What I want from Classic+

These three are extremely broad and vague. There would be fights over implementation.

Fair enough with this.

I would not not mind the wrath talent tree layouts as long as the +damage, healing and tanking talents are basically delete delete from them.

These talents should have never been added.

Example of what Iā€™m talking about, surprise attacks talent is cool excluding the part where it adds raw damage to backstab. Thatā€™s a garbage design.

Warriors and Paladin have 2 hand weapon skill, again a bad talent.

There are talents like this for damage, healing and tanking, just get rid of them.

If a talent is something situational like bloodfrenzy arms warrior talent that adds raid damage whenever the warrior has rend or deep wounds, thatā€™s a good talent. Another example is more basic, but talent rogue opportunity where attacks delivered by positional attacks like backstab and garrote are more powerful, this really should just be based to the abilities and bad design in general because itā€™s a raw damage talent that you must take if you play dagger.

Some of the wrath talents are really good, but others are kinda terrible, thatā€™s the thing im pointing out.

Point being some of these kinds of raw damage or healing things are really bad, and some may be required to keep things sane.

Another consideration is wrath of the litch king era resilience is actually good, if there is to be any kind of serious PvP.

That or buff base HP by 1.5k

Also any kinda vanilla + needs TBC and later buffs and consumables rules, and 2.0 normalization of rage in order to bring warrior DPS into sane levels.

Agi = crit for warriors really needs to be raised to 29 just like a rogue already is for warriors also.

And eliminate much RNG like mace spec proc, and so on. Charge and intercept should instead daze the target for 3 / 5 sec respectively, and spell batching needs to go.

Leeway mechanics need to be deleted because the game plays fine on private servers without them.

1 Like

Those kind of talents can just have high talent cost like 5/5

Makes the choice to get them harder and youll lose other talents

With the Wrath talent layout and only 51 talents you can afford to kill off a few bad ones.

The bad talents in both TBC and Wrath were not added for flavor, but to actually kill the talent bloat problem that level cap increases bring.

Maybe a few can be kept, but the Wrath trees often have way too much of it. Go look at Rogues and Warriors, itā€™s kinda crazy, and other classes are similar

1 Like

I agree with alot of this.

We need class balance first. Then pvp systyem to buy items with honor. Next would be to get new raids and dungeons. Also dual spec and guild bank would be nice add.

1 Like

You could revamp the gear to match the resistances they mentioned above. Like to do MC and BWL if you werenā€™t at a certain level of fire resitance you couldnā€™t do the raid.

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting for someone to have a rebuttal to this argument.

I could see them giving us Classic+ after we get done with WotLK. Give us another year of Classic, a yeah of TBC, and a year of Wrath. Then come with Classic+. Itā€™s a long shot, but not impossible.

With that said, I canā€™t see current Blizzard being willing to develop Classic+ without putting in some MTX. Theyā€™re not going to spend the resources to have two different MMOs in active development without that additional source of revenue.

With what ive laid out, and with a lot of it being able to use some existing assets from other expansions, i dont think this would be that hard to make for Blizzard

wtf does any of this have to do with vanilla wow?

Heres another thought. Since thats a lot of raids at the end.

Change naxx to a bunch of winged 5 man dungeons

Then just have icecrown be the frost/shadow raid

Could be kinda like scarlet monastery but for lvl 51-60

Wake up !
Nice idea but WOW is still owned by the same companiesā€¦ please lower your expectations. :slight_smile:
What you wish for would need too much effort from Blizzard side and since they atm are in ā€œwe dont give a heckā€ mode ā€¦ it will never happen.

The reason people want classic+ is because although the expansions of BC and WotLK added some great things, their biggest downfall was being separated from azeroth and all older content so much

Classic+ would take the best things from those expansions and weave it into the great world that is classic

Eh.

For me, it would be no world buffs.

2 Likes

That would be good

Keep the hope. I never thought they release classic. I was playing ff14 when classics date was set in stone i quit it hard. I preorder shadowbringers and didnt even play it is how uninterested i was in it. If we get enough people wanting it they will do it. They already know how to scale content and can easily add whatever is in retail to classic plus since its the same engine. The just need to polish and tune it. The content is already made.

1 Like

Having the pvp gear be able to mostly compete with the top end raid gear will make that power creep not as noticeable since people will eventually be able to obtain some pvp pieces with the new honor as currency system

Pvp is just always hard when do much stun/cc baked into the pve of the game. Really i dont think anyone cares about power creep if the classes are somewhat balanced. The war WB exploiting making all other classes subpar is not good for the game. Last night i did 4th dps and didnt have any wbs. That not fair to hunters, locks and mages. Rogues can atleast kinda of keep up without wbs. Our one lock parses 99 and i still do more dmg than him.

Because the way rage is generated in classic is hella OP. This is why in TBC it got nerfed to normalized status.

Also why in TBC it takes way more agi to get 1% crit vs the item level of the armor.

Two things could be done to normalize warrior DPS, and thatā€™s raise the AGI required for 1% crit to 29, and normalize rage.

That would help a lot, also eliminate weapon skill as a stat and go to the glancing blow calculations used for TBC.

Enforce TBC buff rules for consumables, and clear any world buffs on zoning into a raid.

Many problems are solved for PvE right there.

For PvP, just delete all the racial abilities and passive that have any Combat use.

Most problems are solved for PvP, and no real big changes need be made.

Classic+ is a meme.

2 Likes