What games are you excited to get back into (MMO's)?

WoW Retail.

Elder Scrolls Online

Been waiting on a new PC for a long time for these 2, perhaps I’ll try New World sometime as well.

I’ve gotten back into Blade and Soul recently since their upgrade to UE4, to check out any differences.

Guild Wars 2’s next expansion is due in 2022, so I’ll be getting back into that.

Soulworker returned, with new characters added since, so I’ll be trying them out.

I’ve also been meaning to try out the Corsair class in Black Desert. Plus, it’ll give me an opportunity to see how that games performs in ultra mode on a 3080ti; that mode is strictly meant for taking HD screenshots, as trying to play the game set to it with prior generation GPUs will drag the FPS down into the single digits.

how’s Blade & Soul ? I hear decent things about its graphical updates.

I enjoy it - leveling/questing is relatable to WoW. It’s action combat - you chain your attacks and have active defense and countering, but you don’t have a whole heap of abilities to manage, so it feels easier to get into the classes.

As soon as I log into character selection, I already noticed the graphics look cleaner - the character models don’t look as “glossy” as they originally did, the game feels more optimized as a whole so it’s less of a toll on the GPU.

Haven’t seen much that piques my interest to be honest.

What I’d really like is something that has practically no focus on traditional MMO endgame, and is instead something closer to a blend of below-60 Vanilla WoW, Valheim, and Breath of the Wild - less instances, spreadsheets, damage meters, and gear treadmills and more being out in the world discovering, building, and trading with other players.

Unfortunately I’m not sure there’s much of a market for or interest from game studios to build that.

Looking forward to dipping into the next patch, kind of taking a break from wow until then. Been playing Blade and Soul regularly for a bit and I’m enjoying that. I also just recently finished the latest Guild Wars 2 Icebrood Saga story to prepare for the next End of Dragons expansion.

My wife and I started playing EverQuest again…had a lot of fun in the tutorial on Sunday. We played all day.

1 Like

Peria Chronicles was a sandbox MMORPG that was a combination of that before it was canceled out of the blue during development. The biggest feature people were looking forward to enjoying was its full blown crafting system that allowed you to:

• Change and move NPCs, buildings, objects, and more
  • Players can develop land, create structures and even create mini-games.
  • Shape the world by crafting, building towns, maps, and writing their own quests and cutscenes.

All this was possible mainly because they allowed script editing, which gave players control over their creations.

It is probably how it would have felt if ESO was a modded Skyrim MMO…

that is awesome @hothouse, what are you and your wife playing on EQ? If I may ask!? That is a good game!

I’m also getting back into Age of Conan, sure low pop game but so so unique and fun for a MMO of its type. So mature oriented, plus a conan fan.

Lastly, Rift. Sure its combat and interface is surely a WoW “Clone” but I find the core game to be better then WoW retail (well Legion anyway as that was the last retail expansion I played)…looking forward to playing thru aspects of Rift then jumping on WoW retail new stuff.

She’s playing a DE Enchanter, and I’m playing a DE Necro. She wanted to do DEs and I thought Erudites would have been better, but it’s fine. lol

1 Like

nice!!

enjoy!

1 Like

I’ve been playing SWTOR with a friend lately. Honestly that game could have been a huge contender if the engine were better. Also if the art assets were a little less stiff, imo. Also if every race didn’t look exactly the same except for the head.

Classes are fun. I love my sith sorcerer, and i’ve been leveling up a sith assassin with my friend.

I always lose interest in blade and soul, and i’m not sure why. It’s always fun. Often times i just log out one day and never log back in. The new graphics look nice, though.

1 Like

I hear SWTOR is a great game, esp story wise.