What is everyone’s favorite flying/ground mount(s) and how’d you acquire it?

You lot all end up looking like Starscourge Radahn and his little horse Leonard

1 Like

I got Invincible out of the ulduar timewalking box last wrath timewalking. I enjoy having not had to work for the mount that some people have been farming for years and still have not gotten.

Lucid Nightmare

Because of the psychological trauma inflicted from that maze.

3 Likes

It depends on my character, because I like to use themed mounts that suit each of them individually.

Outside of my characters though… I love my Valarjar Stormwing. I just love the storm dragons and I think they look great. Farming the Valarjar Paragon chests was NOT fun, but it was totally worth it as I still use this mount all the time. Even based one of my characters around it after I got it.

As for my favorite ground mount, gotta be my Vicious Sabertooth. Both the Alliance and the Horde colors look fantastic and I like the DF “Rockfang” models a lot. I suffered through so much S1 Solo Shuffle for it and as much of a pain as it was (Mostly just the awful queue times tbh) I’m really glad I did it.

Purchased 2 wow tokens back in the day and they sold for 54K each, went to the old town and bought the treadblade

This one took me two years of fishing at the Pandaria Peaks…

3 Likes

For ground mount, I kind of like G.M.O.D… It’s not so tall that I can’t get through doors, so that helps. I like the way it flies too, insofar as the head-first animation goes. I’m not a big fan of the sway but it’s a subtle sway. Otherwise I think the chaos-steed is pretty cool.

Flying mount… probably the Fel Dragon from time rifts, I dig that green!

There’s a couple I don’t have yet that I might like more, but sometimes I just use one for a while then onto the next one I like.

I recently hit 700 mounts and I love all my preciouses.

I guess if you held a gun to my head, I would pick the Grove Warden or Jeweled Onyx Panther. I love low profile flying mounts with no wings.

1 Like

Which mounts I use varies wildly, largely depending on what Race/Class I’m playing to fit the theme. The only mounts I use universally across all characters would be the Grand Expedition Yak and the Savage Green Battle Turtle. The Yak for the transmog NPC and the turtle because it would be my favorite of the aquatic mounts.

If I had to pick favorites for ground and flying… hmm…

Ground

• Black War Kodo - my very first Epic mount back when getting a mount was a huge deal
  • Black War Mammoth - Stevey has carried me through many battle across Northrend and beyond
  • Frostwolf Howler - just an iconic wolf that I spent days in AV getting
  • Kor’kron War Wolf - my first AOTC
  • Mechano-Hog - I spent so much time farming mats and getting into Ulduar groups to make it
  • Warlord’s Deathwheel - I don’t care if it was a silly marketing contest. I think it looks really cool.

Flying

• Heart of the Aspects - I really like the design and am so happy they updated its wonky animations
  • Turbo-charged Flying Machine - my first Epic flying mount, again back when getting a mount was a huge deal
  • Iron Skyreaver - It just fits for basically any Horde character
  • Ravenous Black Gryphon - just a really nice, simple, HD gryphon model that I use for all my Human and Dwarf alts
1 Like

Ground is Swift Zulian Tiger by far. Looks great and I still remember the rush when it dropped almost 20 years ago.

1 Like

Right now it’s the one from the epic edition of The War Within.

3 Likes

Armoured bloodwing, when it first appeared in the store during mop I knew I had to have it. I bought it day one and have been using it since.

For ground mounts I tend to use the black war saber the most idk if its a nostalgia thing or not though. For horde when I play undead I normally stick with barons mount from stratholme.

1 Like

TLPD - Saw it on my way to an Ulduar run for Cosmos.
Infinite Timereaver - Randomly got it when I didn’t even know it existed. Didn’t know it was rare until someone pointed it out to me.
Sparkle Pony - Whipped out that card babyyyy.

Flight - Sandstone Drake - bought it when the price dropped a while back so that all my alts can carry a passenger. But now the touring rocket is a thing so…

Ground - Yak - it can repair and t-Mog. Tottaly worth the price IMO.

My favorite mount in the game, both Ground and Flying, is the Arcanist’s Manasaber.

You get it by completing the Suramar storyline in Legion and get Exalted with Suramar.

It’s literally a magical cat that flies, and once Dynamic Flight is activated everywhere, it will most likely be my primary mount in all situations.

The one mount I wish I had is that Flying Disc that Mages get, but I’ve never been able to level a Mage up to the point of unlocking it.

2 Likes

what if my favorite is the sea lion druid form.

The quest that you used to have to do for the forms back in the day was some of my favorite wow content.

I know it was nothing cutting edge or whatever but searching the drop off in that shore for the necklace piece while trying not to drown was a lot of fun

Ground: Ratstallion. I like rats.

Flying: Grove warden.
It’s very beautiful, flies smoothly, isn’t too big, doesn’t have wings flapping. It’s perfect imo. When it was revealed, (and we didn’t know the source) I loved it so much I was ready to instantly buy it if it was from store. Unfortunately you can’t get it anymore, but I’d be ok with it returning, so that more could people get it too. Such a good mount.

This. Yak is the best ground mount. Not my favourite, but the best.

For me it’s the Reins of the Headless Horseman.

Took me years of running the holiday dungeon to get and finally got it 3 years ago.

2 Likes

This is a great mount. I love how it matches most of my mogs.

But on the other hand, I really hate being pigeonholed into using a handful of mounts.

1 Like

My favorite mount is me.

2 Likes

Nothing very rare, I guess: Fallen Charger (ground mount from SL) and Smoldering Ember Wyrm (flying mount from Legion, I think). I normally do the “summon random favorite mount” thing though.