What are your thoughts on what Troll Heritage quest will be about?

same as title, what are your ideas about what the Darkspear troll Heritage will be about.

BFA already dispatched Zalazane who was a recurring Darkspear villain, the only other unresolved issue would be finding a new home, since Echo Islands was just where they ended up.

1 Like

No speculation until release. Blizzard seems to hate trolls deeply and I hope the team responsible for those Dungeons and raids gets fired.

I assume itll be something maybe with becoming a Shadow Hunter. Going through the trials.

Or maybe setting up a storyline where the Darkspear with the help of Talanji recruit other small tribes into the Horde.

2 Likes

The small tribe is the Darkspear. Literally any other tribe has more land.

That is my guess as well. In the novels both Vol’jin and Zalazane went through a similar trial where they were each shown a vision of what the future of the Darkspear would look like. We saw Zalazane’s vision, but not Vol’jin’s. It would be nice if they could tie the Heritage back to that and unify the Darkspear under Vol’jin’s vision of the future.

1 Like

If Vol’jin Returns it should focus on all the tribes.

I hope it involves Vol’jin finally awakening as the new Loa of Kings/Queens and the Darkspear becoming the linchpin of uniting the Trolls under a single banner. Plus, I hope we finally get Forest and Frost Troll options.

5 Likes

It’ll probably involve killing trolls.

1 Like

Your bait is so low tier even Gnomes have to dunk under it.

It probably will not include Vol’jin but might have reference to him. I imagine if/when something big happens with him, that’ll be patch content. Zappyboy will probably be involved.

If I had to guess, it might involve fighting some illusionary enemies as you’re told about the resilience of the Darkspear Tribe. Perhaps from their humble beginnings underneath the yolk of the Gurubashi, their fued with the Naga, their persecution under Garrosh, and finally ending on a hopeful note on their assuredly bright and prosperous future in the Horde. The end.

That’s why I am setting reasonable expectations for myself, that sounds more in line with what they have done for other Heritage quests.

You just said Blizzard seems to hate trolls deeply.

Because I know the last years of Blizzard writing and usually they are against the trolls which I do NOT want to happen again. You however are the average MHP who cheer anytime Blizzard gives any Horde a race a big fat L to choke on.

Why is it bait for me to think Blizzard will have trolls killing trolls if they hate them? Blizzard set the expectation, not me.

Not really.

Did they though? They’ve killed him how many times, now? They might bring him back yet again for all we know.

No one wants more Zekhan he is just a meme and a filthy traitor who supported Sadfang all the way

1 Like

When Vol’jin comes back he better not look lame.

1 Like

They might.

I only thought he was done because the quest had implications he was dispatched for good. But with his history they could easily bring him back.

Bringing him back to be a servant of Mueh’zala could be a retcon I could support.

IF he comes back. Until I see him with my own eyes I will not trust Blizzard on anything.

The Darkspear are one of the more powerful troll tribes on Azeroth as of the modern era. Others have repeatedly been beaten down and had insane losses.

Theres countless small tribes outside the “Larger” ones like the Amani.