What if the Light Emperor does not exist on our world?

I feel like alternate timeline or dimension is a further leap then new continent

That would appear to be what Occam’s razor would dictate, yes.

Could you go into more detail? As in… why the spaceship of the Lightforged Draenei has not seen any other continent anywhere? And why we never saw any new continent on Azeroth while we looked at Azeroth from Argus during the Legion expansion? Given that we are in a magical world with magical rifts to other planets and other timelines already…that makes me think these magical explanations are more likely.

Apologies for the second reply to your exact same quote that I replied to before; but I thought of something else. Let me see if I can connect two different things into an inference that best applies to your question. During the Amirdrassil raid patch, in the outdoor zone we quest in briefly, there was that journal sitting on a table that had a possibly unreliable narrator claim about a Green dragon that was interested in flying beyond the magical barrier of the Stormy Sea and she was advised by one of the Titankeepers that everything she needed was here. She was told that beyond the magical barrier of the Storming Sea was only ruin. That titankeeper never said there was another continent; that statement is totally compatible with all my possibilities of that magical barrier leading to places that are not our planet. Now, a separate thing to mention… in the case of Warlords of Draenor, it was a member of the Bronze Dragonflight who initially connected our world to that alternate Draenor…namely Kairoz. And apparently he violated principles that most of the bronze dragonflight held in doing so…but remember that he had that knowledge. So let’s try to connect the two. “If” the Green Dragonflight was told way back when Tyr was still around and active…about the magical Stormy Sea barrier, and that they should ignore it and not go there, presumably the bronze dragonflight way back at that time was also told about the magical Stormy Sea barrier and that they should ignore it and not go there. It would make sense, then, if the majority of the bronze dragonflight ignores the magical barrier at the Stormy Sea and Kairoz violated that normal behavior. I am not saying that the bronze dragonflight knows all the details about what is through the barrier…but that it seems by inference with these two bits of lore added to one another, that the bronze dragonflight was aware of the barrier and what it could possibly do if they violated their rules.

the answer to that would be, blizzard hadn’t thought of that yet, we couldn’t see pandaria or zandalar and kul’tiras on the holographic globes during wrath

2 Likes

And yet both the Legion appearance of Azeroth in the sky, and Lightforged Spaceship being in orbit of Azeroth happened after they admitted to their error of how they shouldn’t put globes in the game. So there is an inconsistency that would have to be answered if they just want it to be a normal geographic location, no? Included in which, you would have to explain why Odyn the Titankeeper wouldn’t just fly his Skyhold section of Ulduar over any barrier and drop down on the other side where his heretics were hiding? Unfortunately, there are too many inconsistencies that need explanation for your “just a continent” idea to be more likely than any of the options I listed at the top of this thread for the barrier and the Light Emperor.

1 Like

blizzard admits to doing wrong things all the time and then continues to do them

3 Likes

And yet they felt guilty enough about it that they had to create explanations for why Pandaria was not visible and the Broken Isles was not visible and the Dragon Isle was not visible. The lore of there being a magical mist created by a panda emperor, and a raising out of the sea by Gul’Dan, and a still unexplained Titan magic invoked by Alextrasza are all evidence that “just a continent” is the further leap than any of the options I list above.

so why didn’t anyone see the mist then

Because the company’s full of bad writers with an aversion to consistency?

thats the point im trying to make

2 Likes

That’s the point I made. That Metzen felt it necessary to invent a magical mist as an excuse why nobody could see Pandaria after the panda emperor became such magic. That means the Metzen writers repeatedly preferred to come up with magic excuses for new lands not being known. They almost never resort to there just being another geographical place with no magic excuses. Thus… all of the options I listed in the original post are more likely than just a normal geographical place.

I know with 100% certainty that this is true, because I hate it so, SO much.

3 Likes

Even more recent than Panderia, the Dragon Isles do not show up on the world even if you are in geosynchronous orbit in the Vindicaar looking straight down at the planet. So, the isles had to of just been magically folded into a pocket plane or something like that.

I could imagine them take a path like that for the far side of the world, where the heretical titanforged erected their storm barrier that sort of isolated it physically in its own pocket plane.

1 Like

Personally I am fine with the mists for Pandaria because of the twist. That they were not created by Shaohao but the Sha of Pride.

Also allegedly there have been records of people finding Pandaria before the Alliance and the Horde. The legendary Captain Nightsquall for example.

He sailed through the mists to Pandaria an age before the Alliance and Horde ever found it, and made a fortune haulin’ kegs o’ brew to the far corners of the world.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Return_of_the_Nightsquall

That being said I agree that it is getting tiresome of a new landmass being shrouded in dense fog, mists or whatever magical smoke the writers were inhaling at the time.

Or Blizzard is just too lazy to update an area where nearl 90% will never revisit again.

The magical mist reason was fine the first time, but it’s becoming overused. At least this next expansion is going the “Hollow Earth” route.

1 Like

If the light emporer isnt a giant gigachad godemporer of mankind knock off in wow im gonna finally snap

Good news, he almost certainly is.

Bad news, that includes the bad parts, and we’re absolutely going to Horus him.

2 Likes

So we’ll fight him, he’ll destroy us while we cripple him and he gets stuck on a Golden Throne, only able to talk through his powers?

Or we will succeed where Horus did not because unlike Horus we from start to finish don’t have Chaos Gods backing us and thus his allies didn’t think to establish a power source to ensure his victory.