What Blizzard Taiwan did

Not sure what you mean be “moderated”, but that’s ok. I suspect there’s simply a language barrier.

I assume you mean they should be editing the templates? That’s not really the case. They get the appeal request, investigate what happened, and if the action is upheld, they send the response.

Yes, they can send a more personalized response, if they choose. But they rarely do that with appeals. It’s just not a situation, especially if an action is upheld, where players would appreciate humor/levity/personalization.

There’s no hypothesis to be made here. You appeal the account action, and they make a decision. Whether it’s a template response or not, it doesn’t change the outcome of the appeal.

If the appeal is upheld, it’s upheld, even if they didn’t give a personal touch to the response.

5 Likes

This is not the place for discussion, this is more of a help desk to offer advice or point someone in the correct direction. That has been done multiple times for multiple reviews. You may continue to appeal untill they tell you no more will be accepted, at that point it is the end of it.

5 Likes

You are guessing based on an already debunked basis. Each time an appeal is submitted, a different person checks their logs to see if the action was made in error. If not, then your appeal is upheld. If there was a mistake in the action, then the appeal is over-turned. One template for upholding, and one for over-turning. That way, everyone gets the same information based on their outcome. They will not tell you what got you caught if it is upheld. You can also ONLY appeal in the region the action was taken in.

Just to note, submitting an appeal is not a way to plead your case. It is to have them recheck their logs only to see if an error took place on actioning an account.

5 Likes

Yes, real humans do look at your appeal ticket. They issue a standardized template, not something with personalized text. I realize you want it personalized, but that is not what they do. Everyone gets the exact same set of replies. Either a template saying the ban is upheld, or a template saying it is overturned and apologizing.

Just because you don’t get a personalized message does not mean a human did not review it or select which template to send you.

6 Likes

Sorry, maybe I didn’t make it clear. I mean, the response is always the same. Just tell me what terms this operation is under and let me see for myself. All the replies are the same. They didn’t tell me that they had re-examined it. Even if it’s just a template, I’ll accept it! Because I have seen other templates that are not like this, even the maintained templates are not like this, so this is my confusion!

If you specifically want the Taiwan one:

5 Likes

Yes, because it is a template. An already pre-made reply that management and legal have approved. There are two and they don’t add personal details to them. Either they tell you it is upheld, or they tell you it was overturned.

There is actually a third one. It is the one that you eventually get telling you that you have exhausted your appeals on this particular infraction and that further appeals will be considered GM harassment and can result in Battlenet account wide penalties.

If you get to that point…stop.

6 Likes

Can you provide a copy/paste of the response you are getting? Please don’t add any personal information. Just the text of how they have responded.

It just seems that there is a language barrier here, so it would be helpful to see what you are seeing.

2 Likes

Greetings,

This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies (https://blizzard.com/support/article/42673), which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Battle.net Terms of Use can be found at https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html

Regards,
Game Master Team
Blizzard Entertainment

1 Like

Ok, so first thing:

In your response, they give you links to the in-game policies and Terms of Use. But I think I’m understanding more that maybe you are simply looking for what you did wrong (chat violation, botting, etc).

If that’s the case, I’m not sure any Blizzard employee in here would be able to see into account actions for the Taiwan region. If they operate like the North American region, you should’ve received an e-mail with slightly more details. Check your junk/spam folders.

Next thing: Are you opening a ticket under Appeal Account Action, or a different category?

4 Likes

Submit the form under a World of Warcraft account or a Battle.net account

It looks to me with his reply above that he opened a correct ticket tho and received an answer that his ban is upheld.

This part means they’ve reviewed your penalty and have upheld it.

3 Likes

I don’t need them to tell me any reason, because they won’t tell me the reason because they are afraid of being circumvented later. But their answer is that you should check the regulations yourself. They didn’t tell me if they reviewed the form again after I submitted it. I am chatting with you through a translator. There may be language barriers. Please forgive me!

Were not realy suposed to discuss account actions in this much detail or get into discussions just keep apealing till they tell you other wise. Yes mistakes do happen and when they are found to be mistaken they will restore the account and if u ask nicely they mite even throw in some game time.

1 Like

How do you tell from the above that they have been re-examined and maintained?

Every apeal is handled by a different GM who looks at all the evidence and double checks that no mistakes were made.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t believe that is a response about an account appeal. Those responses, though templated, will reference whether it’s upheld or overturned.

The comment of:

Made me think that we may not be talking about the same responses. What Decath has posted is usually part of the template announcing the action, not the template of an appeal decision being made.

Head to this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

Now, click on the square “Account” button, then “I would rather categorize the issue”, then click on “Appeal Account Action”.

It will take you to a form where you will select your account, and then hit submit.

See what happens when you do that. It may take a bit for the ticket to work through the queue, but they should answer it.

I suspect that the ticket wasn’t categorized as an appeal.

That’s quite alright, Decath. No worries, and no need to apologize. We’ll try to help as much as we can.

4 Likes

Well the OP did say the received the same one repeatedly… But we’ll see soon :x

Yes, all the responses they provide are from this template, so I’m stumped. Thank you for your patient answers and help!

What is your actual question? Yes, All tickets are read, Yes, all appeals are read, No, Blizzard does not just auto reply, No, there is no place you can see a "verified fingerprint from a specific GM or employee.

1 Like