What happened to sever resets?

If the company would pay them to do so I’m sure there will be volunteers to work that shift. Adequate compensation goes a long way towards convincing people to work.

good grief, your mog is terrifying.

nice job!

1 Like

I was thinking same thing as op. Not freaking out, but 4 hours later in the morning when people will start logging on for the day is a bit odd. My internet company doesn’t do their maintenance at times like that, they do it at 3am when most people would be asleep and heading off for the night.

If only there was some way for a 61 billion dollar company to somehow do things at night without having their normal day shift do it.

Probably a good idea, but i’ve been handling and using since I was 12 so idk.

My opinion stands though. I think kids need LESS time indoors.

Blizzard management approved sexually harrassing female employees and did nothing about the breast milk stealing.

i just go mess around on my classic character for the shut down :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Yes, they should hire an entire night team with the equivalent level of experience and knowledge of the game system to be able to handle problems that arise during maintenance.

I hope you don’t run a business.

Well , I am rewatching John Wick 4 this morning. That will kill some time.

When there are always like 5 posts on the front of GD every time this happens I wouldn’t say “no one”.

Yep, Wrath was scheduled to be down for an hour.

Not sure when it actually came up.

“Why dont kids go outside” says generation that paved over every single park and piece of greenery within a 50 mile radius and calls the cops on any kids who dare to go out on the street which is the only place left.

1 Like

Sounds like a poor company investment.

But thats a lot of people you need to pay to completely ruin their day. Its not just devs. There are other people in the building. Additional security, etc. It also messes up the entire week, scheduling wise.

If you come in at 2am on Tuesday, you cant really work 9-5 the day before. Or 9-5 on the day itself. Now you have funky overlaps, or shortages of people.

So your suggestion is to hire a group of devs to only work 1 night a week?

I would love to see the pool of qualified devs that are only looking for about 4-8 hours of work a week, specifically at 2am on a Tuesday.

1 Like

idk what you’re talking about there, no one I know in my generation actually does this.

And the city councils where I’ve lived my entire life are all run by people twice my age.

Would just like an explanation why they are down for 4 hours tbh. We aren’t getting major changes this week so it is a little weird we are getting a 4hr maintenance when standard is 30-60min for a typical reset.

I am actually not aware of very many companies that don’t have a 24/7 data operations center that already does this stuff.

I would have to know what they are doing but I doubt changes are happening every single week. I would suspect the downtime is just database tuning/reindexing and services being restarted.

Prep for the half patch is my guess.

There’s a big difference between someone who’s qualified to babysit a server and someone who knows enough about the game coding to apply bug fixes and put out fires that I’m sure every maintenance causes.

Not “freaking out” per se but with weekly vault, it does feel like being told you can’t open Christmas presents until noon.

Realistically though it’s not that bad and unavoidable for something this big.

ya and it’s a troll post thats been done for decades im sure. sometimes people are so ridiculous on here that i can’t fantom any other explanation lol. ree the game is down and they lose their marbles but some might really be this way haha wow are ppl lives i guess