What if we DON'T want Burning Crusade?

Agreed, and I will let my tbc memories exist in gold. I absolutely will not tarnish them with what has happened to classic.

Translation: too many of the people on the forums disagree with me. Therefore they are overwhelmingly retail players.

4 Likes

Tbc is coming dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. It’s been fun classic but better days are ahead.

No more raid logging to conserve buffs for a shot at pvp gear, no more 99% horde av win rate, no more getting summoned to safe spots behind instances, no more mattingly murder to refresh head cd, no more ranker premades, no more zug only totems, no more dungeon soloing, no more mandatory mage alt, no more boosting. no more 1v10 wpvp, NO MORE LOTUS!

3 Likes

I’d rather skip TBC and play WotLK.

6 Likes

I think they will make all new BC servers and let you copy and paste a character over to TBC server. That way everyone can choose to play their toon in BC and if they want to go back to classic stuff they have that option too. 14 years of asking for classic I really doubt they will take that away.

Well, they aren’t.

It’ll be the opposite, probably.

They will open up TBC-applied servers, snapshot your classic characters at a certain date prior, and allow you to pick up where you left off with that “cloned” character on a TBC-active realm of your chance. I would guess a different client entirely, similar to a PTR.

That way people can stay on their established characters’ servers, and if they want to move on to TBC they can, and additionally, they can continue to keep their level 60 as-it-was if they ever wanted to return to Classic gameplay for a fun romp, museum-style.

If Blizz wanted to be sentimental about it, they could name the TBC-On realms the same names as the current classic realms, so people can just apply their snapshotted character to the realm that matches their current realm name, for simplicity’s sake.

No matter what they decide to do, the chances of them removing the ability to play the original, vanilla version of the game are non-existent, as that would go against the very reason Classic came to exist in the first place, and any notion that suggests otherwise is fear-mongering and over-worrying.

2 Likes

Then don’t play it?

There will still be a few Classic servers running i’m sure for the people who want to run Naxx until the end of time.

Lol @ the people who think tbc will have no similar issues to vanilla.

No world buff meta? Meet leatherworking drums meta.

3 Likes

i was and still am enthusiastic about classic because i want to replay tbc, and knew classic would be popular enough to inspire a tbc release. i’m a huge tbc fan. druids are great in tbc. bear tanks are great. restos are great. prot pallies are awesome tanks, finally. shadow priest is a ton of fun. locks are amazing. so many dungeons and raids, including the best raid ever - karazhan. eek just thinking about it gives me goosebumps

2 Likes

I’d be cool with a vanilla+ that incorporated that all, but without the level and gear jump into power rangers content.

I tried Classic and even though I enjoyed a lot it has to offer, I am very much looking forward or at least hoping that Blizzard will release a classic version of both TBC and WotLK. Man the feels of WotLK though!

1 Like

Then you can go back to private servers and enjoy your antiquated version of a game that has many glaring issues.

1 Like

tbc will have one big glaring problem - blood elf paladin’s seal of blood. if the devs give human/dwarf/draenei paladins something equivalent, then it’ll be darn near perfect. boomkins still need some love, but even that is solvable.

It’s not about “beating it” for me - it’s about being here. So far in Classic I’ve ground to PVP rank 11 and have a load of alts in various stages of levelling. I’ve been to ZG once and done UBRS once. That’s the extent of my ‘endgame’ experience this time around (cleared through Twin emps in AQ40 in my original experience back in the day).

It was never raiding and “beating endgame content” that roped me into WoW. Was it seriously that for some of you?

3 Likes

Yep, got a late start in vanilla raiding. Took us until 2006 to build up the numbers in our guild to raid. Ran out of time and never got to do AQ40 or Naxx. Came back to Classic for nostagia and to complete that content. Also, because it’s just a much better all around game than retail.

Never got to do Sunwell in TBC, either. So I am looking forward to another chance to down those bosses.

extremely cheap and almost insignificant drum meta when compared to actual flask consumables that last 2 hours and persist through death that are also comparatively cheaper than vanilla flasks?

totally the same thing! identical! i can’t wait for millions of players to wipe on moroes because they don’t have 5% more haste!

mongoose, coolest enchant :sparkling_heart:

There are problems but it hasn’t given Classic a F.

Boomkins do alright in TBC. Racials should remain authentic to TBC.

1 Like