What do you guys think of adding Draenai and Blood Elves to classic?

That actually would be a great idea to lunch TBC era servers.

Pre patch for a month or two then go into Dark Portal opening…. Would be pretty fun.

3 Likes

I don’t operate these realms, nor do you. My desire is a no changes philosophy, and that is what has largely been the case for Era. Your desire is new content. All signs for Era, up to this point, suggest more of a no changes approach by Blizzard, which I believe is correct and in alignment with any expectations set for or perceived by players. Only the future will tell beyond that.

#nochanges

1 Like

Yes, though I thought a 2-4 month pre-patch for tbc at level 60 with tbc talents and earnable r14 gear would be fun. They laughed and said a 2month long pre-patch would be too much, and we got 2weeks.

Yeah but for fresh TBC era servers I could see doing more a pre patch than what they did with classic progression.

2 Likes

Classic+ should have Tauren Paladins and Dwarf Shamans. This maintains Classic races while better balancing the factions, particularly in terms of raiding. Keep the TBC races out.

A cursory list:
Chronoboon Displacer
mailing
Interaction between Ranged Attack certain +Attack Power buffs
1.13 talents/itemization, which then became 1.14 with SoM, and let us not forget:

are all signs contrary to your #NoChanges

No thanks, keep the Red/Blue exclusives!

1 Like

What changed with mailing?

Only 1 mail item per letter changed to 12

I see but at that point you may as well complain about the UI changes as well.

Would’ve loved for a 1:1 recreation with talent changes and all but I don’t think the community would have received it as well. Some would no doubt but I think it’d be few and far between.

1 Like

I agree. Changes ought be judged on a case-by-case basis. Classic WoW has seen both good and bad ones. However, the position of #NoChanges amounts to burying your head in the sand. It doesn’t help anyone.

Ostriches ought to be left alone. They are gonna do it whether it’s useful or not.

2 Likes

Stacks, Empty all mail button, the ability to attach more than one item.

I would have loved this!

1 Like

Geez, I didn’t realize this topic would be so contentious.

Honestly just want to be able to play pally on horde, honestly.

Ask for a TBC Era server.
There are others that have persisted requesting this from Blizzard.

Or if you must play a Classic Horde paladin now, Wrath Classic is there for you. Or ask for the blood elfs that are in Era to be playable. You’d get the model of the belfs in Azshara though not TBC.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of TBC, I just want to be able to play pally on horde in classic era.

That’s it.

That’s why I opened this topic.

I gave other options.

I don’t agree that it’s ‘stealing’ a part of TBC. TBC will always be TBC, I don’t get what you mean by that.

Also, I’m pretty sure that Undead Pallies goes against their original lore.

Playable blood elves is a feature introduced in TBC not the original game or Classic Era. Taking that ability from that expac is taking something that belongs to that expac so stealing.

So lore matters when it is convenient.
I see.
So instead of the Draenei you are fine with the Broken? The Exodar hasn’t crashed yet.

Ok well, that’s semantics anyway. even if it is stealing… it’s not a bad thing.

I’m pretty sure it crashed in classic anyway since draenei have to level up through classic to get back to tbc, but whatever, it’s still semantics anyway.