What happened to your skilled folks?

I really fear for things like the new work order systems if they can not even fix the AH. I think it might be a good idea to not purchase DF until we see proof they are capable of bug free systems.

No one wants to purchase a game and then pay a subscription fee to end up being a quality assurance tech for a company incapable of running the game in a working condition.

5 Likes

The AH changes needed to be tested under normal loads that aren’t available in a PTR situation. That’s why stuff like this is brought out at the end of expansions, not as new expansion features. They expect problems and have time to work on them.

3 Likes

So is this what to expect of DF and all its new systems?

1 Like

It’s just the AH. Go play the game and by the time you know the AH will be fine.

1 Like

The AH is in fact working fine now.

Doubt it. As I said, some things that are identified as needing to be tested in real game conditions are brought out during the end of an expansion cycle to have time to work on them.

1 Like

That is a phony excuse. I keep getting that response when it is every change that it happens now and not just some of the time. They simply are too apathetic to bother even composing a post explaining how it happened like the crap we endured when crz came out. That took 2 years to polish.

The better reason that makes sense is they are short staffed and the folks they do have are inept. No way I am purchasing DF and then paying a sub to quality test their apathetic design.

They’ve gotten a lot more people to work on the WoW dev team. The AH is from what a dev said - core in the code and a lot of devs in the past didn’t want to touch it because it’d break the game.

DF is introducing a lot of new things. Expect the beginning to be bad. It is just the nature of the beast. When you internally test is, and go live, things happen that you don’t see on the internal testing. Bugs arise and issues on live servers that the engineers need to go in and figure what is happening.

You mean you haven’t gotten used to beta testing systems in live game

Pathetic !!

They bought a studio, who knows how many are even up to speed on coding wow yet let alone how many were even assigned to wow? We don’t know. All the player sees is every single patch has at least a week of daily downtime and repatching.

Yet they ruin the ability to make mediocre gold by buying mats and crafting then vending by raising the parts you have to buy. They sure got that part without a bug.

Yes and not all deal with bugs, fixes, etc…

All I know is we’ll be getting more smaller patches. Downtime is still just that and until they iron out most of the new stuff… expect a rough ride. It is just how it is.

Has to do for work orderrs to iron out these very problems.

And yes they raised the vendor mat to put off any vendor shuffles that occur.

Which is why I’m not buying anything until I see stuff is working. I don’t play the game in any way that requires immediate daily logging for 8 to 12 hours a day just to stay on a raid team, screwthat.

1 Like

Well that I can agree with.

1 Like

Zother: is afraid. Ya, ya. Ya know it. Ain’t afraid to show it, they scared!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gotta love the trolls who take a snippet and then postulate a comment meant to inflame the subject being discussed. Can’t even ignore the fool he is too afraid to have a public profile. Clawtopsy is the one who is afraid. Afraid of being called the troll he is.

1 Like

For far too many players, gaming the AH IS playing the game for them. All because of WoW Tokens being able to be purchased with Gold…

1 Like

Love me Zother. I’m your friend here. Ya ya you know it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds like you’ve never been involved in the planning and execution of any major project.

1 Like

At one time in my life, I was a provisioning agent for at&t. I dealt with customers paying 10K+ a month for services. At the time there was limited access to facilities and these companies’ livelihood depended on access.

I was juggling 30+ accounts a month which involved being a middle man between local telecoms and what was termed ‘the last mile’ it had to do with federal regulations.

I had to configure csu/dsu routers and local cisco routers, all remotely. These companies were under tight time constraints. To say the least when ‘test and turnup’ day happened everything better work.

So your assumption is incorrect. My title was a network engineer and in those days it wasn’t all automated.

Before that, I was a project manager for large construction projects. So I have no sympathy for blizz and have the life experience to know what they are pushing is inept apathy.

1 Like