What is a spec you never tried?

Well. Tried as in “hey lets actually level with this spec to see how it works”. Not “I’m just gonna play this for 5 minutes”

I kinda realized I’ve yet to really dabble in Subtlety Rogue spec. So I might make my Manari toon one. If you’re hella sneaky with big hooves thats just really funny to me

DK. I’ve tried to make a couple but I never really cared for how their runes worked so I didn’t make it far

2 Likes

All flavour of Mage, Rogue and Warrior.

I get bored before I can get anywhere with these.

I also despise Feral, though I have played it a fair bit.

At this point I’ve tried every spec. So I’ll expand to specs that I did not have any motivation to try at max or level extensively.

Every Shaman spec
Every Druid spec
Every Tank spec
Every Monk spec
Every Paladin spec
Every Death Knight spec
Each Demon Hunter spec
Survival Hunter
Outlaw Rogue
Aug and Devo Evoker
Some others I’m forgetting, I’m sure.

Basically all of them.

Ive tried all on both ally and horde. I have so many deleted toons my deletes have deletes.

4 Likes

I still wanna learn Aug Evoker. But wooshing around as a healer one is just fun. That’s my “I just wanna vibe” heal spec lol

1 Like

I’ve played everything at some point in time. In fact, that’s probably the only reason WoW has continued to be a somewhat interesting game for so many years.

Seems like it’s fun. A lot of the specs I listed seem like they can be a lot of fun. I just have to mesh playstyle with aesthetic. I’m a heal main that only plays 1 healer spec; caster is my preferred playstyle for DPS and Arcane feels uber wizardlike; and I hate melee but sneaky vampire elven rogue stuff is good fun in BGs.

Most healers really. Way back in vanilla on my druid I of course got shunted into the role. But since then, pretty much never. While I’ve occasionally been a healer for small, easy bits of content like crown chemical, I’ve never made a character with the sole aim of playing them as a healer. I do kind of want to though. That recent crown chemical event reminded me that I actually really enjoy the spell selection of resto shamans and holy priests. They look cool, they’re versatile, they’re easy to wrap your head around. Whether or not I ever bring myself to really play a healer I’d at least like to try and get one of those two through the mage tower.

2 Likes

So you didn’t try every spec.

Enough to lose motivation to play them.

Survival Hunter. Not when it was ranged, and not when it became melee.

Most DPS only classes in general. Ques / waiting around for spots drives me insane.

Ret…

I had to level a Kings buffbot for my guild 17 years ago, and also took some time to do some healing… Retribution never factored in at all…

The majority of the DPS-only classes.

Pretty much all Tank and Healer specs, Aug Evoker and Subtlety Rogue.
I did start out with Subtlety, for my Rogue, at the start of Legion but quickly changed to Assassin and have never thought about going back.

I’m pretty sure I tried every spec in the game. You never know when one might click and end up being easy to play or your favorite.

1 Like

Monks stop being fun as soon as I notice they aren’t using their weapons.
Demonhunters look ridiculous with their glaives.
Don’t care for evokers.
Nor healers.

i’ve tried all specs for all classes.