What happened to sever resets?

Not 4 hour Maintenance, not we found a glitch in the matrix and we need to pull the gamer off line for hours. Just the old, simple its tuesday, severs are reset 30 mins to an hour?

I get the game needs down time but there was a time when the game just went down for the weekly resets and not 4 hours every week. Yes yes all the sarcastic witty remarks good for you /clap clap. your so brave and strong so big claps and praise in advance.

But seriously though why not do all this in the dead of the night 4AM PST to 8AM PST when the severs are at the lowest peak, yeah everyone still won’t be happy but it more then likely is less interruption then what we currently have.

3 Likes

They’ve done their research. Tuesday-Wednesday around this time is the lowest spot of activity most of the time.

3 Likes

Why does everyone freak out when maintenance is a bit longer than normal lmao

11 Likes

Because everyone schedules their one day of vacation for the whole year on Tuesday because that is the only day they can play WoW. /s

4 Likes

Nobody is freaking out but the OP has a good point, trying to invalidate it by pretending he is being over dramatic makes you the over dramatic one

10 Likes

It’s going to get worse now that school is out for 3 months.
9am is prime time for kids to be gaming. But to be fair, kids will be gaming all day every day if they get their way.

3 Likes

So 7AM to 11AM EST is the dead of night? It’s essentially the exact same thing they are currently doing…just to a different time zone

1 Like

Only because people know that’s when servers reset

Most of those kids should be outside burning off their excess energy, not sitting in a chair or on the sofa letting their butt get wider as they play video games all day.

I think it’s because 4 hours is the new normal.

Im willing to bet, 7am is when they start their work day. Not because the least amount of people play. Blizzard can do what they want and you will still play so they dont care.

With the level of random gun and violent crimes in my area, I think the kids and their parents are gonna opt to keep them indoors.

1 Like

Sure, but that’s not what is going to happen lol

Plus it’s so hot where I live in the summer you couldn’t let a kid stay out for more than an hour

Downtime happens.
Ain’t that bad.
I’d rather they take their time than rush out a fix :3.

Also people have to be at work to do stuff like this, ain’t no devs gonna be there from 4am to 8am. That ain’t right.

I find it interesting how the WoW forums will complain about how devs dont get treated well enough by Blizzard to stay at the company…but will also say “yeah, one night a week they need to all work over night”

“Bring back that Blizzard quality where they will take longer to do something (just dont actually do this and inconvenience me)”

2 Likes

Got a friend in rural wyoming that sends them out every morning all day.

And I grew up in a ghetto, I still was sent outside every day to play and get the heck out of Mom’s hair.

It’s a Tuesday. In the middle of a work week. Most people would either be at work or sleep. Kids are a bit of an exception in the latter spring and summer months but for the most part, it’s usually sparse.

I’m of the opinion that the opinions of children on adult matters is irrelevant. And when a server goes down for maintenance is an adult matter.

That was back then. I was outside most of the time too. Good times. Now, nope and nope. Arguments that used to be settled with some yelling and possibly a fist fight turns to guns real fast.

1 Like

Sigh…many times these 4 hr down times usually only last maybe 3 or less hours…sometimes only 2…you’ll be fine…