What Class Looks Bad for SL?

All I see are “omg my class is going to pump in SL!!!”

But if everything pumps does anything really pump? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know, I am concerned that SL is going to be another stepping stone in directing the game even further away from PvP though.

The content is exciting and looks fun but I feel like the permanence of some things are going to really impact PvP.

Like some choices will be BIS for PvP and not viable in PvE. Since you will most likely need to PvE, what do you do?

4 Likes

My brain can’t handle such philosophical wormholes.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

Nothing has fundamentally changed for enhance. So it will still sit at the bottom of the melee cleave pile.

2 Likes

Yes… Everyone pumps, but who has the most to stop the pump???

Enhance
Ret
MM
BM
Surv
Affliction
Frost
Fury
Demo
Combat
Feral
Boomkin

All look to still be bad because they lack tools needed to compete in a pvp environment.

2 Likes

Borrowed power from covenants, soulbinds, and legendaries will give them plenty of ways to stop “go”es

1 Like

none of these are bad to start with

7 Likes

Only tested Fury.

It’s actually worse now. Probably the worst it’s been in a long time.

1 Like

Could be a lack of haste thing?

Demo and Surv both have huge Pet issues.

Frost Dks still lack NS and don’t have a “niche” in arena.
(Corruption overly buffs mastery for DK now, which is why they are strong, that isn’t the case in SL)

Feral and Boomkin just get out classed by Rogue and Mage.

:frowning:

1 Like

NS?

and wrong no frost dks even stack mastery
most of the highest fdks on both eu/na just use haste verse gear with gush and spite or dh win conditions

i don’t think anyones played mastery and tried to bote chillstreak games since way before the vendor was a thing

everything is outclassed by rogue mage right now
to say feral is ‘just outclassed’ by rogue is to say warrior and windwalker are also just outclassed by rogue

jungle and moonkin/dh are both ultra t1 comps

3 Likes

Honestly the only problem with aff in SL is that they have 1 spell school so when they get interrupted they just jump for 3-6s. Otherwise they will have a very well rounded toolkit with baseline curses and port.

When will people quit thinking feral and survival are bad speccs LOL

2 Likes

Got on PTR last night

pressed summon felguard

Saw the 6 second cast time

Logged off

5 Likes

Necrotic Strike, and again, you keep referencing BFA corruption things when the original post asked about Shadowlands.

That’s a huge issue, ask any warrior player lol. Either its warrior meta or rogue meta because one is the "the better ‘other.’ (Rogues are just better warriors, warriors are just better rogues)

These classes continue to lack unique tools that give them an edge in arena.

IE: Locks and rogues heal for more than enhance and ret…

2 Likes

you’re literally the one that said corruption over buffs mastery for frost
all i said was that you have no idea whats going on around you because no frost dks are stacking mastery corruptions or even mastery in general

frost doesn’t need NS and it doesn’t need a ‘niche’
it needs it’s damage put back into obliterate and froststrike instead of 99% of it coming from frost fever

i mean as a dk player i would absolutely say that chains and grip are more than enough niche for frost dk to be successful
it was more than enough for wwdk to be one of the best comps in the game for a majority of both wod and legion

i’d go as far as to say that delirium/heartstop aura are actually more unique niches than most specs have

the only real issue with frost is that 90% of it’s damage comes from frost fever so it’s hard to actually kill anything outside of out damping or chillstreaking

they just need to reallocate frost fevers damage back into obliterate and froststrike and wwdk dhdk and even destrofdk will likely be a terror again in SL
and afaik they’d buffed both oblit and FS

this is only kinda true
i used to view it exactly like that also
the biggest example would be legion season 3 when wmpala was insane and you never saw rogues because warrior was just the better rogue

id argue that since then dh/arms and rmx have both existed as t1 comps at the same time during the same seasons multiple times your point kinda falls flat

1 Like

How is Resto Shaman looking? That is what I’ve been leaning towards maining in SL.

As long as you don’t go Vulpera or goblin they look good. Those races are just fugly :nauseated_face:

Throw female orc in there also :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Hunters, Enhance Shams, maybe Boomkins