What do I do if I've been falsely suspended?

I am so sorry this has happened to you! Perhaps, instead of opening another ticket right away, maybe wait a few days or a week and then open another? That way it’s not like you’re inundating them or anything. I really hope you can get your account back :frowning:

They will only threaten you if you go ham with ticket after ticket after ticket. It really sounds like the initial one was auto declined, which it shouldn’t have been. Players are allowed - encouraged, actually - to keep appealing until the player is warned/threatened with further action. Each appeal is a different set of eyes looking over all of the data. It is a path open to players to make sure that the sanction is truly deserved because Blizzard recognizes that they’re not perfect and that mistakes can happen.

I let my emotions and temper get the best of me with my prior comment and I apologize.

But, I do want to ask a question here for clarification sake: are you using auto hotkey, or even have it installed on your system? What about any software that came with your mouse/keyboard that performs the same functionality?

I did ask that, as it is common esp for people who run multiple accounts. They said they were not using any of that, or any multiboxing software/hardware.

Waiting a few days after appeal 2 gets answered (when it does) is not a bad idea. Also, always be polite.

They will if you push it too far, and they always have. At some point “no” really means “no” and it crosses to GM harassment. They warn you first though.

2 Likes

I have autohotkey on my pc, but I’ve had it on here for 10 years it looks like I reinstalled it in 2021. I’ve never opened it, though. I was planning to use it for Path of Exile but I never got around to learning how to use it. I have software on my mouse, the same mouse I’ve had since 2018, and it has the ability to make macros that will repeat, but I’ve never used it to do that. I have keybinds for it for ingame things like extra CTRL, Shift, and ALT keys so I have a wider range of keybinds, but I don’t have a use for it other than those.

Like I said, I’m really paranoid about what’s considered automation and what’s not so I never try to push the line. What might be going on is a program I installed a month ago because Blizzard suggested I install it. I have been having system failures while playing wow which makes my game freeze. My screen keeps going black as well so I have a lot of system monitoring programs installed trying to figure out what’s happening. MSI Afterburner, Userbenchmark, HWMonitor, AvastOne recently installed itself and I can’t get rid of it, RivaTuner, Wireshark, Npcap, that’s all of the recent ones. I don’t know what Warden sees but I’ve heard it flags some programs and bans for them.

If a debugger attaches itself to a running game, anti-cheat will often ban for it. This is industry wide.

Fair warning to any programmers out there, to make sure that stuff isn’t running when gaming.

I see that you did earlier, but as his response to my post confirmed my suspicions I am vexed here… 2 months ago you were involved with a discussion with him about this very same topic and stated:

The only other major change I can think of is the Windows 11 upgrade. I thought that if I upgraded to 11, maybe my system files would be repaired and my screens would stop freezing and crashing. I reverted back to Window 10 because nothing changed, but idk if that would affect wow.

Tech issues should not cause issues, esp hardware and temp monitors. Some things like antivirus can mess with the game starting, or some processes runnig, but not get you banned for botting. Monitoring software can cause crashes sometimes, but I have not heard of more than that from the common ones.

I use Win 11 myself. No issues.

1 Like

Invasive weird off the shelf a/v might be trying to inject itself into running processes, which would set off protections for an anti-cheat. Not sure what is and isn’t white listed. One of the reasons to just use the standard Windows Defender…

I assigned a batch file to one of my keys to move the files for my addons out of the addon folders. It technically wasn’t doing anything in game but I can see how it might be seen as a bot/hack.

This is what one of my batch files is doing.

@echo
move “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Interface\AddOns\AdvancedInterfaceOptions” C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Folder1\PvPAddons
move “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Interface\AddOns\BigDebuffs” C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Folder1\PvPAddons
move “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Interface\AddOns\Diminish” C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Folder1\PvPAddons
move “C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Interface\AddOns\Diminish_Options” C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Folder1\PvPAddons

I cut this down so I don’t spam, sorry about that.

I think I actually use Windows Defender but when I don’t have a “real” firewall installed, Windows keeps yelling at me about not being protected. I hate Avast but I don’t know what else to do.

I’m burned out, ty to everyone who replied. I’ll look at this later.

If programs are installing themselves on your PC, that sounds like a virus somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah auto hotkey even if not used for wow is detectable by blizzards warden thats more then likely what got u warden doesnt differentiate if its not used for wow or not.

It’s not turned on, though. I’ve never had it running. Installed, sure, running, no.

What? AvastOne is part of Avast. What are you talking about?

I may have misread something somewhere. Didn’t you say avast installed itself and you couldn’t get rid of it?

Doesnt matter u have it on ur computer warden scans for any program that they know of that used for botting.

Avast, no Avast one, yes. It’s part of a new suite they’re pushing out to anyone who has Avast installed. Still part of the firewall but it’s a new paid product that they’re “advertising” much like how Windows forces you to update if you put it off for too long.

I’m going to need you to show me where that’s confirmed. Like I said, its been on my pc for a while now and this is my first ever ban.

Finally, the EULA:

Consent to Monitor. WHILE RUNNING, THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING A GAME) MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE’S MEMORY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING EITHER CONCURRENTLY WITH A GAME OR OUT OF PROCESS. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1.C. ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PLATFORM DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE PLATFORM MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER. Additionally, certain Games include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to Blizzard in the event that the Game crashes, including system and driver data, and by agreeing hereto you consent to Blizzard receiving and/or using this data.

Quick Google search found this among other results:

Running being a key word there. If there are no processes running then having it on the computer alone should not result in a ban based on what little I know about it.

The issues I know related to it were when someone was running it to use with the game or they had it still up after using it for work/another game.

Totally dormant and shut down should not trigger anything.

3 Likes