What gives Pelagos the authority

No, I didn’t because that show is an awful adaptation of Lucifer.

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion.

5 Likes

The second arbiter was a literal unfeeling robot made from Zovaal’s sigil. The first arbiter, Zovaal, was not an unfeeling robot and made his own decisions just fine.

1 Like

No, it’s kind of objective, since it’s absolutely nothing like the source material. It’s basically a higher budget rendition of the Dresden Files show.

Yes, it’s not objective because plenty of people liked it, and yes, even people who saw the original material.

1 Like

Just because it ended up being a popular show or a good show, does not mean it was not an awful adaptation.

4 Likes

Hey, they’re running out of ideas for expansions. Let’s not fault them for trying to leave plot hooks for later content.

(Never mind the fact SL was the fastest I’ve ever been bored with an expansion and wouldn’t be upset if it fell in the trash bin and forgotten about.)

2 Likes

Just because you didn’t like it doesn’t make it bad. Just means YOU didn’t like it. Lots of people hate WoW, and lots of people like it.

1 Like

Worse than that. “A chance at redemption” is fine… I think probably everyone deserves a shot at redemption too. But they should be able to blow that shot, just like the way Revendreth works now - if you absolutely resist atonement, if you truly believe that your evil is righteous, you belong in the maw.

Pelagos says this line during the campaign before becoming the Arbiter -

Pelagos: But if you ask me… well, I think every soul deserves redemption.

He personally believes EVERY SOUL should be redeemed. Not just have a chance at redemption. Sending souls straight to the Maw is probably wrong, but some souls definitely belong there according to the fiction as it has been presented.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re not even reading what I’m saying.

And obviously never read the comics the show was supposed to be based on. Which are works of art.

1 Like

This contradicts itself (I’m not saying you made it up). If he means “never under any circumstances” then they’re getting redemption, not a chance at it. If he means they’ll get a chance, then the first part is really “never going directly there without passing Revendreth and collecting $200”.

Given a voice doesn’t mean they’ll always get what they want; it just means they get an opinion.

2 Likes

And I feel you aren’t reading what I’m saying either. It was not meant to be an “adaption”. It was based on and then they did their own thing.

1 Like

This is Pelagos though. “Given a voice” means “Given a choice”.

Except for the Halo tv show. That show is a work of art :kissing: :pinched_fingers:

4 Likes

Actually I believe you’re incorrect.

The Arbiter was never meant to send souls to the Maw… the Maw came after the original Arbiter tried to take the sigils and go to Zereth Mortis.

“Bad” souls were supposed to go to Revendreth UNTIL they were corrected.

The Maw is a new thing which was created as a means to keep Zovaal trapped.

2 Likes

Tin foil isn’t meant to be worn as a hat

1 Like

Yes, it was. :roll_eyes:

Most of the cast were literally the characters from the comics. But they said “screw the high brow plot”, because they knew it wouldn’t fly with your average TV watcher. So it became an adaptation in names only, with very thread bare connections to the actual source material.

2 Likes

Considering who we’ve seen in Maldraxxus and Revendreth under the prior Arbiter, who even would go to the Maw to begin with? Kel’thuzad and plenty of other people who’ve committed mass slaughter on planetary scale are seen in both of these realms.

By this reasoning the only reason someone should under any of the Arbiters be “sent to the Maw” is if Revendreth cannot straighten them out, and it was mentioned that many of the older reforming souls had been there for thousands of years…

at what point does even Revendreth just throw someone in the Maw?

1 Like

Citation required Sevaryn.

2 Likes

This post seems like cringey anti-trans hate speech.

1 Like