What exactly are void elves doing?

So basically Void Elve’s Blood is Purple now? I did not know that.

So I think the most simple explanation is that they’re academic scholars on a new frontier. Think of it like Marie Curie discovering radium-- exposure to it is bad for you but learning about it will make tech breakthroughs.

I also think they’re going to end up being like SI:7 in terms of spying on cosmic forces for the alliance.

void elves are prettier too

I mean…yeah the entire thing is ridiculous. Not Void Elves themselves, but the idea of the Blood Elves rejecting them and the Alliance accepting them, when in Eversong we see the Alliance had huge problems with an entire population using volatile magic (as seen with the night elves and the dwarf spy. Note, canonically, this was before the Blood Elves officially joined the Horde).

Now, the Blood Elves are the goody-two-shoes and exiled their own people for using dark magic, with the Alliance accepting them?

This just comes down to the whole “Alliance can never be bad or intolerant. Horde is completely schizophrenic” issue the lore has had since BFA. And also Blizzard wants an excuse to give the Alliance high elves without really giving them high elves. And look how that’s gone…

2 Likes

Void Elves now have more in common with the original Sin’Dorei of Burning Crusade.

Bit of a hot take here, the worst thing to happen to the Blood Elves is getting their well restored to exactly what it was before. Now they are just edgy high elves who are still jaded for some reason.

5 Likes

At the very least if they wanted to fix the sunwell, they could still show a divide between the Holy Blood Elves and those who still seek unlimited power. Instead they just…suddenly completely changed their entire personalities, I suppose. Or, went over to the Alliance, which is even funnier.

1 Like

If I was the one at the time doing the writing. I would have had Kael’thas return but with clear fel corruption within him.
Keeping with the theme of Sin’Dorei he would summon KJ but it would have been a ploy to use his energy to breath life into the shadow-corrupted sunwell.

This obviously isn’t a perfect solution which the shattered sun offensive comes in and using the light somehow makes the Sunwell manageable.

Kaelthas is a hero in a way. Sin Dorei keep their original theme but are not doomed to extinction. This is how I would have done it :dracthyr_shrug:

As for Void Elves. It should have been a Horde thing and Nightborne an Alliance thing but its obvious Blizzard wanted to give the Horde Night Elves and the Alliance High Elves.
And now that is meaningless with the merged guilds. Anyone can participate in anything now, faction barriers are a thing of the past that we must carry forward like a tumor.

1 Like

cross faction guildmates cannot quest or heal each other in open world, at best tbh. in world pvp they are enimies.

cross faction guildmates also cannot que lfd/lfr together. I haven’t tried or heard yet, but they may not even be able to que random bg’s either maybe?

They can’t do anything together but manually enter dungeons and raids. All “cross faction” guilds did was allow guild chat to work. Friend couldn’t even use portals or mage table in group and i couldn’t trade it to them.

While a step in the right direction it has been wholly useless for most activities since they still don’t count as a friend and remain “hostile”

I honestly hope they fix this. I want to group with my friends and be able to do things with them down the road.

They’re not “curious,” we literally see them practicing and learning to harness the void. The best comparison is this: if you make a fair-skinned, blue-eyed Void Elf, they’re a High Elf who harnesses void magic and may also temporarily turny voidy with their racial, just like Alleria.

If you’re blue, then you’re a Blood Elf who was directly involved in the accident turning them blue, like Umbric and the Silvermoon Scholars.

This follows the same logic as Sand Trolls, Man’ari, or Wildhammer Dwarves. I think a questline would’ve helped explain this, like with Man’ari, but when you make a Void Elf, Alleria never says you WERE a Blood Elf Scholar. She says that you harness the void.

And in Telogrus Rift, we see High Elf Wayfarers and Void Elves, so it makes sense these are the two we’re playing as. And, probably, a High Elf who practices Void Magic probably then identifies as a Void Elf, similar to how Blood Elves identify differently through mainly a political ideology. Alleria is the best example for this, for sure.

Because, simly put, the blue eyes and high elf skin tones option just CAN’T be any Silvermoon Scholars since they were involved in the accident. That’s why the most obvious thing is that you’re playing as High Elf Wayfarer who just started in Telogrus Rift after finishing your training.

1 Like