What does our $14.99 Classic fee buy?

Access to the game. Bug fixes. Access to Retail WHETHER YOU USE IT OR NOT, and development across the franchise (including Warcraft III remaster).

Ask a hypothetical question, get a tedious, literal answer you already knew.

If it is not worth your money, don’t buy it. Go play something free.

1 Like

Oh,wait. Aren’t you the super-smart, super-wealthy dude who make multi-boxing troll threads?

1 Like

Me draining your soul, later destroying the shard because the soul was low quality and not up to my high standards.

2 Likes

Its helping support retail duh

Who would of thought a version of the game pre xpacs would have no development…

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Do we really need two threads about this?

Won’t know that until they split the subs. Can’t really say something is doing ‘well’ if the demand to play a version of the game 15 years ago and it comes to be.

Only thing is that we have to deal with the fact for Blizz this isn’t an admission of Retail having multitudes of people bailing out (for classic clearly) but that it’s just a money grab.

Yes because this needed another thread when there’s literally one a couple threads below this one. :man_facepalming:

You’re not really paying for classic though. You pay for a WoW subscription that also gives access to the Classic experience.

1 Like

Devs claimed that Classic was a gift to us fans, a love letter. I never had to pay to receive a love letter or gift before.

1 Like

Access to the main game, which is currently on BFA

While I’m not gonna be a Blizzard knight and defend their honor, I’m sure it’s mostly just so they look good to their investors and nothing more it’s easy enough to justify. Really think about what an online game costs. The fees don’t stop when a game is no longer in development. You have to pay for the use of the servers that keep the game running. There’s hardware fees both in initial cost of one then any replacement that needs to be done. There’s people who are server technicians that replace bad hardware, there’s people who deal with the software side of servers, power bills, customer support, the list just goes on and on. Lotta stuff I’m sure those of us with inexperience don’t even know that costs money.

Could Blizzard eat the financial cost of Classic? Sure, but you can’t expect a companies intent to ever be to lose money, but the point still remains even if that’s the case they could still easily justify their reasoning. In retrospect, are we really gonna make that big of a deal out of 15$? Glad they haven’t raised it after all these years with inflation. I could pay…idk like ~30$ if I wanted to go see a movie right now, that’s even a matinee and that lasts me however long the movie is. 15$ here gets me unlimited entertainment for a month.

heres your (you) because i completely agree

My $14.99+tax is buying what I paid for 15 years ago. A sub to my favorite MMO.

If it goes forced TBC, then my 14.99 to blizzard and my $1.05 to my local government will stay in my bank account.

Who cares? That’s not even any of your business. Either what you get is worth 15/mo to you, or it’s not. It’s Blizzard’s business to figure out how run their company on their revenue.

your sub pays for retail. there is no development being done on classic, all the work is already done.

i’m paying for classic and getting retail as a bonus that i will never use.

1 Like

no you aren’t, you’re paying the retail sub that classic comes free with, it’s an important distinction and not just semantics.

Some of us? I dont even have this garbage retail installed. And thust me there are many of us.

no i’m literally not, i’m paying for retail and gaining classic, thats not how it works. i get what i choose to pay for. i have to pay to play classic, i MAY play retail if i wish but my sub is purely for classic. classic is not free.