What do we want? High Elves!

For people who say High Elves are playable because they’re Blood Elves, I will quote a Void Elf joke :slightly_smiling_face:

“First was high, then blood, and now void. Get the order right.”

If you’re telling me a High Elf is also Blood Elf then a Void Elf, by extension, is also a Blood Elf and we all know they separately fly their own colors on separate banners. They have their own moral codes and classes. Would a High Elf be a warlock? I don’t think I’ve seen one, especially under Vereesa…but a Blood Elf certainly would be one and most definitely a Void Elf.

I think Ion saying, “they are Blood Elves”, was his easy way out of a more complicated solution because when you think about the different sets of Elves, they are all quite different. Now that Alliance has Void Elves, I don’t think there will be an implementation of High Elves, sadly.

However getting physical attributes that marks a High Elf could truly go such a long way with the players! Implementing Night Warrior eyes with the skin tone for Night Elves essentially could be done for the Void Elves with maybe a hairstyle or two that doesn’t involve tentacles.

1 Like

first blood/high elves are the exact same people. the difference is an adjective. and we have seen a high elf warlock, summoner nolric so the precedence for alliance high elf warlocks is there. second the reason you dont see any other classes in the SC is because they are primarily a ranger type organization with a couple mages that split off from the sunreaver population in dalaran after the horde was invited to their safe space and view this relationship by their kin as betrayal. vereesa basically just copied the farstrider theme right down to naming herself ranger general of the SC

we have already seen the suggestion to ‘make them different’ they boil down to cosmetic changes like hairstyles and smearing make up on a blood elf

2 Likes

You are entitled to your opinion but I still disagree that Blood Elves are High Elves. An excerpt,

“ Following this, 90% of the surviving high elves changed their name to “Blood Elves” or Sin’dorei (children of the blood in Thalassian) in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven.”

This is lore from a blizzard lore article they have published and gamepedia has taken into their archives. Is it disputable? Of course, Blizzard lore seems to change with the weather these days. However it’s what I believe and the line between High and Blood is drawn for me with the fact that I wouldn’t go around calling Blood Elves High Elves and vice versa, that would probably offend them…they have always been at odds in present situations.

This is a thread of suggestions, though, and I’m sure we all have the same ideas as to how to make Void Elves accessible as High Elves so instead of pointing out mine, try adding your own. If I added suggestions that have been stated, it was inadvertently stated on my part because I don’t have time to look through every single page, at every single response :+1:

1 Like

Speak for yourself.

I don’t want high elves now or ever.

Besides we don’t need more high elves, they’re already on the Horde, blood elves.

5 Likes

Nowhere in this part you quoted says that they’re different people, just that the majority decided to honor their fallen.

Based on this, all a high elf has to do is to say"I now honor those that died when the Scourge attacked!" to become a blood elf. What a big difference, hm?

Inb4 someone comes up with the “but the fel!” outdated lore…

4 Likes

I support the calls for Alliance High Elves for all the reasons stated in the High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation).

3 Likes

We just don’t need more elves, period.

3 Likes

“No more elves” isn’t really a valid argument against a new elf allied race regardless if it’d be High Elves or not. It’s just an opinion

1 Like

The Alliance betrayed the Quel’Dorei, with the great lardarse that was High Racist Garithos.

Get over it, High Elves aren’t happening.

2 Likes

Garithos is not once cited as to why the Blood Elves joined the Horde. He’s literally never mentioned in WoW

3 Likes

But saying that they should be playable it’s also an opinion since it’s based on something some want.

5 Likes

The Alliance turned its back on the Quel’Dorei in their time of need, leading to 90% of their population dying.

It doesn’t need to be stated every two seconds.

True, but Blizz asked for feedback for future allied races. Innocent requests come from a positive place, lumping every possible argument together and reaching for ways to deny that request is inherently negative

I use the word deny there pretty loosely, though

1 Like

I figured when a people want to move on from a past persona and no longer want to be recognized as said past persona, you would give them that. I feel like it’s saying to the Blood Elves, “You know what, you survived and want to pay tribute to the sacrifices and death of your kin BUT, I’m still going to call you a High Elf because I am not acknowledging any of that.”

The current elf population that want to still go on to being considered High Elves are certainly scattered, some neutral but the kind that the players would like to see implemented in whatever fashion is Alliance based, preferring Vereesa’s Silver Covenant.

Which takes me to my next point. If you think High Elves and Blood Elves are the exact same people, can you, a Blood Elf, ride a mount specifically given from the Silver Covenant High Elf faction aka the “Quel’dorei Steed”? Or any Horde race? No, my friend so I guess you can’t entirely play as a Horde High Elf :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You can, they’re called Sin’dorei or Blood Elves. Because High Elves are pretentious NPCs.

2 Likes

The Alliance was also kind of busy fighting the Scourge at the time, to be fair

5 Likes

Please stop. We don’t need another HE megathread. Please, post this there. Also, I want a billion dollars. Doesn’t mean I am going to get it. Demanding things by shouting probably won’t get you want you want.

3 Likes

I promise we’d keep to the mega thread if it were possible

3 Likes

But not wanting more elves it’s also feedback.

And let’s face it, it all rest on whether or not their addition will benefit the game or not. 14 years says that so far, it doesn’t.

Does this mean you will call a draenei an Eredar? Despite the fact that they are the same race but actively fled the Legion instead of Joining it?

Just because they are the same race doesn’t mean I will call them High elves… why would I call them the same name as traitors to their own people, after all?
But pretending that just because the majority adopted a name makes them that different, it’s a stretch.

I’m well aware of this, been involved in this debate for far too long and I don’t think there’s enough differences between them to warrant them being playable.

So… we’re using game mechanics to try to pass them as a different race now?

Wow… in all my years in this debacle this is possibly the biggest stretch I’ve seen.

4 Likes

We are called Eredar. We call the red ones Man’ari.