What exactly are the Djaradin?

I’m not necessarily against it, but it does create a bit of the narrative issue that we get with subgroups being “right” in contrast to others.

If the spirit walkers and Orcish beliefs aren’t really part of the afterlife, then they are just wrong (and/or having hallucinations).

If the “Light” represents the benevolent force in the universe then all other belief systems are just second-tier. Shamanism and Druidism are more “wrong.”

If the Alliance is always pure in motives, then the Horde will be “second” best.

If Trolls are the sole beings “of Azeroth” then everyone else (except perhaps Elves who evolved from Trolls) are really just invaders (of a sort). Some of these might be an interesting storyline (hey, Humans, like Orcs you aren’t native to Azeroth, you’ve just been there longer) but I’m not sure they make for a fun storyline.

But given how titan storylines seem most closely intertwined with humans and dwarves as far back as vanilla WoW, I feel that suddenly including trolls in them just makes them of secondary importance due to looking shoehorned in later. Same as how druidism is basically “night elf themes with night elf gods and night elf wild gods revolving around the emerald dream (and some loa too, I guess).”

5 Likes

Yeah, I have long been hoping we would get more solid Lore confirmation solidifying this to be the case. I think it would be awesome. I am not sure why this gets any push back.

Yes. A great way to go, imo. We are basically a half foot step away from that being confirmed.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m still confused on how an elemental becomes a flesh creature, halfway to thinking that is also tampering of the Old Gods.

Old Gods is a good idea, but I agree. I thought it was a weird angle to have elementals turn flesh, and that’s how non-elemental life on Azeroth started. And not very original since that’s already how Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Vrykul, Tol’vir, Mogu, and now Sethrakk evolved. And Orcs, Ogres, and Gronn also descended from earth elementals on Draenor.

Reminds me of when I saw something that said Kobolds were just further devolved Troggs, which are already a failed version of Dwarves. I was kind of annoyed they did that instead of keeping them as their own distinct race. What’s next? Knolls are just devolved Worgen? (Yes I know, Hyenas are not canines).

It is most likely the energies pouring out of the wound the titans caused when ripping out y’shaarj.
Since exposure to the waters had interesting effects on many other lifeforms and even the waters of the wellspring on the dragon isles were a font of Azeroth’s elemental energies, promoting wild change.
But we don’t know outside of the lore saying they turned to flesh over time.
We’ve also seen creatures turn to flesh by being exposed to a huge amount of spirit element on Draenor.

I am not entirely sure the Old Gods directly made the Titanforged into flesh so much as… strategically hijacked the hardware of Life to do so for them, which Titan-allied individuals named “The Curse of Flesh” as the process was surely a curse to the perspective of Order. Life as a force seems to be infectious, consuming and converting things into more of itself. As Life is on Team Change along with Void and Chaos, Organic beings it produces are way easier for the Void to corrupt to their own ends than Titanforged who are innately harder to corrupt as they are of Team Structure—Order, Light, and Death.

From what we learned from the titan vaults and keepers is that the titanforged was made to be carrying out the titans plans long-term on Azeroth and was built with a good defense to withstand unwanted magical energies.
The so-called “curse of flesh” messes with what they call “synthesis matrix” and leaves the titanforged defenseless to facilitate “assimilation”

So it sounds like things turning to flesh over time is a very natural thing in the setting of warcraft, but the titanforged was made with this in mind and had safeguards against it, but the old gods threw together the curse to lower the defenses again.

I want the opposite. The idea that all playable races are children of the titans makes the faction war that much more poignant. That effectively it all a big family feud.

Also, it would make sense why the Titans have called us all “children of the titans”.

1 Like

Old Gods did nothing wrong I wish to ascend like the end of Bloodborne

1 Like

This is kind of why I wish they would stop adding more and more races, we already have so many and it’s getting more and more confusing on who comes from where.

2 Likes

“This was our land. Troll land. We were here before anyone.”

-Zul’jin

1 Like

Humans are technically native to azeroth. Considering their ancestors are the Vyrul, who along with the Pandaren, tauren, trolls, are some of the oldest races we know of.

Unless you were just kidding with that comment

Mostly tongue-in-cheek. The original comment referenced races that were from Azeroth and not interfered with by other forces in their development.

Vyrkul are descended from Titan-forged afflicted with the curse of flesh. Not truly “of Azeroth” but rather mutated invaders.

Tauren (according to Wowpedia) are mutated Yaungol (by the Well of Eternity). They fall into the same category as Night Elves. Sidenote, apparently Titan-forged machinery transformed Yaungol in Storm Peaks into Taunka.

I don’t know how Pandarens came to be - supposedly they’re older than the Kaldorei.

//Maybe raccoons moved near the Well of Eternity?

///I’m just kidding Pandas!

////Mostly.

1 Like

Rumors do state that the Pandaren are possibly as old as the trolls themselves. How else does one explain why nearly every race have stories of Pandaren Lorewalkers? They were a near myth because no one ever really got a good look at one until the last two decades or so

Someone insert that History Channel Aliens image here please.

Pandarens must be pan dimensional beings

3 Likes

I’m not saying it was aliens….but it was aliens

I used to enjoy that show until it took a nosedive into ridiculous ideas

1 Like

The Djaradin make their origins fairly clear. They’re the descendants of Earth Giants. That being said, we don’t know which earth giants. Could be the ones the Titans made that were affected by the Curse of Flesh or it could be Earth Giants that were part of Therazane’s domain and they could be a creation much like the Centaur.

I doubt we’ll know more until 10.1 or beyond. I would not be surprised if we find some hints to their origin in 10.1 though given that there’s a big Djaradin presence there.

I would say they might be simply elementals that eventually evolved into what we see today in a similar manner to the Proto-drakes, who also have elemental heritage. Whether that’s the curse of flesh, direct interference with Titans or titanforged, or what have you, it would only make sense if they were linked in a similar vein being that they are on the Isles.

The mention of invading Vrykul could simply be a reference to how the the Djaradin and Vrykul are very similar, even if they don’t have anything to do with each other.

2 Likes

Unless you count the Old Gods and the elementals.

Really, even if they were never directly influenced by the titans, the trolls/pandarens/taurens existence relied on the titans arriving(and thus are kind of stepkids of the titans), because no titans=permanent primalist future.