What do I do if I've been falsely suspended?

We can speculate all we want about the reason for the account action, but it won’t do any good.

At the end of the day, the only thing that can be done is appeal until Blizzard tells you no more and threatens account action if it continues.

Only Blizzard knows for sure what caused the account closure in the first place, but they will not reveal that information to you. That’s information bot makers really, really want.

I do wish you the best of luck!

2 Likes

I did not gather he was using it to move files, if he is then yeah, that would do it. He can’t have it running.

If he is just using a standard bat file he should be fine. Those are simple code old as hills and operate outside the game totally.

It should not, but you would not be doing that with the game running right? Blizzard really does not like it when we mess with game files, esp with the game running.

Addons of course can be modified all you want with the game closed. Normally with it open too though given it requires a reload, or restart to take effect.

I am not really seeing how that could be an issue…

I do. Sometimes I want to load TSM really fast and navigating to the file and moving the file into a folder hurts my wrist. I thought it would be easier to make a bat file to move the file for me, then I press my reload macro and bam, it’s moved. I’ve been using this for years and they’ve never said a thing to me.

I made another bat to removed TSM back into another folder so I could quick switch between the two. That’s what I was thinking about using AHK to do but too many people said it can get you banned, so I opted out. I’ve been using 6 bat files on my desktop to do everything addon-related for me.

Now that you’ve admitted to installing bot software, i doubt you’ll get your ban overturned

1 Like

later when the jerk looked, i went away. sad. i did the right thing to dodge it. that is the best thing. heartbroken. people lose friends later on years.

Your thread was addressed back in October. You were given information on how to place player on Ignore, and how to report Ongoing Harassment if that happens to you.

This current thread is not related to player language in game.

5 Likes

Here comes the circus.

Why are you derailing my thread with your nonsense? I’m trying my best to not be rude but please go away.

I checked, I definitely didn’t click off my thread.

1 Like

You really really need to avoid getting into personal comments back and forth. Just put the alt on Ignore. You don’t want this to turn into some of the other threads.

Their first thread in Oct did not make much sense either. That was also answered as best we could and I just linked it. I would suggest not responding to the person derailing and spamming. Just report for spam.

6 Likes

Please stop ur rant has nothign to do with the OP issue.

What circus? You admitted installing it, warden checks for it

Warden can’t see programs that aren’t running, as stated above.

1 Like

As far as we know Warden does more than it says, no one knows but Blizzard

I mean…Ok.

Also, I have another problem with this whole situation. I have more than 1 Bnet account active. So why haven’t my alts been shut down if I’m botting? It runs and does the exact same thing as my main, so what’s up with that?

This whole situation reeks of someone mass reporting my characters and them only targeting that account because it’s being reported. Blizzard isn’t stupid, they can see my alt accounts not tied to my main Bnet.

Well, there’s a major portion people don’t seem to remember exists:
Server-side detection

If you click an NPC too much or on too specific of an interval, they can see that on the server.

I have a custom-made addon that will target an npc and interact with them. Are we really calling that botting/hacking if that’s all I’m using the addon for before logging off? Lol.

Not likely due to mass reports. You have to get many reports from different Bnet accounts in a short enough period of time to get it up to ticket level fast. The automated stuff is for chat spam/squelching and the new warnings.

What they normally do is use reports to flag possible accounts, then watch those accounts while researching botting software. They come up with some sort of detection algorthim or system they use and then apply across a large batch of accounts fitting those parameters.

Reports can help the research certainly, but rare would they result in a perma ban on their own. Blizzard has to back it up with data on tehir side.

I do agree that the alt accounts would likely have been flagged too. They still might be in a later round of bans. I have found it hit or miss with that though. Some people get the main MB account suspended but the carried accounts end up ok or something? I have no idea. They won’t share that kind of thing with the public.

2 Likes

The difference between my main bnety and my alts is that all 300 characters on my main hang out in the same spot all day long, only they log in maybe 40 seconds every hour, but they’re always logging in at the same spot. For my alts, they’re spread all over the world because they don’t have a brutosaur. They can’t be targeted like the main accounts can.

I mean, that is going to look like botting to nearly anyone, including Blizzard, if it is as regularly timed as you say it is. How do you even rotate 300 chars on that account every hour? Much less the alt accounts?

4 Likes

I really do mean this as kindly as I possibly can emphasize through text but honestly? You’re making that assumption that another player out there really cares that much about what you’re doing? You’re another faceless player in an ocean of faceless players.

The only time we see someone focusing that much on another person is when they’re battling the AH for supremacy or if it’s the case of someone fish-botting or something along those lines for days and weeks on end. Of course there are the cases of stalking and harassment but if you’re just playing the game, that’s really leaning heavily on someone actually caring that much about who you are and what you’re doing. Most people cannot be bothered.

2 Likes