What are your thoughts on Earthen racials?

gems are 95c, 38s, 95s, and they all do the same mana return, 3.7mil in 20seconds (takes about 8seconds to fill your bar)

Each of them can all stack to 200, unlike the water from the innkeeper. Which is neat.

Thats good news, thanks for the clarification!

Thats cool, lets hope they keep it that way.

Please just consider making the Ingest Minerals simply a stat-selectable buff rather than making it compete for food with the well-fed buff. This would bring it in-line with something like the Zandalari Loa racial.

Too many mechanics and gimmicks are tied to food, including an entire profession. It cannot be entirely ignored by just one race. The gems buff should not be forced to compete with things like feasts.

Considering it’s “Ingest Minerals”, I’m wondering why it doesn’t allow the consumption of ore for basic recovery.

I mean, c’mon. If Link can eat a rock roast, earthen should be able to eat metal. They even have a guy, Badur, advertising “Tasty Ore Bars” near Dornagal’s forge area.

Noting that the hotfixes went live to all realms about two hours after this post yesterday.

3 Likes

I think it’s stupid that they can’t eat regular food / buff food, but it makes sense lore-wise. The numbers need to be adjusted and should be main stat, not secondary.

Is there a place we can obtain the edible gems at a lower level, or during leveling?

1 Like

Not every race is made to be competitive at the top 1%, otherwise Zandalari would only have one selection and Vulpera’s would hit for 3 million.

Well unfortunately those hot fixes still aren’t working correctly.

Only one of belgas gyms actually applies a well-fed buff. The well-fed buff also disappears after you die.

The only one of her gems that actually apply a well-fed buff is Spicy Rubies.

Since literally all wording in the game Words the well fed buff as a permanent buff I’m pretty sure the well-fed buff disappearing as you die is a bug I just wanted you all aware that it still happening.

I’m guessing it’ll take more than a hotfix, but Belga needs to supply all 5 gems colors. The gems available aren’t showing an indicator that health + mana regen is occuring.

Even if the 3 available gems (red, blue, yellow) did give their Well Fed as written, Earthen who want Mastery or Haste (Onyx and Green) cannot eat gems for more than 10 seconds for mana regen purposes, else they lose the buff of their choice.

Earthen should not have to choose between the buff of their choice and getting mana back.

2 Likes

Spicy Rubies is the only ones she sells that actually work. They privide crit buff and regen health+mana as you eat. Fully depleted both on purpose for testing. Worked as it should. The others do not.

So if you are going to buy one in the mean tim stack up on Spicy Rubies for now

This is not a good argument to make. It has nothing to do with wanting a class to be top 1% viable. It’s all about feel. I feel like playing this race means willingly giving up any sort of combat power. No matter how insignificant, Earthen will always be the worst race in the game in terms of combat power, possibly tied with Vulpera.

If you literally do not care about that, that is totally fine. But when a fix is as simple as tweaking a few numbers to bring them up to par, it feels exceptionally bad when they choose not to.

I raid in an AOTC guild, I could play the worst spec on the worst race in the game and still achieve my goals with ease. But I sure wish that I could feel good about playing an Earthen.

anyone whining about horde racials inevitably is complaining about decade old racials where they were great for all of a content patch. and ignoring things like EMFH that existed in the same timeframe.

Blizz just doesn’t see it the same way, otherwise everyone would just have the same power as Troll or Tauren or Dwarf, which they don’t. They clearly want some races to be the “1%” race and some races to just be flavor with racials never being a net dps loss (hence the hotfix to bring Earthen racial to be neutral).

ANYBODY PLANNING ON RACE CHANGING TO HUMAN OR EARTHEN WHO HASNT YET, SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

EARTHEN:

• 563 OF A STAT OF YOUR CHOOSING
  • FINDS THINGS MORE OFTEN
  • FRONTAL 2.2SECOND CAST 2MINUTE CD FOR 134K DAMAGE AND 43K HEAL
  • 200% INCREASED EXPLOPRATION XP

HUMAN:

• 2 CHARGES OF YOUR 15MINUTE HEARTHSTONE
  • STUN REMOVAL
  • SECONDARY STATS GAINED THROUGH GEAR ARE INCREASED BY 2%

HORDE:

• GOBLIN: 1% HASTE AT ALL TIMES. CAN EAT 445 MAIN STAT FOOD.

• VULPERA: 90K DAMAGE OR 80K HEAL, 1MINUTE 30SECOND CD, 2ND HEARTHSTONE ANYWERE ON SEPERATE 1HOUR CD

• ZANDALARI: 1 OF 6 RACIALS, ALL GOOD. BLEED RACIAL, RANDOM SHADOW DAMAGE, RANDOM HEAL, RANDOM ARMOR.

• TROLL: BERSERKING - 15% ATTACK OR CAST SPEED FOR 8SECONDS, OFF GCD

• ORC: BLOOD FURY- INCREASES ATTACK AND SPELL POWER FOR 15SECONDS, 2MIN CD.

• MAG’HAR: ANCESTRAL CALL- ONE OF 4 STAT INCREASE, ROUGHLY 6%

• TAUREN: CRITICAL STRIKE DAMAGE AND HEALING INCREASED BY 2%

• NIGHTBORNE: 1% INCREASED MAGIC DAMAGE, AOE SLOW ABILITY

ALLIANCE:

• DWARF: STONEFORM- REMOVES ALL MAGIC, CURSE, BLEED, POISON EFFECTS AND REDUCES DAMAGE TAKEN BY 10% FOR 8SECONDS, 2MIN CD

• DARK IRON: FIREBLOOD- REMOVES ALL MAGIC, CURSE, BLEED, POISON EFFECTS AND GRANTS MAIN STAT BASED ON NUMBER REMOVED.

• LIGHTFORGED: LIGHTS’ JUDGEMENT 137K AOE DAMAGE AFTER 3SECONDS. 2.5MINUTE CD, LIGHTS RECKONING- UPON DEATH DEAL 901K DAMAGE OR HEALING TO TARGETS AROUND YOU.

• WORGEN: 1% CRIT, 40% SPRINT

• KUL TIRAN: 1% VERSE AND WHEN YOU TAKE DAMAGE, HEAL 2% OF THAT OVER 4SECONDS

• VOID ELF: ENTROPIC EMBRACE, EMPOWER YOUR ABILITIES AND DEAL 5% ADDITIONAL DAMAGE AS SHADOWFROST, TELEPORT ABILITY

• DRAENEI: MAIN STAT INCREASES WITH YOUR LEVEL (ABOUT 200), ON DEMAND 20% HEAL OFF GCD

• PANDA: DOUBLE FOOD BUFF (MAIN STAT FROM FEASTS)

As you can see Humans are slightly ahead of Earthen based on their 2ndary stat distribution, but miles behind even Vulpera in unique Racials.

563 secondary stat on earthen is not a net gain vs other races who have just flat out crit damage increase, or secondary stat increases because they get their racials then get main stat from food.

The ability Azerite Surge is a lower damage then lightforged active, ability and miles behind any race with a passive stat increase, be it secondary or primary, eating or not. AND it has a cast time.

Just Dont Race Change to Earthen, roll a new character and save the money

1 Like

Earthen racial are fixed already?

Yes and No. Its a “Kind of”. Only one of Belga’s Flavored gems work and its Spicy Rubies. With that said the well fed buff goes away if you die. this is NOT working as intended. However since Spicy Rubies only cost a few silver just carry stacks of those till a proper fix is implemented

2 other Foods Earthen can eat. Mage Food and Feast

so 563 secondary stats is the buffed version for well fed?

562 is what the hotfix from last night buffed the racial to. This could always change, but 562 for most dps specs is equal to the main stat that Well Fed from normal food would give you, so right now Earthen have less dps by the margin of other race’s static dps racials (such as Worgen/Tauren crit or Goblin haste).