What if they removed personal loot and enabled master loot?

Well I didn’t know about that. Since I usually only go on the forums to meme or tune in to discussions about recent changes.

That is not “automatic”. That is “good at making friends with people”. Critics call it “good at sucking up to people”. Not everyone is good at that. Some people are bad at it, and don’t get good gear.

But those “bad at it” people might be better at playing their WoW characters well. We count on their skills to win our battles, or raids. Then they resent it when the “good at sucking up” people get the best gear. They say that’s unfair.

It would mean you would play less as you can funnel loot instead of trying again to boost Blizzards time metrics

M and M+ players have the most time played count in game.

True it isn’t automatic but I hear more good tales than bad tale from it. And in general it’s one of the reason wow classic are iconic with it social aspect

do you think johnny random bg who spends all day farming bgs so he can get mog for his alts spends LESS time than a mythic raider who raid logs and only raids a few hours a week? lol

Yeah man you just hit max level and with questing gear you are clearing mythic raids within 2 hours and then logging out the rest of the week .

Alts ?? what are they? :face_with_monocle:

Good joke mate :rofl: :rofl:

do you think you can pvp in greens? to pvp at any real level you have to gear in pve to pvp. if this was WoD that terrible gotcha might have worked. but now? lol

I can’t help ppl who chose wow to pvp :rofl: :rofl:

i have like 34058340958345 pvp mogs and i got them all in legion when you could do WQ to get marks. i won’t touch the dumpster fire that is current pvp at all. it’s like blizz decided to make it as horrible as possible to pvp. until that’s fixed most people won’t do it. but that doesn’t mean there isn’t some masochists out there that find it fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Removing personal loot = all ninja loot all the time.

It’s to be expected… it’s Sunday.

OK just in case this isn’t a troll thread and it really is a legit question…
Master loot was only good when the Master looter could be trusted to actually do their job correctly and 1. not ninja the rare drop mount… 2. intentionally funnel gear to their friends ignoring the previously agreed to loot rules.
3. IF you are pugging into a raid… and you win the roll on something other members of that guild want… prepare to be screwed over and not receive it…

Master loot sucks.

Can’t wait for the 300 posts from people who never raided while ML was relevant to tell us how much it sucked.

Legion system was best system. ML for guild groups, PL for everyone else.

I do like toast but you’re not getting my loot

Probably not. I wish it would. But people who swear up and down about these “terrible and corrupt guild masters” keep yelling and screaming about how Blizzard is protecting them and such. I doubt ML will return. But man, I wish it would for 100% guild groups.

They are not going to axe personal loot, they have been pretty clear about that. The best people can hope for is more leeway in what is defined as an “upgrade”.

1 Like

Here you go OP

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ok-we-tried-it-for-a-tier-no-master-loot-sucks/25578

It’s been discussed to death. There’s literally zero reason to not bring it back as an option, but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on where you stand) Blizzard disagrees.

Oh and to be clear… no I don’t think they should remove PL, but yes they should bring back ML for guild only groups as an option.

have never missed master loot at any time, not for a single second

like the current setup that puts control in the player’s hands instead of the master looter which I’ve seen go awry more times than I can count

if anything the only iteration on the current system would be to somehow block guilds from pressuing guild members to turn over their personal loot - like by hiding the loot drops from the rest of the raid so nobody knows what happened

How do some of you sleep at night knowing the overwhelming amount of mythic guilds use a master looter addon?

Does it just bother you to heck?

They just need to fix personal loot. The current version of it is horrible. However, master loot is far worse.

But great bait, you got a few with it.