What is happening to our Class? (Paladin)

We literally do not, our AA build literally has it in the tool tip “Does not benefit from Windfury”

That would be fury warrior or BM hunter, I can go into diabetic shock and be able to play these classes flawlessly

Art of War is a joke to you?

Exactly, not even gonna stop you, it’d be useless. You try to shutdown one ret pally and 10 more appear.

I don’t see any other class that can do 100% of it’s damage while being 100% immune on a 3m cooldown, lmao.

4 Likes

Art of war only works on blade of justice resets which really only helps get consecration going. On top of that EVERY build that is viable runs crusading strikes specifically states “Does NOT benefit from windfury totem” so how can art of war proc if we can’t benefit from windfury?

I’m not sure I’d be going after the Shamans, all things considered.

I’m also not sure that if you did, you want to highlight that they got Windfury repackaged into a slightly different buff.

1 Like

Okay, so what you mean to say is as follows:

“The current meta build doesn’t work with windfury, and I wish Ret had a raid buff again.”

Not “My class doesn’t benefit from Skyfury.”

Hell, I don’t even know if Crusading Strikes is still meta.

1 Like

BM Hunters are dead simple, but you really can’t beat the defensive and utility abilities of Paladin in a ton of different content. Drunk and standing in fire? BLAM. Divine whatever. Plus, I love being able to queue for holiday and timewalking events as a Tank and just get that content out of the way. Those are just some of the advantages over BM Hunters in addition to my “play while drunk” test.

I think the damage profile fits the utility in most cases. I don’t need to be number 1, I just need to parse purple or better.

They change Fury’s play style with tier set changes way too often. I’ve tried it and it’s not for me.

1 Like

Preach sister. Those are all great things about Ret. But also, buff Ret.

It’s one boring ability being removed. Ret is being praised as one of the absolute best is TWW. But sure, quit over the crappy aura if you want.

4 Likes

I like these words you are saying. But also, buff ret.

I know, it’s G L O R I O U S !

1 Like

Windfury is no longer a totem we drop. It was replaced by Skyfury, so I don’t know why he keeps bringing up Windfury.

1 Like

You people are STILL on about bubble? Which can be torn off of us by every class and their mother? Please stop embarassing yourself you :clown_face:

If crusading strikes carries over instead of templar which every paladin player and beta tester is saying that it is, we WILL NOT benefit from skyfury I can’t make it any simpler of an explanation as that

I’m not going after the shamans at all! No shaman players should be internalizing as hard as the people in this thread are. I’m stating everything thus far concerning us is slowly being stripped away and the only good thing we have going for us that this :clown_face: from A52 is so concerned about us being busted with is an ability that gives us 8 seconds of protection we will use a singular time in a normal raid encounter

Sure. Aside from the Mastery, like you said. That isn’t your class not getting a benefit from the raid buff, which IS the case for something like Arcane Intellect, but you’re not here whining at mages for Ret’s inability to provide Strength. Instead you’ve got an issue with Shamans.

Absolutely wild.

Is pvp all you know? Seriously, nerf ret paladins or make their spec a little more challenging because it’s current state literally encourages high levels of entitlement and trash-high-rewarded gameplay.

It is always a paladin whining about how dead and bad (it is not) it’s spec is.

Refer to shamans please and grow a pair, those are the literal OG of bad current state.

3 Likes

Ret aura. That’s all. This is some next level hyperbole.

4 Likes

I like this take. I’m happy to drop Ret Aura if we get an in-kind replacement (like a Paladin flavor of Battle Shout).

I NEVER said I had a problem with shamans getting this, what is so hard to understand about that? I am using it as an example to explain that you guys are getting something insanely beneficial while it comes off as we are in a constant state of losing beneficial things.

The aura we’re losing gives EVERYONE 40% increased damage and healing and all you need to do is take a hard enough hit to trigger it. Its like the episode of DBZA “I need you to ALMOST kill me” And you get the buff too!!!

I generally agree with you. I’d only add they’re also “nerfing” melee range benefits. I know that seems trivial. But man. I played a Rogue way back when and the range restrictions were really bad.

Whether you say “I have an issue with shamans!” or not doesn’t change the fact that you singled us out when we’re arguably the least comparable to your situation.

You seem to just have some vendetta against the decision to not make Crusading Strikes work with Windfury - which for the record is a Paladin issue. Not a Shaman issue. That boils down to the scaling of Crusading Strikes, not the power of Windfury.