What is a Twink?

I’ve been playing pvp and people keep talking about twinks.

I saw a bear get demolished by a “Twink”, I don’t understand how this is possible? A bear should be able to dominate a Twink, but no this isn’t what I saw.

What gives twinks so much power?

14 Likes
3 Likes

I think you missed the part where a bear dominated the twink. He’s clearly joking.

That said not all bears are dominant so check yourself OP.

24 Likes

Basically this.

Someone plays a sub-max level character with the absolute best gear available (and sometimes not even not naturally available) for that level in order to take apart everyone else at said level.

Simply put, getting BiS in everything at a sub-max level takes some auction housing and maybe being carried through a few stompable legacy raids. Your mileage may vary. BiS at 60? … Not unless you’re both a skilled and devoted full-time mythic raider with the kind of luck most people would want to punch you for.

This is definitely gonna /whoosh some people

26 Likes

Ya google image twink if you really want to find out

3 Likes

The Venn diagram between people who understand vernacular like this, and people who use it in nonstandard ways, is a hilarious mess of a time.

8 Likes

What gives a twink it’s power is the complete lack of body hair. All that oil.

13 Likes

Twinks are characters that fix their level below maximum and optimize their gear for that level.

1 Like

Safe search off or you’re a punk.

2 Likes

This https://youtu.be/MjfMjyBrYwI

Bear is a physical body descriptor, not an expression of dominance or submission. Also, lots of people are vers and enjoy multiple roles.

2 Likes

It depends on the bear…

10 Likes

Thats why i said not all bears are dominant…

2 Likes

Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

1 Like

14 Likes

Ah…no. Typically it is used to mean “dominant” as well.

Stereotypically, maybe. But the origination of bear is just a body descriptor, like dadbod, otterbod, etc.

Clever way to circumvent and/or troll. So far a few have bitten … it would’ve been better for a Sunday thread though.

3 Likes

A jumbo sized Twinkie