What is going on with blizz gms now?

Can they just not do anything anymore? Been playing since bc and gms used to be able to do really anything to fix issues. Now it seems like they dont even want to talk to you. I opened a ticket because i cant talk to a qm despite being exalted with the reputation.

First response was a faq page/bug report forum. Reopened said that reddit posts with similar issues had a gm fix the problem. Second response, no chat dialogue was opened gm just told me the location of the qm. I said in the ticket " I cannot access the quartermaster" am I crazy for wording it like that? If I couldn’t find the qm wouldn’t i say something like cant find or cant locate??

This is swtor level bad gm service they dont even talk anymore. Feels like they just do whatever and hope you get frustrated enough not to reopen the ticket

EDIT: After reopening the ticket after the gm gave me the location. I said my issue was accessing the qm not locating. Just logged on today and a response from a different gm was a wowhead link to the location of the qm again. They also “looked” into the issue on the wrong character

EDIT2: After about 5-6 tickets with no actual dialogue between the two of us i gave up and started grinding the rep on a different character

17 Likes

didnt you get the memo?
YOu need to be exalted with Bliz GMs now to get them to talk to you…

23 Likes

“Check wowhead bruh”

~GM

23 Likes

My conspiracy theory for the month is…bliz is getting kick backs from all those ads over at wowhead they shove in your face and thats why they send us over there, lol

6 Likes

No, they always had rules they followed. They just went from hands on in game to outsourced low paid temp workers handling via a ticket system.

6 Likes

I remember when they would always respond to a ticket in RP speech and tried all they could to help. Now it just feels like you are dealing with the cable company reading off a cheat sheet of “Did you try this? Try it again.”

25 Likes

i have fond memories of a GM meeting me ingame within ~20minutes to help me start the whirlwind axe event that was buggy at the time. he was funny and had roleplaying vibes.

i dont think that is a thing nowadays. it’s more about waiting days to get an automated response and your ticket closed lol

*this happens everywhere tho. even mcdonalds. i remember there being a 30 seconds countdown from when you paid at the drive-through and you’d get a free sammich if they didnt get your order ready within the 30 seconds. nowadays they send you waiting in a parking for 15 minutes frequently lol

its a problem that goes deeper than just wow.

7 Likes

My last ticket was answered after almost 12 days.

I don’t even know how this game is operational. Everything is just automated.

6 Likes

Dude I just tried to open a ticket and the system is so restrictive that over half the options take you to articles and won’t even let you submit a ticket. Like that don’t solve my problem.

10 Likes

Do you think they pay them enough to get quality service anymore? They probably spent more money for someone to write up that useless FAQ.

Customer service is something ActiBlizz stopped investing in a long time ago.

2 Likes

People in developed countries cost money.
People in under-developed cost less money.
An automated email response telling you that there is nothing they can do for you is free.

Do the math.

4 Likes

Honestly, my experience with GMs thru the tickets have been pretty pleasant over all. Just a quick snippet from one I did on my alt rogue a few days before 9.1 went live. I noticed that in spite of having the final covenant campaign chapter market as completed, the game still didn’t think I had completed the entire story line and it that was because it didn’t have chapter one marked as completed. I spent a couple hours researching and checking wowhead and was at a loss. So I put in a support ticket and here was the results.

" Alchamast
Greetings “My Name”,
Thanks for contacting Blizzard support, this is your faithful GM Alchamaster at your service, I am the master of Alchemy will be gladly assisting in you in this issue for you (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!! Lately have been casting a lot of spells to assist other players, but this time I will dedicate my magic for you.

Ok, enough chit-chat XD I’ve read through your ticket and it is to my understand that you aren’t able to complete the whole chapter of the Venthyr campaign.

Fear not~~ Let me work my magic and see what is the problem. So after some checking, there seems to be some breadcrumb quests that need to be completed. But not to worry, I was able to cast a spell to have them completed for you and from the looks of it you have all 9 chapters completed on your toon Bril o(≧▽≦)o

Here is a happy quote that I hope can make your day: Keep on being a legen…wait for it…dary LEGENDARY player (╯✧▽✧)╯

Thank you for coming to us for help! Hope our answers did fix your problem! \(^▽^)/If you like our support, feel free to leave some comments at the survey afterwards for better future experiences!
Wish you the most wonderful gaming experiences!
Your GM Alchamaster. "

I found that in my in support inbox the next day. This was my first ticket on the problem and not only did he identity the issue but fixed it for me and my covenant campaign was marked as completed when I logged the alt in that day.

I am not saying that some people don’t get “questionable” service but there are some GMs out there that still are there and helping people :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We know these call centers are in the US. There was just an article about how terrible the pay was and how poorly they were treated. They just now handle every Activision Blizzard game and not just WoW.

1 Like

Low payed individuals sitting in cubicals that don’t care.

1 Like

If you’re visiting Wowhead without an ad blocker or script blocker on your browser…you deserve what you get.

3 Likes

In my experience you have to resubmit a ticket at least three times before you even get past the computerized system to a real person.

Then you have a 50/50 chance of them understanding your issue and being able to solve it. On the up side, occasionally they give you a piece of info which allows you to figure out a solution on your own. Think of it as customer service RNG.

I am sure it does feel like that but in my personal opinion, they are simply very poorly trained. (Or not trained at all, just handed a manual and pointed to a computer station which happened ten years ago to a friend after being hired by a phone service company.)

5 Likes

Weird, because my last 2 tickets (which my last one was maybe a couple months ago and before that a month or so before that one) and I got RP responses.

I dont know about ‘deserve’…its quite possible to NOT make a website so obnoxious with ads…but yeah…‘stupid’ comes to mind because I keep going back over without blocking the ads, lol

Yes it is possible to make a non-trash website that is basically not part malware, I agree. The problem is that the internet doesn’t really work that way anymore. It used to in the early 2000’s but alas, those days are long gone.

Yeah, I posted the transcript on my last ticket and the GM was in total RP mode. He even gets bonus points for his Barney Stinson quote :slight_smile:

2 Likes