What are your non-WoW (or non-gaming) Hobbies?

Had to look that up, because I visited Segovia the town in the eighties and it was really a nice place.

A list of everything that Kaurmine does:
Play video games
Watch Netflix
Watch :smirk:
Talk on Discord, Reddit, MMO-Champ, and here.
Watch YouTube videos about random stuff.
Pet my cats and dog
Study I.T stuff + Math

Thatā€™s about it :thinking: My entire life in 7 lines

1 Like

im no longer in to it but used to be a huge sports card collector got rid of most of it but still have a few of them

Gardening - i donā€™t do currently but we have pretty big garden that is split into various sections. 3 sections; front of the house, back of the house and side of the house near the main road. why i donā€™t garden currently? because itā€™s a hell hole. grandpa is a hoarder and hoards plants so yea there is just way too many plants and many of them are not healthy/diseased. ive tried before to help him clean up the garden but when i did he just keeps planting more things and making it a mess so i just leave it alone. iā€™d be container gardening atm but it does become a hassle over time. more plants you have more you got to put in time wise.

i keep aquariums as well; currently only 1 but itā€™s salt water and im trying to get out of this hobby itā€™s very expensive i would rather go back to fresh water. plus in my state it is illegal to keep corals and hard to find inverts at the store although they are not illegal to keep. ironically i live in Hawaii we canā€™t even keep corals native to Hawaii. i have a Green Spotted Puffer fish though atm it is 12 years old already. once it goes im probably going to buy a new tank maybe a bigger tank right now im running a 55gal but iā€™d love like a 120 gallon and turn it into a planted community tank.

learn to work on my car. im not a mechanic or have knowledge on cars but yea i got a beater from my grandpa after my car got totaled from a bad accident ( im wasnā€™t at fault ) guy ran a red light from a complete stop and fricken floored it; my light literally just turned green and he was at a complete stop. have taken this car to the shop before to get basic stuff done but nopeā€¦ they charge an arm and a leg ontop of breaking what i fixed. the biggest issue that i hate about this is that i have 1 car so if i have to work on it for major fixes like the last job i did was changing out my catalytic converter and o2 sensors. no impact gun or cutting/torching so yes it took a long af time to just take off. But yea if i have to use the car like for work i canā€™t until i fix it.

i mean i like it but it has itā€™s down sides as well and yes iā€™ve saved a hell of a lot more money fixing things myself then taking it to a shop such as getting quoted for $1k to fix water pump only costed me $120 for the pump and took a day to fix. would of taken a few hours only but yea no impact again and the way ford sets up their parts in this particular car is just hell. even changing my spark plugs and oil is as hassle. saving up for another car though this one is way too big for me and is a van which i donā€™t need ontop of it having major issues not worth investing more money to fix due to itā€™s condition rusted af frame making it unsafe to drive.

1 Like

Woodworking, art, DMing my d&d campaign, campfires with music and some beer and buds, laughter :slight_smile:

Writing the next great American novel.
Ok itā€™s just writing for r/WordPrompts

Constructing dazzling homesā€¦in the Sims 4

Trying out TikTok and Emmymade YouTube recipes. Some surprisingly actually taste good.

Programming was a hobby and then it became a job :frowning_face:

Mountain Biking most definitely! In fact, once the weather stabilizes out here, which is about to be soon, itā€™ll probably once again be ā€œworld of war-who??ā€ just like it was last year and Iā€™ll be out in the woods on a Giant Talon.

Fishing. Love me some fishing. Donā€™t even really care if I catch anything, just being out in the canoe is a blast.

1 Like
  • Lots of other games, usually single player but sometimes a multiplayer if friends drag me into it.
  • taking care of my dogs and snake
  • lots of reading (I work in publishing)
  • woodworking (Iā€™m remaking an entertainment center into a bar right now)
  • cooking
  • watching tv and movies with my partner

Hiking
Powerlifting. Nothing to serious
Spin class
Guns. I plan on taking some tactical shooting classes.
Sci Fi
Dogs
Billiards
Traveling. I have a condo share on the Oregon coast so Iā€™m there 4 times a year.

reading, mostly. also whatever adventures the wife plans for us. :slight_smile:

Horseback riding
Gardening
Shooting
Can cleaning be a hobby? xD I find it very relaxing and rewarding

1 Like

I go to the gym 6 days a week, used to play hockey but between gym, work and friends I donā€™t really have time for much else.

Hmmmm ā€¦

• I invent and tinker with stuff to make art, gadgets and tools.

• I have a 1957 Chevy Bel Air that Iā€™m ā€œslowlyā€ restoring.

• Iā€™ve been learning how to do metalworking, leatherworking and forging.

• Collecting '80s art, tech, toys and deco.

• Huge movie/show fan and Iā€™m always adding to my collection. Especially 50s to 80s movies/shows.

• Iā€™ve been building a home arcade with 3/4 scale arcade cabinets. I think Iā€™m up to 38 cabs? Along with collecting them, I enjoy modding and upgrading their hardware.

• Iā€™m an admin and also dev for a few Star Wars Galaxies EMU servers. Currently working on revamping lots of Tatooine cities and content.

• And gaming is a big one for me. I game daily on various consoles (from NES all the way to current gen) PC and arcade.

1 Like

I write. Usually fantasy/space opera/adventure works. I say works because I donā€™t really write complete stories. Scenes, character backstories, world building (usually with maps), short chapters, etc. One of these days I may actually find a way to mash them together into a coherent narrative. But it is just for my pleasure. It is something I got into when I used to run various table top rpg games (D&D, Shadowrun, Traveler, and some others)

I work in tech and then play games on my free time. Since I am in front of a computer for hours doing that I like have balance during the day with physical activities. Jogging, riding a bike, and other popular ways of exercising are boring to me. Instead of that Iā€™ve been practicing martial arts for years mainly TKD, boxing, and muay thai not only to stay healthy and fit but have something else in life I am passionate about. Iā€™ve made many friends and lots of interesting ones traveling the world attending workshops and events regarding my craft. :boxing_glove:

Visiting Zoos and Aquariums is a favorite past time for me.

2 Likes

golf. i do a couple backpacking trips a year. watch anime.

most of the time though ill play other games. right now its lost ark and elden ring. ill always go back to dota 2.

ill get on a stent of doing 3d modeling a couple times a year.

Working out, gardening and raising several cute hamsters.

Oh! And I enjoy solving logic puzzles.

Same here, sometimes I think itā€™d be nice if it were still just a hobby.

That said, it pays well and Iā€™m not destroying my body to make a living, so I canā€™t complain too much.

1 Like