What happened to Fury Warrior?

Just want to add that, while Arms may be dominant specifically in Mythic raiding, Fury does far better in a M+ environment, and Fury Warriors actually outrepresent Arms warriors in Heroic Nya’lotha rankings.

Specs are, as always, contextual and situational, and, as always, the most high-end gameplay and performance must be separated from the average playerbase.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#partition=1&difficulty=4
1 Like

No, it is not balance, its bad game design. Plus you are confusing balance with being the same. That is what has changed with WoW over the years. The developers got lazy and made all the class mechanics the same. Since double XP started, I have leveled, 9 different classes, to level 120. They are all the same with different animation. Every class lacks thought. Same 4 buttons that build up to something that lets you use a more powerful move.

There might as well just be one class

I beg to differ if my choice to get a pet or wield a second weapon has no consequence, then it isn’t really a choice is it. Decisions should matter and in WoW it does not

Your link is based on results than weigh more on the skills of the player, my link is based more on the highest possible potential DPS you can expect based on your spec.

If you believe anything you typed there’s absolutely no way you played warrior since vanilla. Arms and fury go back and forth on which is stronger per patch let alone per expansion.

Also dual wielding means you can’t hit as hard with either object in your hand while holding one thing with two hands generators a lot more power which is simple physics.

3 Likes

You are funny… Arms and Fury neck in neck in Vanilla, don’t make me laugh. Arms was not even a viable PVE option in Vanilla…

Fury has always out DPS’ed Arms, with the exception of Legion towards the end. The issue with Fury early on was that it was gear depended and really hard to find 2 end game 1 handed weapons. While Arms was not too heavily dependent on gear, it only shined in PVP.

Holy crap dude, Fury out-dps’d Arms from mid-way through Uldir all the way up until corruption came out with 8.3. Meanwhile we still do more damage in certain styles of fights due to our limitless, on-demand AoE; generally still do more in M+; and where we do fall behind Arms, it’s not like we fall to the bottom of the ladder. Fury is an A-tier dps spec, has been all expac. This is a fact.

Arms finally gets an absurd injection of haste from corruption that allows its top end dps to outpace Fury, and you instantly turn into the same type of whiner that Arms has had here all expac, crying about Fury being #1 even though they’re the super-ninja Blademaster spec that HAS to be top dps because reasons. Give me a break. No spec is entitled to be #1 dps, either out of its class’s specs, or out of the entire spectrum of classes/specs. Middle-of-the-pack is not an insult - it is the GOAL of balancing. If you’re competitive and viable, you have nothing to complain about, and Fury is far more than that. Fury was the #2 dps spec last tier. We’re really good this tier. Yeah, if you have the right gear and corruptions, you can probably do better damage as Arms on ST and certain other encounters. So what? If that’s all that matters to you, go Arms. If you really just want to be Fury, guess what, you can! I play nothing but Fury and have no problem being one of the best dps wherever I go, be that M+ or Mythic Ny’alotha.

More utility for one. Piercing howl is a fury only ability that is invaluable for current M+ strategies as well as Carapace and Il’gynoth. Secondly, what do you mean take more damage? Arms has to go defensive stance to take less damage than us, a solid hit to their dps output. Meanwhile we have a constant 10% damage reduction through Warpaint, and arguably the best self-healing in the game. This is of considerable value in M+ as well as some of the most difficult fights in this tier of mythic raid.

6 Likes

This is how we know you’re just another vanilla warrior who has never been good. Even after 15 years.

9 Likes

This is how I know you are just another moron who does not pay attention.

Also with all the changes that has gone into the class, 15 years will not necessarily make you better. Legion Warrior is different from BFA Warrior which is different from Vanilla Warrior. You would know that if you were here to provide constructive criticism or give valuable opinions

i mean the OP clensed Devastation hour and but kept mastery proc. i mean if that dosnt scream no idea what hes talking about what does.

5 Likes

The goal is always the endgame. Anyways I did take a break most of last year, but Arms did more DPS at the end of Legion, and now at the end of BFA.

While you make a lot of good points I disagree with you on Warpaint. No one takes Warpaint… Most fights favor mobility and Bounding stride is normally preferred.

When you make assumptions you make an #$@&%*! out of yourself. Since you know all the details surrounding why I cleansed it you can make that assumption right? Plus you do know math right… one is 35 corruption and the other is 75.

While you were looking me up on Armory, did you notice that I was not in a guild. I am a solo player.

Anyways, I was running a 5 mask horrific vision and had to stay under 20 corruption. I cleansed it because I didn’t have a choice. but since I now run Heroic Nyalotha weekly it’s just a matter of time before I have enough corruption resistance to wield it

I don’t think you understand what this means.

I actually prefer bounding stride and generally take it, but this is factually incorrect. People taking BS over WP are in the minority, it’s very easy to check the logs on this. Literally every fight this tier is 70/30 or 60/40 in favor of WP.

No, it did not. Fury was the #3 dps spec in Antorus. Arms was, hang on I’m actually gonna have to physically count for this one…#18. Meanwhile right now Arms is #2 and Fury is #7. Oh god, life is hard being in the top third of dps specs.

Cleansing TDIII for a vision? Yikes. And it’s under 40 man, not 20.

Then why on Earth are you griping about Fury sliding backward a few dps slots while Arms moves forward a few and happens to pass it? It doesn’t matter to you in the slightest.

4 Likes

This is a very dumb comment that I felt compelled to respond twice. The fact that you have a like is even more baffling. Also, I do have several corrupted gear in my bag. Just for you I will switch out weapons so that you can refresh your browser and see. Don’t wait too long or I may attempt another 5 masked run

This is the absolute worst logic I’ve seen in a long time

With that said by your off logic only orcs and Tauren should be able to dual wield at all since they’re the only ones large enough.

Fury has self healing and speed vs arms raw power. One should not be stronger than the other, things change based on circumstance.

Fury is easy mode and there’s nothing wrong with that

I solo mostly but when I hit my solo cap I do raid, of course in PUGs. Maybe my OP came off wrong but I was not complaining. Even if Fury was bottom of the barrel, I will still play it. I just though it was weird that you wield a second weapon but deal less DPS. There are many dimensions to this game and I enjoy playing it for different reasons. I like leveling my profession, leveling alts, and so on. But at the end of the day everyone wants a powerful character. Since power is measured by damage, it would be nice if the choices we make matter. Blizzard tries to balance the game so much, that it feels like all the action we take have no consequences. You put on plate, but another class gets double hp to make up for it. You get a pet but the other spec gets plus 5% damage increase. You dual wield, but do less damage. It just feels a bit weird off that’s all.

Also, provide links because I remember end game legion Arms was ahead of fury

Probably not want you intended but I actually agree with you on this. I would rather dual wield 2 1h than 2 2h. Human dual wielding 2 2h looks weirder than cool

1. You post a lot of information but with no links to back it up. At this point you could say anything you want.
  2. I have never seen any warrior in Nyalotha take WP over BS. If I am wrong I am willing to admit it but pls post your source.
  3. Please explain to me what end game means. And how you arrived at the conclusion that I do not understand it’s meaning
  4. I would love to see you run 5 masks horrific vision with 20 corruption as a warrior. Please make a video and post it on Youtube you will be my hero.

Your weapon types are largely a stylistic and playstyle thing. All specs are balanced to do roughly the same dps. Even if it wasn’t, speaking as a HEMA enthusiast, there’s no good argument for dual wielding to do more damage than a single two-hander. While I love Fury and the dual wielding warrior concept, there’s no game design or real world justification for it to do more damage just for being Fury.

I can also tell you that any issues with damage you’re having right now are not a factor of the class. I implore you not to take this as an insult - text can remove many of the nuances of tone and intent - but you just don’t know the spec very well.

Throw out your various justifications for cleansing your Nzoth sword. They’re faulty. I’ve looked at your character - not as part of an intent to shame but from genuine interest - and you don’t have any 75 points of corruption that beat out TDIII. You made a serious mistake in cleansing it. Technically you’d need to get to a level 7 cloak before you have enough resistance to stay under 40, but even if you had it before then it’d be worth waiting for. The only way to beat it out would be if you had 75 points worth of high level Gushing Wound and Severe.

You have taken Unbridled Fury on all three of your Azerite pieces. The recklessness chance doesn’t stack - it is an abysmal choice after you have one. Take literally anything else. Ancients’ Bulwark? With the exception of maybe two fights, you basically haven’t taken a dps trait. Take Reckless Flurry.

A cursory glance at your logs makes clear you don’t know the basics of the rotation. Please review https://www.wowhead.com/fury-warrior-rotation-guide. Your essence choices are pretty questionable, particularly in your M+ runs. Again, I can’t emphasize this enough, I am not trying to shame or insult you here, but I have to make clear that you really don’t understand the class very well. Fury does amazing dps right now. It is slightly edged out by Arms under very specific circumstances.

Dude, do you not understand how warcraftlogs works? You’re the only one in this conversation who didn’t do the reading. It is generally assumed everyone knows how to look up basic rankings and such. But I’ll help you out here.
Current rankings for Mythic Ny’alotha.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24
Rankings for the final raid of Legion.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/17

If you go down this guide fight by fight, you’ll see that it extracts data from warcraftlogs and has compiled the live averages for what talents people are taking on the fights.
https://www.wowhead.com/guides/fury-warrior-nyalotha-raid-tips-bfa
I can also just go to the rankings on all the boss fights and see what the actual players are taking, and you see on Ra-den for example…overwhelmingly favor Warpaint.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#boss=2331&class=Warrior&spec=Fury

Max level, current tier of content. You don’t seem to understand how Arms has behind Fury in endgame this entire expac, and only now is able to surpass Fury because of very specific Corruption and gearing options that just became available this patch. If your Arms warrior isn’t sporting a ton of Expedient corruptions, he won’t be outdpsing a similarly geared Fury warrior.

With 20? Are you serious? Dude I can’t drop under 25 or I lose one of my Azerite traits. I’m only at 32 right now because the weekly corruption resistance just keeps stacking up. 39 is the ideal corruption and I never go over it. I don’t do videos and I’m not going to freakin’ post one for you now, but you can easily check my Mad World achievement date, and note the fact that I literally have socketed every single piece of gear I’m wearing plus several that I’ve replaced, to know that I have been spamming 5-Mask visions since the beginning of March. I do 1 or 2 5-masks during Stormwind week, and otherwise bank all my visions and run 5-masks until I’m completely out during Org weeks.

10 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever told you this but you’re one of my favorite warrior posters.

I’m hoping you see the light and main arms one day

5 Likes

Fury and arms aren’t pigeon holed anymore.

Why is this a bad thing?

4 Likes

I have a feeling you are the type that loves to hear yourself speak.

1. I don’t have a problem with my gameplay or style nor did I ever indicate that I had issues with my DPS. I came back after a short hiatus and have been slowly gearing up my character. I now do plus 15 Mythic plus and started Mythic Nyalotha last week.

2. Again with the corruption. So If I strip my character naked you are going to assume I raid with no gear. My current gear you see on armory was for the 5 masks I ran this morning. I have enough corruption gear in my bag to reach 150.

3. When it comes to raiding I stay under 40. With 5 masks horrific vision I stay under 20. stop making assumptions. Since there’s no way to verify how much corruption you have when you run 5 masks, I will just have to take your word for it.

4. Like I said earlier if you show evidence to back up your claim in regards to endgame Legion DPS. I will gladly concede as I was making this point on what I remembered.

5. The only thing you happened to prove in regards to BS and WP is that warriors respec based on the boss encounter which is common sense. I carry lots of Tomes with me and respec my essence and traits based on the boss, but the majority of boss fights favor BS over WP.

6. There is no one definition for end game. Even various MMO sites offer different definitions. For me, End game is what you do after you have beaten the game. In BFA Nzoth is the final Boss.

7. Lastly, stop making assumptions based on what you see on Armory. I am not complaining about DPS. I am perfectly fine with my DPS. This whole thread is based on the absurdity of Arms doing more DPS than fury.

Completely agree @ Czar💜
Aedan’s posts have been consistently accurate and enjoyable to read. Would love to see more in the future, as being a fledgling Warrior (but a veteran of the game), I would absolutely trust the information given.

It’s Sunday here in my part of the world, so I’m assuming this thread is just a product of the stereotypical meme-like subject matter, that is delivered for this time of the week.

2 Likes

I feel Blizz like drifted away from that type of game philosophy to one that tries to balance classes on the same level. In SL they made it clear that they want to reintroduce niches again but it probably wont be in the sense that one specs is made to out dps another.

1 Like

Ok groupie, why don’t you ask for his number. Anyways you may not know what veteran means but in real life and in the game.

I have played this game just as much as anyone so your veteran comment is kind of meaningless. Also, considering his character is a bloodelf, it means the character did not exist prior to 2006.