What if you were appointed Principal Narrative Designer for Blizzard?

I would give Blood Elves a really nice pair of black tights.
Black tights are nice because they go with any top.

1 Like

First of all, you and all the other hotties are headed to the dungeon. Next, Rita becomes queen, we save Gnomergan.

Now gnomes are put on strict population orders and given reproduction hormones, gnomes and goblins team up to enslave the rest of Azeroth. We mine the heck into the core and have an underground expansion. We discover all of Azeroth’s continents because heads up we have boats!

1 Like

I would apologize profusely, as I’m almost certainly a worse writer than Steve Danuser, ask them to write me a FAT severance check and I’d dip out before the sun dropped below the horizon.

I would hope they’d show up on one of these:

:white_square_button: :red_square: :white_square_button: :red_square: :white_square_button: :red_square: :white_square_button: :red_square:

1 Like

I’ll add player housing, then I’ll blow the money on finding a wife and use my clout on my dating apps. Win-win for me.

1 Like

Personally, I would introduce an expansion centered around Azerothian “loose ends” in which the Archaeology and Fishing systems are expanded and retroactively fleshed out to give those activities unique and interesting rewards that differ in feel and theme from expansion to expansion. I’d unlock all classes for all races and raise the account-wide character cap to 200. I’d introduce raid scaling that can support any number of players, even one - allowing careful players to solo current raid encounters and get appropriate rewards.

1 Like

Once upon a time in the dark deep void…there lurked an old god named Ker’mhatt who decided to devour all of Azeroth and neighbouring planets.

The End. (I love happy endings :wink: )

Was this tonight’s King of the Hill episode?

If I had my way, N’Zoth would have won at the end of BFA and its victory would have sent us all to the Shadowlands where we had to bargain and fight our way back to the living world which has changed in our absence. The only real safe place to go is the Dragon Isles, still shrouded from N’Zoth as the dragon flights are compelled to return and prepare to be the last line of defense before Azeroth is wholly consumed. So it’s like our actual second chance after our failure. We have the down down of losing at the end of BFA, the struggle of Shadowlands, and the climax for Dragonflight. I even imagine a raid in the sword in Silithus because that would be pretty awesome. Void corrupted Legion remnants? The sword is a cocoon maybe? Not a perfect idea or even not a good one maybe, but I’d prefer it over what we got and what we have now.

1 Like

Deal with Baine starting up a sacrificial cult when he comes back to Azeroth. Now, that the afterlife is fixed, he sees it in his one true purpose to speed people towards their paradise. He’ll suffer damnation to save everyone else.

Then tackle the theme of voluntary euthanasia cause everything needs a controversial element these days.

1 Like

Give me a list of the current novel heroes and villains.

I have a butchers bill to organize. Time to drench this franchise in rich blood.

1 Like

This is actually a good answer. Rather than try to “it never happened” the whole thing, we should try to fix it in the sequel. So, here’s my pitch for Shadowlands 2:

Now that the threat of Zovaal has been dealt with, the covenants are free to argue amongst themselves. Nobody is happy with Pelagos as the new Arbiter: “You didn’t even give us a chance to nominate someone, you just picked the closest volunteer!” Even the Kyrian are unhappy that it was one of their initiates that now sits as the Arbiter, believing there would be others more worthy of the role.

The covenants then turn on each other, and the Shadowlands just descends into civil war as they all plan to unseat Pelagos and install their own covenant leader as the new Arbiter.

1 Like

This should be good…

1 Like

“Why did you appoint some clown with a science background and not a single creative bone in his body? What am I even doing here? I didn’t sign up for this, let me go.”

2 Likes

1.) Lobby internally for the biggest consulting budget I could.
2.) Lay off pretty much anyone who had anything to do with BFA/SL story with sole exception to those responsible for the gems of those expansions - the guy/gal who did the lion’s share of Drustvar, the Jaina/Katherine Proudmoore questline, as well as came up with the Ben Howard questline from SL. Promote them.
3.) Use both budgets to find actual writers who know how to write.
4.) Do what they tell me.

1 Like

I would probobly make a bunch of changes which I think are a good idea, and move the story in a direction which I also think is a good idea. Then the forums would explode about how I am killing the game, and should be fired and never allowed to work in the gaming industry again…

So pretty much what happens to Ion and Danuser right now.

2 Likes

Sure, someone’s been a critic of the story at all times… but I think the first time the story ever got almost unversally panned was WoD, and even then, only the end of it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more butchered, nonsensical ending than Grommash suddenly leading the “good guys” and exclaiming “Draenor is Free”.

Legion got us back on track, only for it to be literally set on fire at the start of BFA and it’s completely burned to ashes by now.

I think if something emerges from the Ashes that’s good, Danuser and team will be forgiven. I genuinly think WoW players aren’t huge story snobs overall… they just want it to not suck. That’s not too much to ask for.

1 Like

I’ll just outsource all the writing work to fanfiction writers and it’ll already be an improvement

2 Likes

I would bring back the Jailer and treat him as the “what is to come” threat that the Jailer was referring to when we killed him in Sanctum. But this Jailer wouldn’t be a robot. I want to see how players would react to that kind of story telling trolling.

2 Likes

I would immediately call upon friends who knew the old lore well and tell them to give me an overview and plan. :slight_smile:

Personally, I think seeing actual consequences to all the disasters would be a nice way to roll things forward. All these things that supposedly affected the planet – yet the planet it as it has been, no new quests/events in the old areas, etc.

I’d roll out changes across the world, little bits here and there that would grow: maybe a new ‘faction’ that is fed up with this whole horde/alliance nonsense and just want to live their lives and fight anything that threatens the planet.

Old grudges, old ways would still be there, so Horde/Alliance tensions would still exist and add an additional element and dynamic between people.

Grow the world forward, update things and worry about ‘save the world’ plotlines for the expansion after that.

1 Like

This but unironically. Exarch Hellscream, but he breaks his mental conditioning and becomes a Warlord of the Warsong again.

In fact, it would give AU Garrosh a reason to hate the Alliance. His mind was manipulated by the Light for years and these “Alliance dogs” worship it, and their King wields it as a weapon.

1 Like