What happend?

The Dk bots will be horrible I bet. I had to report a lot of bots even on my dead server.

So why would you want to keep a system in that encourages boost selling and gdkp runs?

I disagree, with LFD it won’t be a problem nor be a reason to have those individuals exploiting others. Maybe raiding for tanks or Heroic dungeons but that’s a issue on it’s own right? Normal standard dungeons 15-80 however can still remain enjoyable and accessible by everyone and not just high pop servers or services.

The last (most stable) state of class balance is used because it is both authentic to the original experience (it actually existed in that era) and also the most balanced. The earliest implementation of ANY class in a given era of content is invariably the most rife with balance issues and even bugs. I shouldn’t need to explain to you that launch Paladins and DKs are obviously not the version of Wrath that literally anyone wants (except maybe Paladins and DKs).

Using the class balance of the last patch of an expansion as the basis of its Classic version isn’t the most “authentic” recreation possible, but it’s obviously preferable to knowingly launching a Classic expansion in a broken state and making people wait until the end of that content era to enjoy relative class balance.

Do you really not see this? Or are you just grasping at any opportunity to disagree with my argument? xD

It’s not hypocritical at all. Whether it’s class balance or an expansion’s baseline system features, the Classic version of the game uses the patch when things are “working as intended”. Ergo, never use the pre-patch state of class balance because it’s largely untested and unproven, and always use the most stable version of an expansion’s system features.

I’m still not seeing what your issue is with my argument.

No. Boosting is already an XP loss. People do it so they can AFK. That won’t change.

Tanking service is easier to sell with RDF. It’s selling an instant queue now, and the tank can just quit instead of actually run the dungeon.

The population problems get brought up with every single controversy. Yes. RDF will help players on dead servers - in a single aspect. It’s still a separate issue, and I can tell you from experience just to transfer now. The game is 1000x better on a healthy server.

We will see but I just don’t understand how everyone thinks for themselves but what about low pop servers?

In this post I have a lot of faith in Xhelann, they explain it spot on.

I’m not sure how to link posts but if you click on the top “The Future of Warcraft Announcements – Wrath Classic”

1 Like

Hi Egwyn,

I started TBCC from lv1 in January after a break.
I ran a slew of dungeons from 60-70, geared up at lv70 in PvP, dungeons/heroics and raids. I bought no boosts.
I continue to run dungeons, BGs, arena and World PvP fairly casually.

You are a hardcore player who clears Hyjal/BT and ZA every week plus you do arenas.
So in many ways I represent the common more casual player more than you.

I have very clear memories of WotLK before and after the dungeon finder was added- and I’m sure you remember too because we used to play together.

Back in WotLK I made friends and joined guilds by pugging dungeons at lv70.
After the dungeon finder was added, dungeons were a race to the finish, people swearing at one another, people were anonymous, people would quit and be auto-replaced. The dungeons were way too easy, especially with the “pug buff” whatever it was called.
I never flew to a dungeon again, I never scrapped with the horde outside a dungeon again which were actually fun things to do.
The LFD system and the toxic culture it ushered in damaged the game from its inception.

Right. You realize how offensive it is to tell people to “go back to retail” for wanting to play a faithful reproduction of a game as it was, especially when you yourself skipped playing most of said game?

You completely missed out p1 and p2, and didnt even experience the cancer that was trying to get alts attuned to SSC/TK. Hours and hours of sitting in lfg to get tanks or healers because you needed to get revered for every rep, followed by even more actual heroics to get the attunement quests done.

Who are you to tell the people who actually sat through that garbage and who want a break to “go back to retail” when you werent even there?

2 Likes

Also you completely skipped over addressing the “people who got left over on dead servers are morons” thing.

1 Like

True, a shame Blizzard allowed for mega realms with infinite layers, instead of actually managing populations appropriately.

What? Queue up and go pick herbs in the world til it pops, then get out of the dungeon and continue being in that same flower-pickin world. LOOK AT ALL THAT WORLD.

Without it, youre stuck in dal spamming for a group and not seeing the world in world of warcraft. lol

2 Likes

If you actually read the thread, I am not calling people who play on dead servers morons, but people who argue dead servers are better than populated servers.
Unfortunately for people who rolled on dead servers, their only recourse at this point in time is to move to a populated server.

P1 and P2 were the active times in TBCC when more people were playing. That’s outrageous to claim that my playing in 2022 does not equate to having played TBCC. It’s quite the opposite.

The fact that you are in a large, hardcore guild and can’t find groups is bewildering to me.
Because I have actually not had trouble finding groups for whatever I’ve wanted to do.
Maybe it says more about your guild than the server’s population.

Why do you think Blizzard have announced that they’re contemplating not having LFD? It’s because of community outcry against it.

Bad analogy because the intention was to have Guild Banks from the start. The feature had issues Blizz had to work out. That’s why it wasn’t in at prepatch, not because they wanted to gate it to accompany the content it was released with originally. Not to mention Guild Banks were released in ZA and we got them when? I think it was before P2? Same with the Looking for Group tool in TBC. It was in during the 2.0.1 patch originally but we didn’t get it till later because there were technical issues to work through.

Yeah I knew you were going to say this. It clearly demonstrates you have no clue what you’re talking about and this is just proof of why players like yourself shouldn’t be listened to.

Yes, my guild helped out us out a bunch, they were great, especially on the actual hard fights, but it takes north of 50 dungeon runs to attune an alt to those raids and no reasonable person would expect a guild to provide a full 5 man group to run every single dungeon for every single person’s random alt, nor should they? In other words, the attunement process still enconpassed literally hours spent in lfg doing nothing.

Attempted pathetic flame of my guild, but a swing and a miss, starting to see why you xferred :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone rolled a server originally thinking “hmmm this server looks like it’ll die pretty soon, that’ll be optimal for gameplay!”. I haven’t read whatever thread you’re referring to, no, but I’ve read many other threads about dead servers, and 100% of participants are in agreement that being on a dead server sucks, whether or not they instigated the problem by transferring early, or transfered later out of necessity or remained because they refused to pay hundreds of dollars in ransom to play their characters.

Actually, can you show me a quote from a poster who claims that playing on a dead server is optimal? I kind of don’t believe you that one exists.

Yeah the removal of LFD is entirely based on keeping boosters in place and selling wow tokens so. Just don’t even bother FF just released a new patch.

Because the argument for features something like LFD is the same as the argument for end of expansion class balance. It was the optimal spot for the expansion in terms of gameplay.

I have come across people in retail forums who argue for their dead realms because they prefer it quiet. I’m not making it up.

In this thread I have commiserated with people who rolled on servers that died, it really sucks that Blizzard manages server faction balance/populations so badly.

However, I strongly believe that LFD is a system that creates more problems than it solves.

In my opinion, the #1 problem with retail is the anonymous, revolving door of players you encounter. Even zones are “sharded” now so that you don’t see the same player twice.

People disappear and others take their place constantly as people teleport in and out of instanced content. The “world” is more like a waiting lobby than a world with a community.

In turn it affects the culture of the game: People are treated as disposable and interactions are meaningless creating a culture of toxicity instead of cooperation.

LFD is the first step down that path.

They should stop being broke and pay for a xfer.

Sociopathic way of thinking. Par for the course from you though.