What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

When I saw the first part and title of the second I expected this:

It is a silly place. Your song reminded me of this, along the same lines but a little lighter.

1 Like
2 Likes

Random story time - I used to play Bolero while playing the Sid Meier’s Civ 2 because I thought it captured the essence of the game so well. However, the version I played kind of “spoiled” me to Ravel’s original version.

The conductor had substituted Ravel’s brass “BWAH - bwah” at 14:29 with more steady, more martial sounding notes (if that makes sense - I’m not a music person). When I eventually heard how it was “supposed” to be played, I was all “what the fudge?!” To this day, it throws me off when I hear that ending brass.

Sadly, I didn’t remember the name of “my” version’s conductor, and I lent out my cassette tape (yep, you heard right) to a friend who then promptly moved out of town. Never found anything like “my” version since. Oh well.

Anyway, I’m going to have to break the thread’s rule and bow out without posting another vid. It’s way past my bedtime.

1 Like

I thought about Civ when I posted it :). 1st time I heard it was on a cartoon where dinosaurs were evolving to the music.

1 Like

A Stairway to Heaven but a Highway to Hell

Kind of tells you about expected travel volume.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I miss Dethklok.

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

RIP Jeff Beck

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

That’s one of my favorite episodes. I think that’s the one where the fans are talking about how they lost limbs to see them in concert, I couldn’t find a clip. Too bad, maybe the best skit in the series.

The opposite of death metal here.

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Björk - Alarm Call

4 Likes

Caroline Polachek - Door

3 Likes
2 Likes

Touch the sun.

3 Likes
3 Likes