What is "Fresh"?

I feel like with this statement what you’re describing is a seasonal server and not necessarily a fresh server.

1 Like

So say this fresh is classic only, it ends at BWL? after 12 resets? and is deleted and restarted from 1? That seems quite possible but 1-60 on classic is quite a grind, I wonder how many players would be playing.

A seasonal i guess

My main issue with fresh (which I support) is the gamble on faction balance. I joined classic on day 1 and my server ended up being 97/3 in faction population, had I known that I would not have picked the server. If there were some safeguard against this kind of thing my support would go from passive to active.

I’ll have to re-watch their Q&A because it doesn’t that way, the way they were describing duplicate names, and how they would show “the Server Name” next to your regular Name, if you happen to share the same name as someone else, on these Classic Era type of Servers.

What’s the difference?

I’mma add another bulletin point, for this is another question, that I have.

It is, that’s why some (not all) do the whole Mage Cleave thing, in Dungeons to “rush” through it and go through all of the phases, over and over, again.

That is one of the hardest things to figure out about fresh and has plagued p-server communities for a long time, how do you stop people rolling horde is the age old question

If I were to do fresh servers I would have fresh servers for each expac. You cannot transfer in or out of the servers till the server reaches the end of it’s phase progression. At the end of it’s phase progression, players will have a choice of transferring their character for a fee or have their character permanently deleted. The serve will then reset fresh again.

This way people get their fresh servers, Blizzard get’s yet another stream of income, and the forums get another thing to complain about. Win/win/win

Bonus: Completing certain challenges on these fresh servers will reward the player with unique “hardcore” titles only available through these servers. The titles persist after character transfer.

I think you may because that’s not how I understood it all.

I heard it as of I choose to stay Classic Era I’m going to choose Classic from the drop down list like I do now and log into Kromcrush but if say Piper was decided to be on a Classic Era server you would log into her on the Shadowsong server.

I can get behind this, actually! That makes absolute sense!

Oh, I see! Gotta have them bragging rights :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Essentially, but it also gives the people that wanted a “hardcore mode” t since the launch of classic a bone to chew on.

As for faction balance, I see the fresh/seasonal servers as opportunities to make small adjustments to things like racials / raid tuning/ etc. Essentially you are giving people a Classic+ experience in a quarantined environment as well. I see this as a valid alternative to releasing every future expansion to WoW in classic.

While you make sense, Blizz doesn’t, sometimes LOL

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback!

How would this work though with your proposed idea of being able to transfer characters off these servers for a fee or otherwise be deleted?

How would they fit in to the realms you transfer them too?

“Fee or deleted” sounds really harsh…I can’t see blizzard doing that, but I don’t know where you’d put all these characters

It does but as someone who is hoping we get fresh TBC servers, I’m 100% on board with that.

What do you mean how would they fit? There are plenty of low pop servers as is. We know Blizz will have “Era” servers. It will be just like a normal server/ faction change. The characters may require a name change and any balancing changes made on the fresh server won’t follow.

Sounds reasonable, actually.

Because if you want the luxury of the “fresh” but still want to save your progress and move them onto the Servers that aren’t “refreshing”, I think it’s reasonable to pay for utilizing the “fresh” Servers to get there instead of using the “stale” ones.

I can!

Onto their respective Classic Era Type Servers :thinking:

“Fee or deleted” is yall’s job to debate on the forums. I personally don’t have a horse in that race. The point of it is to limit the amount of outgoing characters from these servers. Players play on these servers with the expectation that the toon will be deleted. Maybe the titles and other glamour stuff can be account wide as compensation.

Like I said, I expect the character transfers out to work much like a normal transfer. You pick a server from a list and deal with the consequences (high/low pop, name change, etc.)

1 Like

I’ll happily debate that for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It makes perfect sense, to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol thanks homie!

1 Like

IK this person responded in another thread, but I don’t want to derail that thread, so I’m bringing the conversation over here:

Is it, though? 'Cause some (not all) want “fresh” in order to not be “seasonal” but having a “fresh” start with a “fresh” Server free of 60s, free of any “established” economies, EVERYONE starts with 0 Gold, etc.

But, “fresh” Players CAN transfer between these “fresh” servers?

I think it does because there are some (not all) interested in keeping their characters that progressed through these “fresh” Servers.

Oops, I misread that. You are right about that, however I’m talking about the aftermath of it all. 'Cause these are important details.

That is why I brought up the point of what happens to these characters, after “fresh” resets itself.

I don’t think it’s right for people to keep their titles and stuff, as they get dumped over onto the “stale” Servers. Which somebody brought up a good point in charging real life money for it, and I can get behind that. You want to save that progress? You should pay for it.

I don’t see anyone wanting some kind of “seasonal” thing that doesn’t have all progress at zero from the start. It’s more so people using two different words for the same thing, fresh coming from the pserver community and seasonal coming from games like Diablo/PoE.

I don’t mind either way if people can transfer between fresh servers as long as those servers started at about the same time. Probably should be similar in that transfers aren’t available from day 1 like in classic though.

What happens to the characters matters for some ppl, but is not integral. I don’t see Blizz deleting characters so it would probably be a transfer to perma classic servers. Obv Blizzard will not just want to keep tons of empty servers running forever, so something will be done with it.