What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Amish Paradise- Weird Al Yankovic

1 Like
1 Like

One of my very favorite tunes from the '80s. Iā€™ve probably posted it before, but itā€™s sooo worth listening to again:

Oh yeah, and:

:rofl:

1 Like

Switching gears for a bit here. Always tongue-in-cheek, but somehow deeper than deepā€¦

Das Racist is an end to mindwashed religion
Nowhere politics, bogus philosophies
Probably, possibly a mockery of monarchy
Iā€™m complex like Cournotā€™s duopoly quantities

And also:

If youā€™re not familiar with Reggie Watts, or this routine in particular, just watch it for 60 seconds ā€¦ trust me.

Not only is he a comedy genius, an intellectual, and a philosopher of sorts, but heā€™s a downright amazing vocalist in his own right:

1 Like

Hereā€™s some old trance music for yā€™all today. This was a top 40 hit in the UK in 1996, and itā€™s still a banger today.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

The entire Fear Inoculum album by Tool. ^^

1 Like

First up on random, a bit of '80s Sir Mix-a-Lot:

And that was followed by:

Anyone remember Halo?

Currently listening to Itunes and I have my playlist going -

Human - Ragā€™nā€™bone Man

Itā€™s just Gotyeā€™s ā€œSomebody That I Used to Knowā€ thatā€™s been slowed down, mashed up with a song I canā€™t recall the name of, and then had some lo-fi distortion applied to it. Pretty silly, but hey, it works.

1 Like

Some funk and some groove

1 Like

So I got prescribed some medication to help with my anxiety. Apparently one of the side effects of said medication is anxiety. Itā€™s also giving me some gnarly insomnia, which I was also having because of the anxiety. Ah well. Itā€™s temporary. And besides, I have this great song to help me get through it!

2 Likes

https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/metropolis/latest-show

Wish I could embed links. Text is so boring.

:upside_down_face:

Digging this one, about 25 minutes in. Never heard this mix before, and itā€™s absolute :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire::

Edit: Fans of progressive house would probably dig this weekā€™s show. The guest mix from Tinlicker is excellent!

KCRW 89.9. Fellow Los Angelino? Iā€™m also a SMC alumnus.

1 Like

Yep, hi there! :grinning:

1 Like

Not to be confused by the Small Faces album of the same name.

2 Likes