What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I saw Shinedown on their Sound of Madness tour, he sure didn’t sound like that then. Someone said he was dancing with Mr Brownstone and he got better in more recent concerts but when they did 45 my friends decided it was time for a bathroom and concessions break and didn’t come back until the end of the set so I watched them alone. I’m wearing their jacket now.

Speaking of notoriously bad live performances, I couldn’t find a live version of this I liked so we’ll just stick with the studio mix where Axel’s singing and not speaking the lyrics.

3 Likes

Sorry to respond twice, I wanted to reply to one and quote the other but I couldn’t figure out how to select to quote easily so there you go. I’m a big Misfits fan too, I assume you like these guys. They were my gateway to Misfits.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I see where this is going.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I thought of a number of influences there including the stones who I shall visit maybe in a future post. I went this direction with it.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I didn’t know what to do with the 1st one, I see why you posted it (it’s a good song) I just didn’t know what to do with it. This is a little later, I didn’t want to post anything too obvious like Sex Pistols, The Ramones, or The Clash and I’m afraid I’ve been dominating the thread a bit. I don’t mean to, I just like talking music.

3 Likes
4 Likes

When I was in High School they used to have the Rocky Horror Picture Show events every weekend at a local theater. My debate partner wanted to take me, I didn’t drive yet. When Frank-N-Furter showed up before the movie I was shocked at how much detail they went into with their costume. Someone really loved the role and they were the king of the audience cast members, people cheered when he arrived and immediately formed a group around him. They acted out the show as the movie played. After the internet I found out Michael Stipe used to go there as FNF.
~http://www.rockyhorrorwiki.org/wiki2/index.php?title=Varsity_Theatre
I have no idea if it was him, they were in heavy make up but the time was right and whoever was playing him was the regular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc80tFJpTuo&ab_channel=AngeloDeLutiis

5 Likes

“I played Frankie for two and a half years. Was some of the best years of my life.”
/grin

4 Likes

That’s awesome, no way I could do that I’m far too introverted. I was in a play in high school once, very minor role. My dad might have shot me, not to kill me just to let me know he could. I kid, kind of, my dad wasn’t a very understanding ultra conservative ex-military.

EDIT: Saw this in the link, they didn’t have good footage though the spinning scene took a minute to orient. Still too early on a Sunday. It’s crazy listening to them sing let’s do the time warp again 35 years later.

3 Likes
2 Likes

i have never actually watched that just seen some clips here and there

2 Likes

“I think you would love it. You should give it a try.”
/grin

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes