What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

“Did you know he also plays the Banjo?”

2 Likes

Truly, Jerry gave the finger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I knew about the finger and the banjo. If I remember, he started in Mother McCree’s Jug Band playing banjo - a hard thing to do with a missing finger. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

“Did you know, that he also had to watch his Dad drown, as a kid?”

Ouch! That’s terrible.

1 Like

“Indeed it is.”

1 Like

I just met the Winter Queen in Shadowlands! Wonderful questline. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to give anything away, but I cried with joy during a certain cutscene near the end of the questline. :sunglasses:

1 Like

“He also had a Garage Band called Jerry and The Band. They played at Bars, Parties, and anywhere they would have them.”

1 Like

“That is the one I belong to.”

1 Like

Here’s some jugband…

Jerry, Bobby, and “Pigpen”

1 Like

“The Jerry Garcia Band A.K.A. Jerry and The Band…”

1 Like

I like that song you posted.

And honestly, this is the first time I have ever heard Mother McCree in my life! I only remembered it because of your postings.

Someone at a party back in the day talked about the Jugband and Jerry’s finger and stuff. At the time I never bothered to find out about the Jugband until just now, so thank you for the Jerry band and Mother McCree. :smiley:

My Grateful Dead musical experiences have increased this day. :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

Aerosmith " train kept a rollin" Brings back good memories in my young life like some wonderful songs in the thread above. So many songs. Music is one of the good things in life.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Robert Palmer is awesome. Shame he’s no longer with us.

Robert Palmer - Looking for Clues (1980)

Air - Sexy Boy (1998)

Arcade Fire - Reflektor (2013)

Visage - Fade To Grey (Dim Zach Remix 2020)

4 Likes
3 Likes

(Lady Cyndi Lou dances off, in search of sleep.)
/wave
/smile

3 Likes

One Tin Soldier. Damn it’s been a long time since I saw any of the Billy Jack flicks.

1 Like

“I love that movie.”

1 Like

A-expletive-men, Ride.

That is some journey. Wow. It puts the Psyche in Psychedelic. Thanks for sharing this deep track.

Of no particular order, here are some of my deeper cuts:

Epic pastoral piece from early Genesis guitarist/songwriter Anthony Phillips (with some help from Genesis member Mike Rutherford).

A pretty stark contrast to the acoustic piece above:

And an absolute heavy jazz/bossa nova fusion cut (from 2021):

One of the best riffs in rock and roll:

4 Likes