What happens after SoM

Didn’t they say before release u will have the option of moving chars to a classic server or they just get deleted when they shut the som servers down.

My best bet is they will be dumped into the era servers.

Can’t imagine a tbc SoM or allowing you to merge with live servers in tbc. So many issues and exploits with that.

Blizzard has already answered this; SoM characters will be migrated to Classic Era (not TBC).

That may not be the answer you wanted, but this has been known for some time now.

No. They go to Classic after SOM is over. And then you can clone them from there.

Ok Blizzard get clue on how to do this. Only run one classic at a time. After WOTLK stop and re run classic then TBC then WOTLK have it be SOM make good fixes even add classic plus content. This way the next gen of gamers and us old timers will replay because there is a break in between and some changes for the next time.

I realize the original question was answered but since the thread was dug up for a yelling at clouds sesh, I noticed some incorrect information provided.

Not entirely true. What we know is this:

Clones were for characters that were on an Era server at the time of the TBCC pre-patch.
From the Character Clone article page https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000285681
“A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch.” So at this time there’s been no update so no cloning from SoM → Era → TBCC.

No need and no thankyou. I prefer that they continue work on maintaining the current Classic Era servers that already exist. I agree that addition of content to Azeroth’s Classic Era is enticing. If they were ever to take up such an ambitious task I would hope they consider the content that was cut from Vanilla’s release (timbermaw hold/kharazan crypts/emerald dream/etc.)

1 Like