What happened to KT's population?

I ask this question out of love.
To put this into perspective, I am a very active player with characters across 16 high pop servers. I’ve played hard core since 2006.
Because so many people came from KT, around mid MoP I rolled a few toons here, and had a blast.
I raided here in a low end mythic guild in WoD and had 4 toons here. I saw the ebb and flow of people, was pretty active, i even made a Maebus toon. I saw guilds like Royal Militia come from BH alliance, and Sovereign Imperium from Dragonmaw. KT was the perfect server, similar in my eyes to Sargeras. I even found a guild that just did old stuff like Herald of the Titans.
I was here thru legion and at BfA launch and then took a break.
Now that I’m back, it feels empty.
Trade chat is barren. I DO have Badboy that blocks out all the normal spam like carries and such, But I have Badboy installed on every server.
I can count on one hand the things I’ve sold on the auction house. I sell a wide variety of things.
I tried to buy food to level with, hahah on that. Had zero problems getting basic supplies on every other server, even smaller ones.
What happened? Although i have fond memories, I am debating moving a few characters off. Even the forums look very sparse.
And don’t say, “Everyone left because BfA is horrible” because that’s just not the case with every other high pop server. Overall servers pops are down - but not like KTs. Something happened here.
I’ve seen this happen a few times - Cho’gall, Darkspear after Swifty left, Blackrock, and I’m like Oh No, not my dear KT.
Maybe a bunch of large guilds left at once?
Please don’t tell me it’s because Asmongold started playing other games and all his followers left too (like what happened with Darkspeare, and in b4 ppl trash Asmon), or that Tipsout & Co. pulled a bunch of people into Classic Beta.
Or are these factors part of it?

1 Like

IMO it’s all a matter of perspective. I have no reference point to compare it to since we are new to KT but we just transferred here from Blackhand and it is so much more active and alive than BH was. I’ve made a lot of gold here and we have been able to recruit new friends and get AOTC in guild. We weren’t able to do any of these things on Blackhand. I know people are burned out on the literally nothing to do right now but the patch is next week and I’m sure it will pick up quite a bit.

Not sure about the streamer impact but all I can say is that we have no regrets coming to KT and are glad to be there.

Thanks for the insight.
I do log on every day, but maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s just a crazy fluke. Maybe it’s just the trade and the auction house aspect of KT being down. Although alliance trade chat is always more active than horde, given that the mission table on horde isn’t accessible via trade. Anyway, maybe the patch will bring people back.