What comes after silence?

So, I got two warnings today at the same time in WOW classic, but I am concerned because I don’t know what comes next. I know I am overthinking it, but is a ban next? Or is it another silence, depending on the severity? I feel like every time I log into WOW classic or WOTLK I always get a warning always in twos same with the “thanks for your report” I want to think it’s some sort of bug but I am not sure.

2 Likes

I understand how they work, but I don’t know what comes after your first in-game punishment.

Well, the confusion is what exactly happened. Did you get a warning or did you get a silence? Your initial explanation isn’t very clear on that. What is the sequence of events?

Sorry, my bad. I’ve been silenced before, but today I received two in-game warnings from WOW Classic today. So, I am sort of concerned because I feel like I might get suspended or something.

That’s why I linked the support article:

This is completely automated and cannot be seen or modified by Customer Support.

It’s a warning to not say or do something again. Reports could possibly lead to another sanction, but it will depend on the violation. Silences do stack, so your 24 hour or whatever you initially got is the first sanction, meaning your next will be longer— if you get to that point.

Yeah, but what I am asking is how does the punishment system work? Let’s say I was silenced before right? Will I get suspended or will I just get another silence? Or does it all vary on the things I said?

I think they have moved away from the stacking Silences (at least that is the last I have heard) and now it is a Silence and then suspensions (or outright ban if warranted due to severity of infraction)

EDITED TO ADD:

5 Likes

Yeah, okay this is what I meant. Oh, wait I know how I got two warnings, god this sucks. I was talking about a potential infection in my thumb and people took it as something completely different. Crap, I am screwed.

It’s really hard to say “what comes next”. Just like in real life, the punishment will be based on the severity of the crime and the number of previous offences. If you have a number of previous offences, it could be anywhere from a short suspension, several days, several weeks, or even a permanent ban, depending on what the offence is.

My best advise is to watch what you say in chat, follow the rules, and you won’t have to worry about it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I usually don’t talk in there but I was tempted tonight because people were actually talking and not spamming the chat with crafting stuff.

Punishments stack and will get longer could they nuke your wow account possibly. But you would have to push blizzard as far as there willing deal with you eventualy they will realize your not learning your lesson and decide to end it.

You signed and agreed to the eula and social contract when you created your account to play nice with others the game is rated t but that doesnt excuse being a poor player.

Kyzera posted blue responses that say otherwise.

Please read what Rigatoni said and let’s not berate them when they just came here for information.

5 Likes

Punishments still stack, depending on the severity of the infraction. There are people recently who have posted about receiving a 3rd or 4th silence, but it depends on how severe the reason for the action as to if it goes to suspension/ban fairly quickly. You can get a chat infraction that goes straight to ban if it is bad enough.

Really? I didn’t think it was at all possible to receive a 3rd or fourth silence.

I wasn’t even being a bad player. I haven’t talked in a public chat in ages, I did tonight for one of two things. 1. was me joking with my friend in a public chat calling him a dumb pally bc he blamed me for his death (he was lvl 5. Also no bad language involved or really anything beyond that) and 2. was me talking about a possible thumb infection which people in a public chat took what i said into a naughty way

Well. That is what Trade Chat is for, if that is the chat you were nattering on about your infection. Even worse if you were doing it in the LFG channel, where we have absolutely seen people silenced and even suspended for using it as a global trade/general chat. It doesn’t matter what you see other people doing, it is not meant for that. And quite frankly? Just ew.

We just had someone in here last week who got perma banned on the fifth infraction after four silences.

I meant the times don’t stack/double like they used to.

Yeah, tonight was the night I remembered why I never use public chats.

Yeah, I know. I only said it because I was bored and I was waiting for my friend to make another character because he died bc of hc. That and I wanted reactions.

Jesus. Any suspensions?

We’re a community. Some people share little bits of real life if they’re stressed or just need a moment to talk. I’m not going to judge that.

Exactly, besides way worse stories have been told in this game. I once heard about someone going through a divorce in this game (it was 6 am) not worse, but just one of the ones I remember