What I want from Classic+

Remain level 60

Have talent trees along the lines of WotLK.
51 talents at level 60 with those trees would make for some varied builds. Could spend all 51 in one tree for that last skill or 31/20 or 41/10. Dont necessarily keep all the skills given in BC and WotLK though.

Add what was learned from BC and WotLK with the games itemization. This would make more builds viable.

Jewels and jewelcrafting

Glyphs

Northrend added to the game but make it one endgame zone instead of multiple. Level 60 raid and 5 man instance in this zone. Could use existing assets from wotlk to make this zone easy to build.

Outland added to the game but make it one endgame zone instead of multiple. Level 60 raid and 5 man instance in this zone. Could use existing assets from BC to make this zone easy to build.

Hyjal zone added to game. Could make this a leveling zone to fill in a gap that is needed at some level bracket.

Emerald dream added to game as a level 60 raid and mid level 5 man dungeon.

Kharazan added to game as a 10 man raid
ZG and AQ20 changed to 10 man raids

All 40 man raids changed to 25 man

All raids accessible from beginning of game

Naxx, icecrown, black temple, emerald dream all similar difficulty but with different items people would want from each

Raid encounters involving every resistance

Fire: MC, BWL
Frost: Naxx, Icecrown
Shadow: Naxx, Icecrown, BT
Nature: AQ, Emerald dream
Arcane: Kharazan, Black Temple

Every class able to receive a legendary weapon like from Legion expansion. This weapon would be obtained by getting a specific item from each of the end raids, naxx, icecrown, black temple, emerald dream.

All endgame 5 man dungeons given drops that give high geared players incentive to return to them for the life of the game (similar to righteous orbs in strat)

10 Likes

Some cool ideas you got :sunglasses: Im pretty sure blizzard will do something that will be the complete opposite.

11 Likes

That’s cool.

Get ready for TBC classic though cause that’s way less work for blizzard for similar or more $$.

16 Likes

You mean release tbc classic because it’s guaranteed money and they won’t have to put a ton of work in whatever classic+ will be?

3 Likes

I highly doubt classic+ will be realized anytime within this decade. I’d rather have tbc and wrath servers.

2 Likes

Even if classic+ ever becomes a thing, it’ll receive a mixed reception from the classic+ crowd. Because no one can actually agree on what exactly classic+ is except “more of vanilla.”

3 Likes

If they went classic + and actually started adding gameplay to this relic then I’d want to see a balance pass on the classes first. TBC balancing even.

Right now we’re in the (true to actual vanilla) world of mage, warrior or bust with mages being especially gamebreaking.

1 Like

Also completely forgot to mention PvP revamp including

Arenas

Honor as currency to purchase pvp gear

Honor gained in the open world increased by 5x

1 Like

Lol, wait. People honestly still think they are going to do Classic+?

4 Likes

So what would you do to ignore the power creep that inevitably would make its way into the game with all of these raids and instances you’d be adding? If you stay at 60, the new gear would either need to be noticeably more powerful to incentivize players (thus rendering previous dungeons/raids more obsolete than they already are), or you need to itemize the new gear much better to create new BiS meta (thus rendering previous dungeons/raids more obsolete than they already are).

As it is, Naxx gear basically enabled players to crush all other raids and max-lvl dungeons before it. TBC itemization rendered much of pre-TBC itemization obsolete within the first couple of levels.

1 Like

You dont believe that legendary weapon would be a big incentive to do all the raids? Among other things

I said you have to find a way to incentivize players while not rendering the prior game meaningless. This proposed legendary weapon idea fits into the power creep that would stagnate the earlier game. Also, the try-hards would blaze through the new content unless you time-gate it- which is just shades of retail and kicks off the slippery slope all over.

Youve already decided it cant be done before any details have been mentioned. Ive laid out a scaffolding but have not built the details. Open your mind

You lost me here. WotLK is where class design went away from the classic/BC model. Remember “bring the player, not the class”? That be was WotLK.

Also if we’re gunna have BC/WotLK raids retuned to level 60 what’s the point? Just release a BC server.

I’d rather see some class balancing, talent reworks, removal of world buffs from raids, removal of the debuff limit. As for content I’d like to see some of the content that got cut from classic, like the originally planned Karazhan, crypts and all, not the BC version tuned to 60, Aszhara Crater BG, stuff like that.

Just retuning later expac’s content to 60 is a waste of time and resources imo. Plus Naxx gear makes us incredibly OP, so is additional gear from all these raids gunna make it even more ridiculous, or does character power progress just stop at Naxx? And if it stops than there is no point to adding new content.

If I were Blizzard I’d definately stay away from Classic+. Even if they make the right calls 100% of the time, 50% of the population will complain anyway.

2 Likes

I think a lot of gear would have to have stats changed to not make things such a giant leap.

Regardless, at some point yes old gear will become obsolete, i.e. nobody will really run MC anymore other than for Bindings.

But yes, I think the proper progression would be to “normalize” Kel’Thuzad’s gear to where it’s similar to C’Thun/Nefarian/Ragnaros gear in that it’s a bit of an upgrade to other gear in the raid but not a giant leap. All Naxx gear probably needs a bit of a nerf and KT’s gear probably needs a bigger nerf.

Realistically, you’d want new raids top end weapons to be a small upgrade so you don’t get absurd power creep.

The bigger problem I think is we’d have to see HP pools rise to around double what they are to make Classic+ work.

Yes, and it will happen. It’s what most people actualy wanted from classic to begin with. You’re kidding yourself if you think this is the only relaunch of classic we see. Now, classic + isn’t going to happen any time soon. But it’s very likely to happen between 10-20 years from now. It’s even possible it happens 5-10 years from now.

1 Like

Wrong. There are a lot of areas that people agree on when it comes to classic +. Like new raids and dungeons. More difficult raid tuning, and better pvp.

Lol, nope.

Maybe in an alternative universe.

nah, can’t agree to this. vanilla raids may be cakewalk these days w/ 40 players, but the epic scale of c’thun, ragnaros, nefarion, onyxia and other big baddies, loses a lot weight when you reduce the number of players needed to defeat them. if anything, increase the difficulty to make it a lot harder for guilds to downsize and clear with lesser players.