What class has the highest single target dps?

I’m farming Zereth Mortis rn and paladin at ilvl 405, my dps is truly awful. What dps has the best in the game dps for soloing stuff? Arcane mage ?

My guess would be arcane mage? Or MM hunter?

405 ilvl should be enough for basically anything in ZM, except for maybe the world boss.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to make this sound mean, but pretty much anything would be better. You might try doing it as a pally tank instead. If not, can’t go wrong with dk.

1 Like

Destro lock

2 Likes

Overall i think unholy dk or demo lock have the highest raid(which is mostly single target) logs because of how well they line up with Aug and power infusion.

For open world stuff, role a tank and mass pull everything, your single target will be pretty low but that doesnt matter when you can kill 10 mobs at once in the time a squishy dps could single pull and kill 3.

Bonus points since your already a pally you can do world stuff as prot with just a crappy 1 hander and shield until you get better gear and can then switch back to ret if thats what you like.

I’ll try these

It’s enough for me not to die, but using a near perfect rotation with spec off wowhead, my DPS is awful at ilvl 405. Idk if it’s just paladin or my gear is too low.

I am hesitant to believe someone uses a near perfect rotation and struggles in previous expansion open world content.

2 Likes

rets are in that bad of a spot in retail?

I think the best would probably be DH. You said single target tho (dunno why), probably Rogue

No. I mean they’re not great but for farming old content idk how you’re struggling.

1 Like

There are addons like Hekili which will show the optimal rotation to use. It’s really damn good, and parses with it are on par with top tier players, since it uses data on them to train. But even if you’re not near perfect, your DPS shouldn’t be god awful… ?

Use a Druid, being able to open chests without having to dismount will offset a few extra seconds on rares.

Well your profile says 385 ilvl and Holy spec. Are you doing ZM as Ret or Holy?

I mean for simplicity’s sake, if you’re sucking bad on a paladin (can’t imagine why), go grab a BM hunter and laugh your way to the bank.

Incredibly easy to play with high dps at low item level and great scaling.

Kinda feels like trolling when you ask if Arcane Mage is the best solo class/spec combo, though.

I am aware, but I am still skeptical.

Sure man be skeptical, but we’re talking about some rares in dead content, not M+20…

Yes, thats literally why I am skeptical.

I feel like something else is at play if one is “perfectly” doing the rotation at 400+ ilvl and struggles with previous expansion open world content.

405 is super easy to farm anything in ZM tbh. My pally, thats prot, does 68K dps at the lousy ilvl of 425.

I went back to ZM with my bear druid at like ilvl 408 to farm up that resource for gear upgrades for an alt after the so-called upgrade i did with it gave me much lower than even ZM gear. Had zero problems on my bear a the time. Silly amount of dps he had, and even crayzier now.

Arms warrior should be more than able to farm ZM at 405 ilvl.

Test on MM hunter or druid for me if you have one? :smiley: i’d love to know what the dps is

1 Like