What do you guys recommend for Netflix/Amazon prime?

While I have always loved my Netflix, I’ve become very weary of it lately. Several good shows suddenly cancelled for seemingly no reason. One of them was listed “due to covid” while other series were just postponed for a year. I’d much rather wait another year than cancel something.

I like Discovery, except for Michael. Her arrogance really overshadows everything. The first season was by far better even though I really like the guy they picked to play Pike.

Picard I am still on the fence about. Have to watch it again to decide if I liked it or if I was just happy to see some old characters again.

1 Like

Sense8 on Netflix

1 Like

There’s a bunch.

Amazon:
The Boys
Hunters
Man in the High Castle
Good Omens
The Expanse

Netflix:
Witcher
Cobra Kai
Umbrella Academy
Stranger Things
Travelers
The Crown
The Good Place

2 Likes

WW II In Color on Netflix is pretty good, but then again I’m big into history.

1 Like

Midsommer Murders on Netflix. Absolutely recommend.

1 Like

That looked good, Going to give it a shot next week. I too am a bit of a history buff.

1 Like

Well here lately netflix is like finding a needle in a haystack for stuff. I would cancel netflix but my brother gets the amazon video so we share,however,amazon has the better search engine of finding stuff and recommendations.

Umbrella Academy

3 Likes

+1 on The Boys.

Somone mentioned Castlevania, first season was amazing, the next one was meh. It actually made me look up similar genre anime Vampire Hunter D both 1 and 2 (on YouTube) , both are excellent.

The Dragon Prince is a nice rated G watch.

You have to watch Ozark, it is really, really good.
Also good.
The Expanse
Dark Matter
Travelers
Jessica Jones is not bad
Outlander

There are more but I cannot remember the titles.

2 Likes

There’s a show called The OA on Netflix from a few years ago. It’s a little strange and weird, but it is so so so so good once you get into it. It’s about near-death experiences and alternate realities, but you have to watch it from the perspective of “these ideas are a good premise for a show and not necessarily something the creators of the show are trying to claim are real.” It only went two seasons, and I wish it had more. It’s so good.

3 Likes

American Vandal. Hilarious spoof of crime lab reenactment shows. Just watch season 1 though. Season 2 is a letdown.

Glow. About women wrestling in the 80’s. Sound weird but it’s got good writing and Marc Maron is in it at his grumpy sarcastic best.

Parks and Recreation. Just a funny series from beginning to end.

All those are on Netflix

Totally awesome, looking forward to the next season.

1 Like

Breaking Bad
El Camino
Better Call Saul
Mindhunters
Longmire
Bodyguard
The Highwaymen
Drive
Zodiac
Founder
Dexter
Killing Them softly

…and if you like mysteries, get rid of Amazon Prime, get Acorn, and Brit Box, and almost everything on there is incredible…

BritBox:
Lewis
Shetland
Wallander

Acorn:
Deadwater Fell
Manhunt
Wisting
BrokenWood Mysteries

And one of my all time favorites…

Broadchurch on Netflix

I am a huge mystery buff so these are some of my favorites…

I watched Justified like three times but now you have to pay for it which is why I do not recommend Amazon because they suck you in with a season or two then they make you buy the rest.

I am retired so I have a lot of time on my hands

1 Like

‎Timothy Olyphant was so good on Deadwood and Justified :smiley:

1 Like

Bosch, Designated Survivor, Longmire. We finished watching (for the first time as they are all good enough for watching again) Bosch and Longmire. We just started on Designated Survivor last week. So far, loving it.

Bosch is Prime.
Longmire and Designated Survivor are Netflix

Carnival Row on Amazon prime is very good. I never hear anyone talk about this show. It’s set in some sort of fantasy/Victorian world with Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne as the main protagonists. It’s great, I loved it. The visuals are also incredible.

On Netflix, Snowpiercer is a good show. It’s an interesting take on the story and very well made.

1 Like

The Boys is really good. I just started it and it’s hilarious and enjoyable.

For Netflix- TCAOS (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) was great for spooky season, but only season 1 part one. You can stop after that.

The Boys is great on amazon and believe it or not I liked Enola Holmes on Netflix was a very nice family friendly movie.