What exactly are the Djaradin?

That would explain why Illidan’s warglaives have a little panda face in WC 3

2 Likes

That’s the idea! If trolls are direct descendants of elementals (in the same vein as proto-dragons, which evolved from elementals into flesh 'n blood creatures naturally), then they are, in fact, the only native humanoid species on Azeroth that happened without outside intervention.

Pandaren/Tauren/Quilboar/Gnolls/etc. are specifically said to be descendants the Wild Gods, which themselves were uplifted by the Titans (somewhere in the same timeframe as the Aspects). Pandaren are presumably a member of the furbolg/jalgar/wolvar family and came from an unnamed Ancient.

The version of Azeroth with the trees and grass and things necessary for sustaining meat-based organisms is a result of Freya and the Emerald Dream. Would proto-dragons and trolls have had the ability to evolve if the world was still an uninhabitable elemental hellscape? Probably not.

But while creating the conditions necessary for sapient life does SYMBOLICALLY make everyone “children of the titans”, it’s still entirely possible that exterior forces had no actual influence in their creation.

Full tinfoil hat: Djaradin are the common ancestors of Trolls AND Night Elves. All of which, subjects of Daddy Deathwing’s “My First Science Experiment” kit.

I imagine this means they’re elemental-tainted vrykul. They certainly act like it. I’ll bet 5$ they’re like how humans are the descendants of vrykul who had an extra helping of the curse of flesh, except they’ve got “the curse of elements” or whatever. But it’s a hesitant bet because knowing Blizz they’re probably completely unrelated.

There are two options.

1. Since we know the Titans created some Earth Giants, the Djaradin are the descendants of those giants who have been afflicted by the Curse of Flesh.

2. The Earth Giant ancestors of the Djaradin are from the Elemental Plane of Earth, and they were created much like the first Centaur were.

4 Likes

I like these a lot, but I’ll always find it silly there’s two separate origins for centaur to explain the good vs evil ones.

1 Like

You think they have added a lot of races now, just wait until they introduce another secluded continent on the other side of the planet they have flat out confirmed exists at this point.

That is because it is. It would of been SO EASY to not step in it here. Just say the first Centaurs were born of a Dryad and a Djinn Lord (which works with their innate grasp of wind mojo), but their children grew to be twisted and wrong. Eventually they killed their parents in cold blood and warred themselves into extinction—Except for the Maruuk who accepted the teachings of Ohn’ara and left for the Dragon Isles.

In grief at the loss of his daughter and seeing his grandchildren destroy themselves, Cenarius forbade any such elemental unions, and that taboo held until Zaetar got busy with Princess Theradras and create a second iteration of homicidal murder machines which repeated this mistakes of those who self destructed.

2 Likes

Oh, I like this a lot! It would make it very tragic and sad. Forbidden love, because your children will be horses for some reason, and as everyone knows horses have a darkness within them.

2 Likes

The Original Series Klingons with a thyroid problem.

who are the natives of Azeroth then? Elementals? or Old Gods of the Black Empire?

Titanforged are created from Azeroth using her energy to breath life into them. they are native to Azeroth just were artificially created.

Trolls are essentially no different to anything the titans/old gods touched influenced life on the planet. they all evolved due to the actions of all parties to the races as they are on the planet now.

Elementals are the natives. Old Gods were the first aliens to visit.

Hints about the Forge of Wills were present in Vanilla though. Mainly in the Uldaman dungeon with the Discs and the powerpoint presentation you get explaining the origin of the troggs and earthen.