What Faction do you Main?

What faction do you mean and why?

I get a lot of people play Both Sides equally but that’s not really what I’m asking here. I’m wanting to hear from people that have picked a faction to play more than the other and curious their reasons why.

I main Alliance because I’m really into Aesthetics of both cities/zones and the overall look of my character. I actually recently faction change to the alliance and I’m pretty glad I did so far. We will see how this goes

5 Likes

horde because i like the races better. humans are boring. gnomes are just small humans. dwarfs are just gnomes with beards. yawn.

8 Likes

Alliance because castles and werewolves. Not horde because I don’t want my main architectural style being mud-huts and animal hides.

11 Likes

The worgen starting zone is probably one of the most interesting zones I have ever seen in the game

8 Likes

FAAATHERRR!!
rip liam.

1 Like

I main Horde because I played Horde when I was younger, and thought they were the underdog. Don’t feel that way anymore but after 15+ years, Horde is my home.

8 Likes

I play both and I alternate which faction I focus on every expansion.

2 Likes

Kings honor, friend.

2 Likes

Horde for mains, Alliance for casual alts is my own personal setup.

As for gameplay, I do most premade/higher-end content on my Horde toons (whether it’s M+, RBGs, etc). I use my Alliance toons mainly for playing BGs (and especially epic BGs).

2 Likes

Pity that all that work just got abandoned.

9 Likes

Horde, I like the earlier quest lines better, and have more fun levelling horde side then Alliance. … Also, Blood Elves.

I have Alliance to run with IRL people that play that side.

Although in the later campaigns the quest line doesn’t matter as much, so now it’s probably habit.

1 Like

I used to be horde. I really, really like the belf toon. Then void elfs, but… Then BfA happened. The story… I felt like horrible, genocide of the night elves, the biological/chemical warfare and I always dislike the way horde leaders were always talking down to my toon. I am the hero of the story, after all, a little respect please.

Starting late in BfA, I had enough and started switching all my toons to alliance. With the new customizations of the velf and I like the gnomes, I am happy with the 2.5 million gold I spent (tokens).

The only thing I miss is the random epic bgs, the horde seems to dominate in pvp, but I don’t care for pvp anyways so I don’t do it anymore.

4 Likes

Alliance since TBC.

Dabbled a little bit with Horde in BfA to see the other storyline. In SLs have no reason to play my Horde toons

When I had a guild, Alliance. Now that I lack a guild I wander from character to character.

1 Like

I mean Horde because, I main, otherwise I’d have to play Alliance.

2 Likes

Alliance, and have been Alliance since patch 1.6. When I started I had no handle on Warcraft lore and the Horde just seemed weird, so I rolled this human.

There was a period in mid-late TBC and through WotLK that the Horde was starting to grow on me (I had a tauren and a couple trolls I loved to play), but then Garrosh happened, Org was ruined, and my interest in the Horde was permanently curbed. The mess with Sylvanas amplified that and I’ve logged onto that tauren for maybe a total of a couple of hours since Legion.

6 Likes

Horde, I started in BC and had a fondness for the portrayal of Thrall’s Horde and the Tauren in orc/rexxar WC3 campaigns, plus the the races felt more interesting then the standard humans and elves.

And while I’ve always kept a couple (or more) max level Alliance to experience the story and/or do content, Horde has always been home even if some leaders have caused it to stray.

1 Like

WTB Thrall’s Horde back, willing to pay all golds

4 Likes

Started horde by the end of mop, changed to Alliance by the time Legion launched and sticked with them. Next xpac probably go horde again, alliance is too “human-centric”, their story is kinda boring now

The sad truth is without the Alliance there would be no Horde. They would go to war with them selves and split into several factions. To much internal conflict.

1 Like