What happens after SoM

So my question. Will there be a possibility to clone our character and move to the TBC classic servers after SoM. I started SoM a little late and I want to know the time I put on this character won’t go to waste if I can’t reach the end game (since the classic era servers are dead)
Would be nice to have the answer on this .

Everyone keeps asking this, I guess it makes sense - it is quite confusing. I really doubt they are going to pass up people paying to clone their character to classic era (Like they already confirmed) and using the system to pay again to clone that character to classic TBC. It’s easy money and they aren’t going to say no to that.

Maybe they will be nice and make it a one time payment classic era or TBC.

3 Likes

yeah kinda sad blizzard can’t just answer this question. Im sure some people are on the fence about starting a SoM character because of this

2 Likes

I can see that, but well… maybe that saved them the pain of playing on dead servers to begin with. SoM is not doing well. :frowning:

Why on earth do people think you would go to a tbc som when you can literally just roll an alt on tbc right now and play?

Why not ? You rather see all those characters die at the end of SoM ?

1 Like

That was the impression I got with SoM at the beginning. A seasonal thing where at the end of the season your progress is essentially locked. I wouldn’t say it’s something out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it would benefit everyone if there was a very clear distinction from the beginning. Either a definite ‘This character is locked and archived at the end’ or ‘You can transfer to classic era only’ it whatever the outcome is would have been enough so that from the very beginning everyone knew the outcome.

1 Like

You will have the option to transfer to a Classic Era realm before the SoM servers are permanently closed. Hope to see you there!

we can hope for a SoM TBC but so far it’s a no from blizzard

Just being able to continue on the existing tbc server after SoM is over would be cool. I mean blizzard offer boost so why not let people who played SoM keep the character and continue

I wouldn’t worry about it too much because more than likely you will not continue playing your character once it’s transferred to Classic Era. This is because SoM 2.0 will probably be launching shortly after and that’s where the player base is going to be.

They don’t, they go to an era realm

You think SoM is successful enough to warrant another season? Does Blizzard put more resources into figuring out how to get more players to play SoM while they are launching an expansion and Wrath Classic in the next year or so?

I hope SoM isn’t one and done, just because of the sheer potential of making something really fun and unique. SoM 1.0 was heavily rushed and with very little forethought. If SoM is further developed along with some major changes that are completely new to Classic/Vanilla WoW, I think that could be a lot of fun for a new season.

1 Like

You will have an opportunity to transfer your character, for free, to an as of yet unannounced Classic Era server.

SoM will likely pad releases and allow for people to have a long enough arena season as pve is sort of raid log meta. There will be alot more to do in wrath with achievements and the like, both in pve and pvp but i believe they are just responding to requests people have made like when they made paladin seals the same across factions as everyone was requesting it and it was good. This might and I mean might allow for classic plus with 2-3 more raids and somewhat harder content because after som testing to see if fresh, and hardcore classic is the answer a version of classic with new retro raids might be the next bet to keep people until wrath. The problem is that they have also made changes no one really wants but a very small minority of players asked for repeatedly like same faction bgs and the removal of women to fruit.

After that I do not know cata and maybe legion classic servers, though I do not know of legion as I quit after the pandas and loss of talent trees. The only thing I didn’t like about cata was the pokemon battles as I just liked to collect pets not fight with them.

Idk, man, it would be completely bonkers to have Era servers from multiple expansions (Classic, TBC and potentially Wrath), SoM realms of all these expansions on top of that and also Retail. At this point they should just embrace the Classic+ idea, TCC SoM is kinda strange, ngl, I for one wouldn’t play it.

No one asked for that. It was performative window dressing from a company under fire for real, egregious sexual assault and sexual harassment in the workplace.

1 Like

Nothing.

SOM is a failure. There won’t be a second SOM. Your characters will just rot away on servers nobody plays anymore.

1 Like

Nah, I am having a blast and the server (JG) is thriving. I just care about the leveling and pre-BIS part of the game, though, specially on a seasonal realm, so I don’t know how are things on BGs and Raids.

But again, for the ones like me who enjoy more little things that make Classic such a great MMORPG, SoM is super nice.

3 Likes