What Else is being Cut from Wrath?

considering we can’t even have the disenchanting function in raids either, yeah let’s get rid of heirlooms. It ruins my classic immersion.

Wasn’t it you who schooled me on how subjective this all is and informed us (legitimately in my view) that it was the dev teams call?

Well. You were absolutely right. It is arbitrary, subjective, and ultimately it’s the dev teams call. Not yours.

It’s their game and their design vision. Not mine and not yours. We venture the subjective opinion of exactly one customer each (among millions). Neither you or I are entitled to more say or influence than $15 a month affords. Having any other view of the worth of your preference here is basically what the term “entitlement” refers to when used pejoratively.

You asked for Blue, they’ve weighed in. I warned you that Blue may not come back with the solutions you specifically wanted. And here we are.

Good luck with your future gaming ventures.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is. #nochanges was meant to keep the devs reigned in. But throughout vanilla, they gradually introduced small changes to feel out what they could get away with. When TBC dropped and they announced they were going full on #somechanges, the floodgates were thrown wide open. It was inevitable that they would make changes you didn’t want.

It happened right at the beginning with the arena changes nobody liked. And now it’s happening again, and the irony of a well-intentioned #somechanger complaining about changes is hilarious.

No, I would say all you #somechanges ding dongs are getting YOUR wish.

…are you not enjoying your changes?

3 Likes

Boy if this were only true, but there were tons of changes man.

Blizzard (or, I guess Brian in particular, since he seems to be calling all the shots?) managed to RNG one excellent change amongst all the terrible ones, which was the abolition of arena teams. Were it not for that, I would have already unsubbed based on the news of the past 24 hours. Whether the freedom this one change brings in being able to play arenas counteracts the massive negative effect the LFD change will have remains to be seen.

There seems to be this cringeworthy line among anti-LFD players that everyone who is pro-LFD is some guildless, friendless social reject. On the contrary, many of us are guilded, successful players with strong friend networks in game who, when push comes to shove, will have no issues continuing to run the content in game.

However many players aren’t in such a fortunate position, and were relying on the expected implementation of LFD to bridge the gap - people on dead servers, for one, or people whose play hours don’t align with their guild’s, people with only intermittent availability, or those only able to play a few hours a day casually who don’t mountains of spare to time to sit afk in a city watching LFG channel.

This shortsightedness of removing a highly anticipated feature and not taking into account the massive dropoff of players it will probably result in is depressing. Ultimately, the game is going to suffer even more as it continues to hemorrhage players, while issues like dead factions and servers remain unaddressed and will probably get worse as a result. You might not notice as your BG times, arena times, and dungeon wait times gradually get longer and longer, until one day you’re like “man this game’s dead, I don’t wanna sit here waiting this long to do X” and you quit yourself.

4 Likes

This is exactly my view. #somechanges is and always has been a two edged sword. When I came into Vanilla I advocated no changes. But when the policy shifted at the end of Vanilla Classic I accepted that. I personally feel that changes should maintain the original design intentions of the game, but always felt that the lack of definition around what changes were “in” and what were “out” was too amorphous and left a lot of room for people to be “disappointed”.

In short - #somechanges is not #changesipersonallywant.

There was always a need for greater clarity around what types of changes were in scope. This is a discussion that should have happened and was roundly trolled out of existence.

I would have preferred no changes but we got changes so I wanted clarity around the scope of changes. That never really came. So, I just accept the game as it comes and play it as long as I still get a kick out of it. I’ve supported #somechanges for the entirety of TBC Classic as that’s the game as it was delivered.

As it is, the whole thing is at Blizzards discretion. So, like it or lump it.

It amuses the heck out of me that the people banging on about #somechanges were so confident the changes would be to add more ease and convenience to their personal play. This rather solipsistic presumption was a big pinata full of hubris waiting for a big stick.

2 Likes

This was to me the biggest draw of #nochanges: it wasn’t just blind loyalty to how the game was back in 2004. #nochanges contained no ambiguity, and there would never be the need to have these discussions about design intent mired down in subjectivity or personal opinion. #nochanges represented a kind of simplicity that would keep things going nice and smooth.

But the #somechangers wanted the floodgates open and now they are.

2 Likes

Somehow they have made me more excited for a retail expansion then something I have been looking forward to for years

Brian Birmingham is a joke

2 Likes

It’s not that Feywaif will have no problems running the content. I’m in a good guild. But there’s no way that guild can run enough dungeons to gear up every one of my alts, or the alts of every guild member. If all I wanted to do was do dungeons and raid log on my main I don’t need the LfD. For that I don’t even need the lfg channel. I can do everything I want on Fey with just my guild. But it’s not worth it to me to sub to raid log. If I can’t get groups consistently with my alts I’ll find another game to play.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m doing. Maybe this change will be good for the majority of players. I don’t know. I can’t predict what every player thinks or what they’ll do. I’ve always been clear that I don’t make predictions though people have always pressed me to make them. All I can do is speak for myself. And I know is it’s not good for me. So I unsubbed.

Fair enough.

And again, like I said, I think you’ll find a lot of players quietly “lump it”, by which they just unsub, and then a few months into wrath “why is the game so dead?”

Although, as posters like Zealous freely admit, they didn’t like or want to play wrath in the first place and are brimming with barely-conceived glee that they’re being listened to and essentially railroading the game into the ground, which is what they wanted in the first place, under the cover of “I’m only trying to make the game better!!!”

Possibly. I’m not entirely convinced about all of the changes - I think Dual spec should come in largely as it was and maybe earlier in the release cycle. But it is what it is. I’ll keep playing until it stops being fun. I hope Bliz did their market research properly but it’s not really in my hands whether the game stays good or not.

There have been other changes - worse changes - that I played through and didn’t kill the game for me.

This again is so false that I have to again wonder if you failed to read and understand people’s posts or if you’re lying. Yes I said it again, you’re a liar. Most of us supporting dual spec in those threads refused to make any predictions at all as to what the devs would do. We made no presumptions. It was most of those against dual spec that made predictions and were sure what would happen. Most refused to discuss the merits and demanded we make a prediction. Most of us refused. Over and over they badgered us with their predictions. And now they are beating their chests in triumph like the monkeys they are. It’s childish and you’re joining them.

I spent hours arguing in the multiboxing threads. When blizzard made the exact change we asked for and banned input broadcasting software I never started a single thread to crow in triumph. Frankly, you all disgust me more now then you did then.

And since I won’t have an account to post on the forums in about a month I don’t care how many suspensions I get until then.

Oh, here it comes! The anger phase! Go on, let it out…

1 Like

Not gonna lie I enjoyed the wording of this even though the content is patently untrue. Neither myself, nor Zyrus, nor Feywaif nor Fasc EVER claimed we thought dual spec was going to be added, and we said as much. Repeatedly. All we were ever asking for was that it did be added. I still maintain it would’ve been far better for the game if they did add it.

Don’t be disingenuous bro, I don’t wanna have to go back to those cesspool threads and dredge up one of the umpteen million posts where we repeatedly clarified that asking for something ≠ predicting that we will be given it.

I’m not angry. I never get angry. I have never once done any of the things you hear about other people doing. I have never punched a wall, threw something across the room, pushed items off my desk or a table onto the floor. Never. I’m just totally blunt in telling you what I think. I’m not careful or courteous. I don’t beat around the bush to spare your delicate feelings. Too bad you can’t handle it but that’s a you problem.

I sympathise - I really do. But, I will point out that when I suggested what you said here as what I wanted from my favourite expansion - TBC - you hounded that down relentlessly as an illogical #nochanges position.

You have my support in this one, WoTLKC should have WoTLK featues, including RDF, and dual spec.

But maybe now you know how it feels to have developers picking at it, and members of the community waiting for WoTLK campaigning to transform TBCC into WoTLK lite because they can’t wait.

I’m done with the “victory lap” now. I get it, it sucks to have a game you love mucked around with.

lol. i can’t believe blizzard is screwing the pooch with this one.

I mean I can, because it’s a little unrealistic to expect people to remember what Wrath was like, let alone play it, at Blizzard.

But, … geezus.

1 Like