What do we think of the crafting system?

Is anyone working through the new crafting system? What do you think?

3 Likes

Good idea, bad execution.

7 Likes

I like it a lot but I really wish there was a way to refund your points, even once. I REALLY messed my jewelcrafting up and now I just gotta kinda live with my failure

4 Likes

There needed to be some kind of an overhaul to make it relevant again, but I hate everything about how they did it and find it endlessly confusing.

2 Likes

Good idea with clunky execution, but it isn’t unsalvageable. This system is a good base for better things and even just quality of life tweaks in patches to come. I am carefully optimistic.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a step in the right direction. I did make some big mistakes with my early specialization but I gotta deal with it now.

I don’t have the time or patience for it. Running alch/ench on my DF main, using gold to buy mats, still finding the UI and process a bit annoying.

Probably a step towards the right direction but not IN the right direction?

I’m not saying it should be an easy or overly casual-friendly system but usually blowing gold mitigates parts of the grind when you’re poor on time. Now, I feel there’s a bit of a research timesink on top of the gold, idk.

I’d probably be more into it if recipes were account-wide somehow. All of my old/cool recipes are on WrA but I’m mostly playing on MG :cry:

Amazing for my gatherers.

Fly around and gather.
Put points in certain things, get more of certain things.
???
Massive profit.

My crafting has benefited me, which as someone who mostly plays solo and ignores actual endgame challenges, has worked out well. I screwed up my points in LW, but I ended up with a decent chestpiece/helm. Some cool cosmetic things.

The biggest negative is that no one is placing orders. I mean, that’s kind of a huge problem if you create a crafting system to be part of the endgame. I was looking forward to crafting things for people.

I think people would be more interested in posting orders if they could include what quality they can get. that’s part of why I’m hesitant, at least.

but also people Don’t Know How To, weirdly enough.

2 Likes

Definitely that for me! I ended messaging someone in trade and they’re like, put in a personal order to me and I’m like ??? whoa that was easy lmao

So I think that is what is happening right now, people are posting in trade and you don’t even have to whisper them. Just go put in a personal order to them and they’ll go ahead and craft for you.

I haven’t fullfilled any crafting orders but I’m an engineer and figured that’s expected. I don’t have the better profession tools learned yet and probably not gonna spend the time maxing them out so I gave up on it altogether on Juspion.

Once I get to leveling my priest I may give enchanting a go but I’m not rushing.

Definitely making a lot of money with gathering professions.

Last expansion mining sorta drops at some point but curious how ore will be through out this expansion. I usually end up falling back on herbalism since there’s always a healthy demand for reagents from raiders and mythic players.

Anyway making a lot of money from mining atm and enjoying gathering since dragon riding is fun. Do a couple circles of all the zones, hit up WQ here and there as I fly around and eventually make my way back to Valdrakken to drop all my mats on the AH and wake up the next day and have a buncha gold in my mail.

I think it’s really cool and I love the crafting orders system- it makes it seem like knowing a person with a profession is useful again, and it should take time to truly master what you’re working on. Cool concept.

That being said, it’s kind of just an AP grind but rather than being able to get knowledge points from WQs, you’re stuck to random drops and pickups in the world. And I’m still not really sure what inspiration does or why I’d care about increasing my crafting speed.

I think the future iterations will be better and I look forward to those when they come around.

Also this is the first time ever that I’ve maxed out fishing within weeks of the expac launching

I LOVE being locked out of gaining any exp for 4 hours at a time, one after another ;D

1 Like

Inspiration is the chance to upgrade whatever you craft, multicraft is self explanatory, I forgot the other two for crafting. It’s annoying to have to constantly mouse over what the bonus traits are instead of just saying “Upgrade Chance: x%”

1 Like

I don’t like it, feels like since I didn’t look up what to do before hand I’ve essentially been softlocked.

Inspiration. headbands and track suits for life.

1 Like

I personally love the new crafting system, but feel that work-orders shouldn’t be limited to mostly BOP objects. If I have the mats to get some potions crafted, I’d love to be able to just submit a work order and see that completed rather than work the “exchange” system via the AH, or waste a lot of time trying to rack down someone to communicate with directly. From a new mechanic and game-fantasy related stance, it’s ridiculous that this glorious, new work-orders page is almost always empty.

1 Like

Just found out I can have a battle rez as an engineer.

Also found out that if you don’t put knowledge in it, it can fail super catastrophically and kill you instead and I can’t wait to do it in M+

1 Like

Cool idea. Terrible execution. Gathering is more enjoyable though, it feels like a cool little minigame which I’m pretty fond of.

3 Likes

I just used it today for blacksmithing and i am loving it. I want them to make it happen for old world resources and crafts too.

If i could add one more thing to this system, and Blacksmithing as the example, it would be to let us blend older ore into recipes for other variety secondary traits to items.

I’m happy you found something in the game to enjoy.

1 Like