What games did you play before you found WoW?

I came from Warcraft 1-3, Starcraft 1-2, Diablo 1-2, Resident Evil 1-3, Silent Hill 1-2, Zelda up till Ocarina of Time, GTA 1-3, Mario, Sonic, Streets of Rage, Battletoads, Metal Gear Solid 1-2, Halo 1-3, Street Fighter, Tekken, Final Fantasy 1-10(stopped playing FF after X-2) and Legend of the Dragoon among many others but these are the games I have fond memories of.

Reminiscing about these games makes me nostalgic, makes me wonder what newer players have played before finding WoW.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Duke Nukem, man I miss this franchise…

4 Likes

I haven’t played other video games. :man_shrugging:

I’m glad that you’ve had pleasant experiences in other games, though! It is lovely to reminisce. :smiley:

My main game that I spent the most time on was Everquest Online Adventures.
It was my first MMORPG. If I had not played it first. I may not have
even tried WoW.

2 Likes

The biggest ones for me were probably WC2/3, Diablo 1/2, SC, Age of Empires 1 through 3, and Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2.

2 Likes

I didn’t play any before wow, and had to be talked into this one as it was. I have played others since, just none before [wow].

2 Likes

Too many to name

5 Likes

Skyrim, Skyrim, and more Skyrim :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was knee deep in the word of Neverwinter nights, Rolling as a Paladin of Tyr!

Good times

I played a LOT of Runescape Classic / Runescape 2 before WoW. I switched back a few times over the years but idk, just lost interest. Playing a lot of Counter Strike as well. Other than that not many other video games I was interested in.

In terms of non-PC games? Well…

I got a PS2 back in 2000 or whatever year it came out as a x-mas gift. I played some titles on there including GTA (3?) some motocross games and ATV racing games. I haven’t purchased a console since that time.

2 Likes

I still had a working console around the time I started playing WoW so whatever I had for my PS3 at the time as I wasn’t into pc gaming at the time (I think). I can’t recall many specific titles but I mostly had action titles, some racing games and every Bethesda rpg since Oblivion. I also played Skate 1 and 2. I also often played Bushido Blade 2, as I was lucky enough to have a backwards compatible PS3.

A bit extraneous but for the record I had no prior history with Blizzard products, and so didn’t realize until later that WoW part of a pre-existing franchise.

I played Harry Potter… but nothing really before WoW, my tool growing up at work was a Typewriter lol. I remember playing space invaders in the pub friday after work sitting down at a table to play it. I would put my 20 cents on the table to challenge the next winner cause the winner never paid and I beat the boys heaps at it, and the good old pinball machines that’s all I had in my teenage years.

1 Like

Mostly Warcraft 3, Pokemon (Emerald), and a bunch of Nintendo 64/Gamecube games that I can’t really remember to list. Maybe Diablo 2, but I can’t remember if I started playing it before or after starting WoW.

Star Wars Galaxies.

4 Likes

This probably belongs in the off-topic section, but Final Fantasy was my main RPG before WoW.

Diablo II.

The cow level is one of the reasons I love Tauren so much.

3 Likes

LOL, good times…

FS 2004, TTDX, and a lot of vintage DOS games.

Star Wars Galaxies, The Matrix Online, and Guild Wars. Those were the MMOs I played at least.

1 Like

Everquest.

All day, every day. And some nights.

2 Likes

I came from Ultima Online. Played a lot of RTS games as well but UO was where I spent most of my free time prior to WoW.

3 Likes