What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Bit of downtempo / chillout to start off the day. Excellent use of the “Fly Like an Eagle” sample, IMO:

Actually worked with a relative of Steve Miller’s, or so they said. Was a nephew of his.

That was a smooth cut, thanks for sharing, BB.

Here are mine for the day:

1 Like

No kidding, that’s pretty cool. Been a fan of Steve Miller Band since I was a tiny little tyke, my parents used to play his stuff all the time.

:upside_down_face:

And yeah, that Shad track, definitely my vibe :+1:

1 Like

90s dance is just so damned fun! If y’all know any modern bands that have this sort of sound, let me know because I could literally listen to this forever.

A legend in Canada, hopefully people, such as myself, who don’t live there, know her as well. A wonderful singer with moving songs.
1 Like

“MANY moving songs…”

/smile
3 Likes

“Old Times, Good Times!!!”

/happy silly dance
/grin
1 Like

Also, hey Cyndi, hows it going? Been a while.

2 Likes

“It’s going okay. Just been a bit busy enjoying Classic.”

4 Likes
4 Likes

I remember the video creeping me out as a kid. Dude had like worms on his face, or something gross, yeah? It’s weirding me out so much I don’t really want to go check for myself LOL.

Absolutely love the tune tho, great stuff. :+1:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Above & Beyond’s Tri-State was released in 2006 and is, in my opinion, one of the best trance albums to ever be released. This song, produced with the help of Andy Moor, was released as a single in 2005, and Armin van Buuren’s “A State of Trance” radio show voted it the best song of that year.

2 Likes

Animated film for DJ Qbert’s Wave Twisters, a trippy little 45-minute feature that adds a great visual element to Qbert’s mind-blowing turntable skills. Every now and then, I used to dig this out of my VHS collection and give it a watch. Now, of course, it’s on YouTube:

And for a better idea of what Qbert is famous for:

1 Like
1 Like

It is a Church choir translating Greek words from the Greek Orthodox Church into English. It is supposed to mimic the Byzantine styles of Church chanting.

1 Like

Dang. Cyndilou going hard in this den of misfit music.

2 Likes

/dance
5 Likes