What do we want? High Elves!

I’ve been wanting to say this in the High Elves megathread for awhile now. But, every time I turn around to make a post in it, the thing is locked. So, I will just have to do this here since the conversation cannot be had over in the DEDICATED MEGATHREAD for it…

Now, I’m in support of the Alliance getting it’s long time friendly supporters, the Quel’dorei (not to be confused with the Quel’dorei that turned into Sin’dorei) at some point added as a Allied or Core race (Allied being the better choice imo.) With that said though, my support can go up & down depending on multiple factors. These factors are for example and not limited to…

1. If Blizzard says there will for sure be NO QUEL’DOREI added as an Allied race at any point in the game for the Alliance.

While I would still support them being added. I would acknowledge Blizzard’s official statement and wouldn’t go out of my way to push the issue beyond saying something like “Yeah, I want High Elves. But, Blizzard did say no” in a passing conversation basically on the forums.

1. If Blizzard says they’re considering more Allied/Core races for the Alliance. But, they state they won’t do anymore after X (X being whatever number they post.)

In this situation my support for Quel’dorei becomes a lot more loose and that is primarily because of the limited number of races to be considered. If the number is on the low end like…2-6 at most. Then I would be more than happy to look at other options before I say yes to the Quel’dorei. If it was on the higher end of like 8+, then I would support the High Elves without blinking an eye. That all said however, I can understand People getting burned out on Elves, and in the end for them it doesn’t matter what side it falls on.

If Blizzard wanted to, they could also make a “Quel’Dorei Legacy” quest item that allows Void Elves to be customized to look like the desired blue eyed, fair skinned Quel’dorei that some Alliance & Horde players want. This would be a good option for Blizzard if they were both okay with the concept AND didn’t want to create another playable elf race at the same time. A nice “You can change what you look like on the outside, but you can’t change what you are on the inside” type quest.

In the end though, I do support the Alliance’s Quel’dorei being added as a Allied race option for the Alliance. But, this is mainly because I want there to be as many reasonable playable races as possible for People to choose from. What everyone deems reasonable & unreasonable however, I will leave that to them. I know where my support stands and where it will step aside in the end.

have a good one folks!

4 Likes