise I’m not. It’s just that most dps has something broken in patch.

3 Likes

Sorry, I am just very surprised that this spell can do this much damage in RBG, I mean doing 100k in one hit? Wow!!!

1 Like

I 100% get it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at my screen like WTF actually just happened. 100k is a ton of damage though.

Nothing should hit over 20k with the current health pools. Also it can go through walls. At least we know now from the recent lawsuit why stuff like this happened. I think we always thought they were drunk but they actually were.

They can lol… how’s that?

Well, I just got out of a win in AV, a mage’s “Arcanosphere” hit my Shaman and my team inside IBT and instantly killed everyone, and it was in the beginning of the match and I was hit with 68k damage as I checked combat log. I am pretty sure it is considered “not OP” by everyone.

Oh yea it’s broken, needs a 75% nerf. Probably won’t be fixed for awhile though. Think the Devs got a decimal in the wrong place somewhere on it.

Agree, it is broken. I am still new to WoW, with broken things like this, how soon will Blizzard fix it? 1 week, 1 month?

Bless your heart and good luck.

Could be months or never. That’s the usual and things look worse now internally for them sooooo. I wouldn’t expect anything. Just being honest.

PVP ability shadow rift, but it has a short range of 40 yards so placement is very key, it also has a big effect when being cast so if you dont move… that’s on you.

Sounds like an idea they came up with while on a drunken cube crawl. Just saying. I hope things get better at Blizz.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? Ret paladins, Rogues, DH’s, WW Monks, Marksmanship hunters still exist. Don’t know what i’m talking about? Paladins hit for 25k Templers verdicts, Rogues 100-0 in 3 seconds, Demon hunters can do up to 20k-25k The Hunts, and i’ve seen a MM Hunter do one channel of Rapid fire 100-0 a Rsham with 31% Vers, or a WW Monk 100-0 someone in one spinning crane kick aoe proc. This ability is nothing compared to what blizzard allows to exist in the game.

Edit: Just read your full post, and the answer is… its ashran, dude probably had a ton of BG buffs, or had the Relic that increases the dmg by 150%. I guarantee you it wouldn’t hit over 25k in arena, or RBG, but still busted.

It’s a neat spell that does a lot of damage and can be avoided.

There are many neat spells in the game that do big damage or have unique uses like the lock port.

I don’t understand why everyone always wants cool things taken away just because they aren’t the ones that get to use them.

Do you just want the same old spell book?

I will take new ability additions like these over borrowed power systems any day.

Arcanosphere is a big 4 second cast. its bascially Greater Pyroblast but for arcane. Just stop the cast. interrupt it, stun it, cc it… or if it gets off, dodge it. blood dk is goign to be hard to move out of the way, i understand you have a lack of mobility options, but dodge dip duck dive and… dodge.

It doesn’t. Why are you taking the word of a rando

1 Like

I mean you are wrong. My guildy hits for 50k dmg avg and upward of 80k all the time outside of Ashran. If you think 50-80k dmg to several people 1 shotting them all through a wall is okay. Then maybe Blizz will hire you to come up with what is super broken next.

It’s easily the most busted spell currently. No contender is close.

At no point does cast time justify something that is broken. People need to stop using this as an excuse because is isn’t a good one. What would be better is if broken abilities didn’t exist. It’s not a hard concept to understand.

I dont disagree that broken abilities shouldn’t exist. I just don’t find this to be a broken ability. Its very easily prevented or negated.